Blondie uses Muse's Uprising as a live base for Call Me

Maneachicken

while i like uprising okay...i think blondie doing this is kind of a slap at muse quite frankly.

Me too.:unsure: Either that or she's just having a bit of fun with the fact that people say the songs sound the same. I really don't think they sound that much alike, personally, at least not to the point where Blondie should feel ripped off. It has some similarities, but it's not like Blondie was the first musician in history to use that sort of beat and rhythm ... :rolleyes:

Random conjecture aside, I don't really care for the Uprising/Call Me hybrid. Definitely does not do Uprising justice.:phu:

I actually think it sounded horrible. Call Me is a much faster song then Uprising and just becuase the "Call Me" part sounds similar to Come On (its two freakin notes played in succession while yelled-hardly revolutionary) doesn't mean they can be meshed together. She was off key by the way.

I like Call Me, but this version doesn't seem to have any *oomph*... could just be the recording, I suppose, but it seems a bit bland... :erm:

while i like uprising okay...i think blondie doing this is kind of a slap at muse quite frankly.

I was thinking the same thing... :$

Definitely. That's what her prefacatory remarks were getting at: "the next song we'll do for you... you'll have to figure it out, you'll just have to figure it out."

Me too.:unsure: Either that or she's just having a bit of fun with the fact that people say the songs sound the same. I really don't think they sound that much alike, personally, at least not to the point where Blondie should feel ripped off. It has some similarities, but it's not like Blondie was the first musician in history to use that sort of beat and rhythm ... :rolleyes:

Random conjecture aside, I don't really care for the Uprising/Call Me hybrid. Definitely does not do Uprising justice.:phu:

+1 on every point. If musicians were allowed to be that friggin' proprietory about every rhythm, chord progression, or whatever, there wouldn't be nearly as much new music clearing major-label legal departments.

I actually think it sounded horrible. Call Me is a much faster song then Uprising and just becuase the "Call Me" part sounds similar to Come On (its two freakin notes played in succession while yelled-hardly revolutionary) doesn't mean they can be meshed together. She was off key by the way.

+1, ditto on everything.

If Blondie had used the "Uprising" intro as their intro, but then cleanly transitioned into a full-on Blondie "Call Me," that would've worked. But they kept the mashup sound going throughout and it was a disaster, esp. with the bassline.

It also didn't help that their lead guitarist (not Chris Stein, but the younger-looking one on the right, dressed in black and lavender) seemed a lot more into doing the "Uprising" riffs than the "Call Me" riffs (as at the 3:30 point)!

Archived