Favourite Guitar Solo

RetroShout

I've realised I'm not actually sure what constitutes a solo as opposed to just normal guitar playing.

Things like Plug in Baby or yes please, which are repeated through the song, are just guitar riffs.

A solo is when the guitarist plays a riff once, and there are no vocals over it. ;)

BLACKOUT!!!!!

not so techically hard, but truly.

like, the HAARP version.

cried. like. a. pregnant. woman.

Oh shit I forgot about that one.

I felt like some sort of groupie in the 80's listening to a cheesy ballad song when I heard that. Bawled like a baby.

Easily's solo at the end is pretty awesome too, it sounds so sorrowful....even if it is kinda simple.

I was just listening to Easily, and the solo started straight after I read your comment!!! :eek::D:LOL:

I like the solo as well, although my immediate thought when listening to it for the first time was "starlight?"

As for other solos I like; in no particular order and not exclusive:

CE

Hysteria

Stockholm Syndrome

Invincible

Uprising (simple yet I get really into it every time)

The Groove (it's the "wow!" at the start that gets me :D)

Thoughts of a Dying Athiest

Micro Cuts (guess thats more of an outro)

Supermassive Black Hole (live)

Sunburn

HCM

NSC (:eek:)

KOC, although I guess there's no clearly defined solo there

New Born

Recess

Take a Bow

Blackout (HAARP especially)

Muscle Museum (although I believe that's not guitar?)

Butterflies and Hurricanes (live)

Fury

Darkshines

Showbiz

Popcorn :D

Oh dear, I've just ended up listing most of their guitar solos. Oh well :chuckle: I can get really into any of these, I often struggle to resist the urge to start air guitaring when I'm listening to any of these on my iPod around other people :LOL:

PS Wtf? when I went to post this it said my image verification didn't match, and the second word of the new one it gave me is in some sort of Asian language :wtf:

• 3 months later...
This is difficult. So many killer solos in there. If I had definitely been chosen as the favorite at this moment, I did pick John Petrucci Lines of Sand by itself. That said I do not really have a favorite. Too many good out there.

:LOL:

hmm. crying shame or mk ultra.

This is difficult. So many killer solos in there. If I had definitely been chosen as the favorite at this moment, I did pick John Petrucci Lines of Sand by itself. That said I do not really have a favorite. Too many good out there.

Lines in the Sand is so much better than Trial of Tears. Not too sure why everyone has a boner over Trial of Tears.

Archived