HomesickSubterranean

Why do people hate Exo-Politics?

It bothers me that the classically Musiest they've sounded in recent years is their Chrvches cover.

Handler?

Whole thing sounds like it could fit well enough on Abso imo, maybe just a few synth keys during the chorus away. Not too distant from Fury.

Crying Shame is probably the most they've fucked up a song. The original riff already suited BH&R perfectly, but then they turned it into a joke.

and what happened to that great falsetto melody?

Jesus Christ. I've never heard that Earls Court version. Why in the hell would they mess with it?

Yeah that's the performance that was linked on the previous page, and that was why I brought up the 2004 version because I don't get why they removed the best part of the chorus.

I like the finished version of Crying Shame on its own merit, but its an inferior song to the original version. Probably about right it wasn't put onto the album with such a downwards remix done.

Looking back, this was like a turning point in Muse fandom for me. I was obsessed with all 4 demos, particularly Burning Bandits. I listened to it all the time, it was going to be my favourite Muse track ever as soon as a studio version came out. The shift the band took between that and Exo-Politics was the beginning of the end for me.