Thousands of teen Muse fans can't see them at Santiago.

SonOfKyuss

First of all, excuse me for my english, I don't use it very often.

I'm a 16-year boy who lives in Vigo, near Santiago (Spain).

Last monday tickets sales started for the Xacobeo 10 Fest (which Muse headlines), and in just a few hours 14,000 tickets (30.000 total) were sold, 30€/ticket. Good price I guess, but not for us teens. On WEDNESDAY, two days later, it was announced on the festival's official page that people under-18 could NOT enter to watch the show, not even with an adult who took responsability for them. Why? Because they're going to sell alcohol at the festival. Oh, and guess what! We can NOT give back the tickets, we have to keep them. So we just lost 33€ (3€ from taxes) and we're not getting to see Muse live.:mad: This specially hurts, 'cause I had to get up really early two straight mondays, and the second monday nobody knew about the tickets, had to call stores and all that crap for like 6 hours because the stores found out just 20 minutes before they started selling them.

RIDICULOUS, what do you guys think?:(

http://tanakamusic.com/2010/07/21/indignacion-por-la-prohibicion-a-la-entrada-de-menores-en-el-festival-xacobeo-10-para-ver-a-muse/

Well that's just wrong! VERY wrong! Since they didn't give any heads up before the ticketsales started, then least they could do is take those tickets back and fully refund them. I kinda get why they wouldn't let underage kids inside the festival areaa without parental supervision since they have alcohol there, but with parents it should be okay.

another thing... they initially said they would be selling 30.000 tickets, but yesterday they decided that the maximum crowd has to be 25.000 people... :mad:

I have a friend (22) who was taking her sister with us, they bought the tix and now they doubt whether to go or not because little sis is 15! we're a big bunch of grown-ups to look after her, but still...!

Yap, this really sucks. A friend of mine can't go now either :(

Where did you get the ticket? if you bought them online(el corte ingles website) you saw the warning for sure. if you bought it somewhere else, the person selling it should have warned you.

and that info is also on the ticket itself.

As Olly said, there's nothing muse can do. It's not one of their shows. It's not like we can go and ask for help to Jónsi managers either.

I know people have been sending messages to some muse managers, or something, but what you really have to do is send those complains to the Xacobeo organization. Ask for under 18 to be allowed in with an adult or something. If enough people do it maybe they'll consider it.. or not.

We could at least try

Wow...that's totally lame.

But...you can probably make some cash off of this. Since the tix are all sold out, people are going to be searching EVERYWHERE for some. You could stand outside the venue and sell them (cough like a scalper) and probably get your moola back. Then, you and a bunch of other teens can pee near the entrance.

...you didn't get the idears from me.

First of all, excuse me for my english, I don't use it very often.

I'm a 16-year boy who lives in Vigo, near Santiago (Spain).

Last monday tickets sales started for the Xacobeo 10 Fest (which Muse headlines), and in just a few hours 14,000 tickets (30.000 total) were sold, 30€/ticket. Good price I guess, but not for us teens. On WEDNESDAY, two days later, it was announced on the festival's official page that people under-18 could NOT enter to watch the show, not even with an adult who took responsability for them. Why? Because they're going to sell alcohol at the festival. Oh, and guess what! We can NOT give back the tickets, we have to keep them. So we just lost 33€ (3€ from taxes) and we're not getting to see Muse live.:mad: This specially hurts, 'cause I had to get up really early two straight mondays, and the second monday nobody knew about the tickets, had to call stores and all that crap for like 6 hours because the stores found out just 20 minutes before they started selling them.

RIDICULOUS, what do you guys think?:(

http://tanakamusic.com/2010/07/21/indignacion-por-la-prohibicion-a-la-entrada-de-menores-en-el-festival-xacobeo-10-para-ver-a-muse/

Sorry to hear, thats incredibly annoying. You should still try and go though. Never know, security at festivals can be hit and miss and they might not I.D you.

Maybe if the festival has a forum or something? Ask if security I.D much on the way in.

that's outrageous!!! someone should sue them, i bet they would win :mad:

don't they sell alcoholic drinks at every festival? they did at the festivals i went to and there were lots of teens!

they changed to 16+ and not 18+ anymore! :awesome:

so they've changed it from 18+ to 16+? Prolly the best that they can do.

yes. +16 without an adult. everyone who is under 16 can return the tickets and have their money back.

took them only 3 days to change this. seems like they actually cared and took notice of all the complains. pretty good.

Xacobeo Galicia 2010 decidiu permitir a entrada ao Festival Xacobeo10 a maiores de 16 anos sen ir acompañados por un adulto. Non se permitirá a menores de 16 anos aínda que vaian cun adulto, como avala a normativa do RD2816/1982 Reg. Xeral de Policía de Espectáculos Públicos e Actividades Recreativas. Os menores de 16 ...que comprasen a entrada poden dirixirse á canle de venda e devolveráselles o importe.

source: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xacobeo-2010/404225555270?v=wall

Archived