HomesickSubterranean

Why do people hate Exo-Politics?

I'm trying to insult those who dislike it here. ;)

But why do people hate that song? I don't like it too much but I don't think it's awful, and fans always say it's the worst on the album but I never see why they think that...

Also, hi, I'm new to the forums. :)

Well, I don't think the song itself is bad (in fact it's actually pretty great), it's down to the recording. The tone is garish, the pre-chorus sounds awful, and the guitar is very gnarly.

Well apparently it's down to production, but it sounds fine to me, obviously I don't know anything about the aforementioned topic. :p

But yeah, awesome song, highly underrated.

They dislike it because they don't like it.

What's your next question, why is the sky blue?

oh isn't this forum great so far.

I was just asking because I never read positive things about that song and I was wondering why they thought it was bad, no need to be so condescending on a forum. >_>

It's not necessarily bad, but it's not good either. It's just painstakingly average.

Welcome to the boards by the way. :awesome:

oh isn't this forum great so far.

I was just asking because I never read positive things about that song and I was wondering why they thought it was bad, no need to be so condescending on a forum. >_>

:rolleyes:

ok fine:

1. it is boring and unoriginal.

2. It just revolves around a poor riff

3. The production is awful

4. The lyrics..... well.... enough said.

5. "Zetas?!?!?" I spose that is actually the best bit.. :LOL:

and lastly this is all my opinion.

But to be fair, when I joined the forum I was worse than you, so ignore me if you want and don't take offense. ;)

:rolleyes:

ok fine:

1. it is boring and unoriginal.

2. It just revolves around a poor riff

3. The production is awful

4. The lyrics..... well.... enough said.

5. "Zetas?!?!?" I spose that is actually the best bit.. :LOL:

and lastly this is all my opinion.

But to be fair, when I joined the forum I was worse than you, so ignore me if you want and don't take offense. ;)

Thank you. :)

Sorry if I was being annoying back there, I was just expecting a response like that, but in the end you gave the most information. :p

Thank you. :)

Sorry if I was being annoying back there, I was just expecting a response like that, but in the end you gave the most information. :p

ah cool. Welcome to the board. :)

I liked it when I first heard it, but it just sounds kind of empty, you know? Like there's not too much going on.

I actually love the song if thats any help, it always gets stuck in my head whenever i play it.

Although...saying that, i can understand why people would hate it if that makes any sense, i still love it though.:D

I really like Exo-Politics. Generally I hate the more mainstream songs, but I like the ones on BHaR. I just love the second chorus of it :D welcome to the board as well :)

It's pretty bland with nonsensical lyrics. It's more of a b-side fare. I'd say it doesn't fit on BHaR but then nothing really does.

It's pretty bland with nonsensical lyrics. It's more of a b-side fare. I'd say it doesn't fit on BHaR but then nothing really does.

+1.

It is quite a boring song which stays the same alllllll the way through. When I can be arsed to listen to it, I usually hang around for a verse and a chorus before skipping. Don't get me wrong, the riff is ok but it's all a bit repetitive for me.

The chorus is utter pants too.

It's just... pants.

I despised it when I first heard it in its 2005 format and continue to do so to this day. It's just so bland.

I love it personally, but I think it would have been better switched with Easily or Glorious. I could just imagine Map of the Problematique flowing into Easily

Edited by MyLostMuse