What would you put in a guitar?

Neil.

In a next guitar, I would think putting a BoxOfRock or SuperDuper diy (edit : Distortron is a good peddle ?)... But, why not, a Fuzz Face, slightly modified. Not as a Fuzz Face that would become a F-Factory, but a little less.

Ohh and in the current MoC-Bass, I didn't put-in anything .. but I'll think about it anyway. :p

Well.. the point with this thread is to discuss what you would put in a guitar. Your post is rarther irrelevant.

Hardly, see the thread is "what would you put in a guitar?". That is a question. A question that I answered with "NOTHING!"

See, not irrelevent.

Hardly, see the thread is "what would you put in a guitar?". That is a question. A question that I answered with "NOTHING!"

See, not irrelevent.

well I think people could also presume that perhaps those who dont reply dont want anything in?

I want a marshall echohead with all controls on the top of the guitar, and a little push button for tap tempo. I might do it actually. I want to put it in my bass but my bass is too nice to hack up.

Anyone got a spare 6 string bass?

Usually a volume knob and a unity gain buffer. A blower switch is also great.

JT

A blower switch!??!

hmmm... probably a distortion pedal, Matt B seems to switch between clean and 'OMG GAIN' a lot in songs (main example, stockholm syndrome). other than that i think a compressor would be rather good, i like tapping (not any good at it, but i like it). possibly a fuzz factory/some kind of fuzz.

And yeah, they guy with the white Les paul in the vid...over did it a bit. Still cool, but...too much. Although i like the proximity wah concept... problem is i like my guitars light, LP's are heavy compared to my SG:)

EDIT: and a bottle opener, i might do that to my current one actually, would sit well on the front of my Hutchins

I want a marshall echohead with all controls on the top of the guitar, and a little push button for tap tempo. I might do it actually. I want to put it in my bass but my bass is too nice to hack up.

Anyone got a spare 6 string bass?

A blower switch!??!

A blower switch cuts directly to the bridge humbucker without a volume knob or tone in the circuit, at least the way that I like it wired.

JT

A blower switch cuts directly to the bridge humbucker without a volume knob or tone in the circuit, at least the way that I like it wired.

JT

Ahhh. What do you gain by bypassing the tone and volume, compared to having the tone and volume all the way up?

An output buffer , killswitch , solo switch , varitone , phase switch , series/parallel switch , individual switches for each pickup , pre-amp/booster , passive or active tonestack , active eq , coil split.

I think that about covers the basics.

Ahhh. What do you gain by bypassing the tone and volume, compared to having the tone and volume all the way up?

Basically when the signal from your pickups goes through volume > tone > jack , the volume and tone pots load the signal (especially when you have the volume set to anything lower than 10) , loosing some of the high treble frequencies.

The solo/blower switch basically just wires your bridge pickup directly to the jack , removing the pots from the equation when turned on.

You can obtain the same results by doing the "treble bleed mod" but you lose the sweep of the volume pot (google it).

I highly recomend you guys get output buffers in your guitars if you are tone freaks like me.

They basically compensate for any loss of tone along the line caused by cables or low input impedance pedals.

Another thing I`m gonna be trying out soon is using the tonestack from a Big Muff Pi instead of the normal tone pot , it should be interesting.

When you turn your volume pot down , it cuts treble like a deranged butcher in a slaughterhouse.

And trust me , an output buffer inside a guitar makes a huge difference.

If you use a long cable (3-6m) without one you lose alot of definition and treble (the cable basically acts as a resistor).

I recomend reading this.

Listen to the sound samples at the end.

Archived