NME greatest guitarist ever!!

kewkie

Vai isn't on the poll, it's a a joke.

Also, I looked up Joshua Hayward and there is nothing special whatsoever about his guitar playing, so methinks the horrors fans are rigging a bit. Fight fire with fire?

Muse fans have been rigging polls for ages.

Muse fans have been rigging polls for ages.

Yeah, but I haven't, so that redeems Muse fans globally.

But still, the fact that the Beatles and crappy indie bands are topping the poll can mean only one thing. . .

NME readers are fucking retarded

Yeah, but I haven't, so that redeems Muse fans globally.

But still, the fact that the Beatles and crappy indie bands are topping the poll can mean only one thing. . .

NME readers are fucking retarded

The beatles were pioneering in their later days. Some of the guitarists theres are pretty deserved of their positions. What I don't understand is why Josh Hayward is at the top, why the Ghallager brother is in the top 20 and why Gilmour or Homme arent there at all.

The mind boggles.

Well I meant in the poll, really.

Although many people don't consider him one of "the greats" just because he doesn't "shred" like Vai or Malmsteen.

Is Malmsteen supposed to be good? I always thought he had the the musical creativity of a gorilla with down syndrome:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
Looks as though NME have made an article about the result in this weeks issue. :LOL:

'Revealed - the greatest guitarists alive today. Who is number one? It's probably not who you think...'

jimifeaturechildrenNME090810.jpg

Never hear of Joshua xD

but matt is 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looked up the horrors

THEY ARE HORRIBLE

a bad soundgarden rip-off and they have almost NO guitar in the music

matt should have been first and Yngwie Malmsteen 2nd and brian may 3rd and jimmy page 4th

ARE YOU ALL OUT OF YOUR MINDS!? Yes Bellamy is awesome, but with lack of better words, he doesn't deserve second. And I'm shocked that people like Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen, Eric Clapton, Brian May, John Frusciante, and The Edge arent higher up. Yes Bellamy is freaking awesome, top ten, yes, top five, mabye, but not second

ARE YOU ALL OUT OF YOUR MINDS!? Yes Bellamy is awesome, but with lack of better words, he doesn't deserve second. And I'm shocked that people like Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen, Eric Clapton, Brian May, John Frusciante, and The Edge arent higher up. Yes Bellamy is freaking awesome, top ten, yes, top five, mabye, but not second

The Edge, really? :p

Never hear of Joshua xD

but matt is 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looked up the horrors

THEY ARE HORRIBLE

a bad soundgarden rip-off and they have almost NO guitar in the music

matt should have been first and Yngwie Malmsteen 2nd and brian may 3rd and jimmy page 4th

First of all you don't know who John Squire is and this is just plain retarded.

Bellamy higher rating than Morello? llulz..

And big LOL at Greenwood being 9th with the likes of Bellamy, Lennon and Slash ahead of him.

And where the hell is john squire? Easily the best british guitarist of the modern times.

I saw both Morello and Bellamy back to back at a festival and I thought with my little ears and brain that Matt was far more enjoyable to watch and listen to. Morellos guitaring all sounds similar to me whereas Matt can play rock, shred, flamenco, picking, sliding et al and well at that. You people need to take a chill pill. Tuis is a stupid teen magazine poll! You act like the worls is coming to an end because Matts even on the list. He is an excellent guitarist even if you dont like the current stuff out. If Muse bugs you so much nowadays, move on to a different band and leave Muse alone to the few people left who do still like them!

He is an excellent guitarist even if you dont like the current stuff out. If Muse bugs you so much nowadays, move on to a different band and leave Muse alone to the few people left who do still like them!

:facepalm:

If there's a reason not to like Muse, it's the fans.

I saw both Morello and Bellamy back to back at a festival and I thought with my little ears and brain that Matt was far more enjoyable to watch and listen to. Morellos guitaring all sounds similar to me whereas Matt can play rock, shred, flamenco, picking, sliding et al and well at that. You people need to take a chill pill. Tuis is a stupid teen magazine poll! You act like the worls is coming to an end because Matts even on the list. He is an excellent guitarist even if you dont like the current stuff out. If Muse bugs you so much nowadays, move on to a different band and leave Muse alone to the few people left who do still like them!

You're telling other to take a chill pill, ironite?

People are discussing who they believe is the best guitarist in their opinion and not every single person is going say Matt (an it doesn't mean they don't like Muse)

Please, the only one talking about their current stuff is you. Matt is nowhere near my number one in neither technique, shredding, feeling or innovation. I don't think that Matt is the best, does that bug you so much, move on to a different thread.

Please, the only one talking about their current stuff is you. Matt is nowhere near my number one in neither technique, shredding, feeling or innovation. I don't think that Matt is the best, does that bug you so much, move on to a different thread.

I could't have said it better myself :D

I don't like modern polls/charts these days. The winner seems to be decided on the more fanatic fan base. These kind of marks are meant to be historic but nothing is ever going to be a true reflection again. It's only NME mind - nothing is ever 'true' on there.

Please note: This was not said because Matt did not win.

Archived