kewkie

NME greatest guitarist ever!!

His current number is 16 it's not that bad if you think that Jimi Hendrix is at 8 :mad:

It's still way too bad for one of the greatest guitar virtuosos in history :mad:

I won't argue with Hendrix over May since Jimi was his main and biggest influence, while I do prefer, personnally, what Brian did musically.

I just don't get how The Horrrors guy can be ranked number 2 with a way better "rating" than the likes of Hendrix, May, Morello, Vai, Satrini and Blackmore....

It's still way too bad for one of the greatest guitar virtuosos in history :mad:

I won't argue with Hendrix over May since Jimi was his main and biggest influence, while I do prefer, personnally, what Brian did musically.

I just don't get how The Horrrors guy can be ranked number 2 with a way better "rating" than the likes of Hendrix, May, Morello, Vai, Satrini and Blackmore....

Mad World

gah I hate these stupid polls. Just like the song writers poll where Gerard Way was in the lead at one point I believe? They're just popularity contests.

Bellamy is good, but that is it! He surely can't win this? Have you lot ever thought about simply not rigging a vote before? It makes you seem like twats to be honest. Muse were once upon a time good enough to win awards off the back of their own brilliance; they're clearly not any more sadly, so why feed their egos further?

If we feed their egos they'll think they're doin' it rite and keep up with what they're doing, which isn't really right at all :indiff:. You're right.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of Hendrix.

Neither am I, but you can't deny how revolutionary his music was, and is.

maybe, just maybe, people have let their personal opinion affect their votes in this poll :stunned:

bellamy has had a much bigger impact on me personally than most on that list. I didnt vote though. tone down the muse and horrors rage. also, vai, satriani and malmsteen can cease to exist.

Bellamy is good, but that is it! He surely can't win this? Have you lot ever thought about simply not rigging a vote before? It makes you seem like twats to be honest. Muse were once upon a time good enough to win awards off the back of their own brilliance; they're clearly not any more sadly, so why feed their egos further?

You know what opinion is? I love Muses music, yes, even thier new stuff and Matt is brilliant on the guitar. I seriously don't know why half of the people on this message board are even on here. Just give it up and admit you don't like Muse anymore and move along to another bands forum page. I don't even like going on the site anymore because people slag them off so much now! I've been a fan since 2004 and I love the changes that they have made.

Matt is an excellent musician, singer/songwriter, composer, guitarist, pianist, and singer. Their aren't too many artist that have that much talent. That is my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Just becuase I voted 10 for Matt, doesn't mean I wouldn't vote 10 for Jimi or Brian. Thats my right. :mad:

You know what opinion is? I love Muses music, yes, even thier new stuff and Matt is brilliant on the guitar. I seriously don't know why half of the people on this message board are even on here. Just give it up and admit you don't like Muse anymore and move along to another bands forum page. I don't even like going on the site anymore because people slag them off so much now! I've been a fan since 2004 and I love the changes that they have made.

Matt is an excellent musician, singer/songwriter, composer, guitarist, pianist, and singer. Their aren't too many artist that have that much talent. That is my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Just becuase I voted 10 for Matt, doesn't mean I wouldn't vote 10 for Jimi or Brian. Thats my right. :mad:

Good for ya :)

Yay for everyone having their own opinion :awesome:

I quit trying to bring the real guitar heroes to the top 5

So although I know Matt isn't the greatest guitarist ever but if someone from the current top 5 has to be number 1 that's him so I'm going to give him 10 because I prefer to see him win this stupid contest than The horrors guy

You Just Rated:John Frusciante, Red Hot Chili Peppers

Your Rating: 10

I would never put Matt even close to John in terms of guitar skills.

Lmao Matt is coming second. :LOL: God, people are so blinded by the fact that he's the guitarist in Muse. How does that make him worthy of the 2nd place?

You Just Rated:John Frusciante, Red Hot Chili Peppers

Your Rating: 10

I would never put Matt even close to John in terms of guitar skills.

:yesey:

It's just an NME poll. :erm: I don't think they even check to see the results of these things. They're just to get more hits on their website.

matts a great guitarist, he's just being really modest. Just because he doesnt shred like an alien in every song and doesnt mean he cant and when does it makes you appreciate it even more lol, the dude from tera melos or thomas erak from the fall of troy shold be 1st place. Those guys have the most eratic guitar playing ive e ver heard, and they sing at the same time.

matts a great guitarist, he's just being really modest. Just because he doesnt shred like an alien in every song and doesnt mean he cant and when does it makes you appreciate it even more lol, the dude from tera melos or thomas erak from the fall of troy shold be 1st place. Those guys have the most eratic guitar playing ive e ver heard, and they sing at the same time.

When he's having some problems with the New Born-solo live, I don't really think he's even close to even the top10 best guitarist.

When he's having some problems with the New Born-solo live, I don't really think he's even close to even the top10 best guitarist.

i havent seen him have trouble, but we all know he can play some pretty tech parts and sing a the same time, its all about comfortability to me, not about note for note perfection, thats why i like guitarist like omar rodriguez lopez, thomas erak ,jack white etc becuase their playing style is more sporadic and improvisational and a bit sloppy at times but nobodys perfect.:LOL:

on that note i forgot about ben wienman from the dillinger !! omg , insane .

Paco De Lucia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmps3Cc-5_0

Django Reinhardt (He only had two fingers):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEzsPGHsi90

Anyone who mentions shredding in a topic about "great" guitar playing needs to learn the instrument to see how misguided they are :)

Also, Matt doesn't do anything "technical" whilst singing. :confused: Actually, there is an interview where Matt is playing an acoustic, the guy does have a great deal of technical ability as he was into flamenco guitar, but it doesn't transfer that ability into Muse songs, which is a shame in all honesty :(

Edited by haze015

Paco De Lucia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmps3Cc-5_0

Django Reinhardt (He only had two fingers):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEzsPGHsi90

Anyone who mentions shredding in a topic about "great" guitar playing needs to learn the instrument to see how misguided they are :)

Also, Matt doesn't do anything "technical" whilst singing. :confused: Actually, there is an interview where Matt is playing an acoustic, the guy does have a great deal of technical ability as he was into flamenco guitar, but it doesn't transfer that ability into Muse songs, which is a shame in all honesty :(

just proves their can be no "Greatest guitar player " because theirs just too fuckin many!

just proves their can be no "Greatest guitar player " because theirs just too fuckin many!

There's plenty of overrated ones!

i havent seen him have trouble, but we all know he can play some pretty tech parts and sing a the same time, its all about comfortability to me, not about note for note perfection, thats why i like guitarist like omar rodriguez lopez, thomas erak ,jack white etc becuase their playing style is more sporadic and improvisational and a bit sloppy at times but nobodys perfect.:LOL:

on that note i forgot about ben wienman from the dillinger !! omg , insane .

Well, I never said anything about that. But saying that "Matt CAN do all those things, he just doesn't want to" is pretty...well, pointless. Do you have any proof that Matt can do all these things? And some pretty tech parts? where?