What would you put in a guitar?

Neil.

Ok, so we're all by now familiar with the madness of Matt's guitars. We all know he has Fuzz Factory's and XY pads etc etc etc. But i'm curious, what would you put in a guitar? I've been looking around at some of the things that other guitarists have, just to see if there's anything else that seems like an arguably good idea. For example, Jack White has an MXR Microamp in some of his guitars. I can see why someone would want that, for example

So, if someone was making a guitar just for you, and you were being realistic, what would you want to have in your guitar?

Personally, I'd go for something simple and practical, like a clean boost, or possibly something like a SHO. On the crazy side of things, I think something like an MXR Blue Box could be fun.

I don't see the point in any really, gone through the pedals in the guitar stage and decided it's pointless and they are all back on my pedalboard. There are not many scenarios when I would need to change potentiometer values on the fly.

I don't see the point in any really, gone through the pedals in the guitar stage and decided it's pointless and they are all back on my pedalboard. There are not many scenarios when I would need to change potentiometer values on the fly.

i agree for the most part, but the only things i'd really end up putting in a guitar besides the standard stuff are

-kill switch

-some electronic mods (if that counts? you know...coil taps, treble bleed, and the like)

-possibly a boost circuit/preamp as i mentioned. i don't know too much about these to be honest, but they could come in handy.

-piezo

and the novelty bottle opener.

i can't think of anything else besides those really.

i don't know what type of boost though. there are many of them. maybe some sort of EQ?

I have always thought of some kind of mechanical expression pedal for those pedals that can't be controlled with a real expression pedal. And you could put it on any knob you want.

I know it sounds silly, but if you could radio controll it from your guitar, that'd be awesome! Preferably with some kind of fader or MIDI strip!

Being able to directly control a couple of digital delays would be cool. The actual pedals would have to be in the amp's FX loop to prevent muffling the echoes, so it would require some kinda midi thing maybe. I don't know.

A built in wah (or a midi pot for it, or something) would be awesome just for quickly setting the wah as a tone filter ala Page & Brian May etc.

I have always thought of some kind of mechanical expression pedal for those pedals that can't be controlled with a real expression pedal. And you could put it on any knob you want.

I can't remember who makes it but there is a pedal called the third hand which does exactly this.

I'd love to have something that controls the octaves on the guitar instead of using a pedal, it would be much more fun to drop an octave and then climb quickly up again away form the pedals.

And then of course something like an easy flip switch to switch to fast delay which lasts as long as a pedal.

I'd love to have something that controls the octaves on the guitar instead of using a pedal, it would be much more fun to drop an octave and then climb quickly up again away form the pedals.

Slide up and down the strings??????

Slide up and down the strings??????

Sliding? What is this I don't even?

No as in lower or higher, so if you're on the sixth string surely you're going to have to detune the guitar, and then tune it up again? And the same if you was on the first string and then wanted to go higher? So it kind of works like an all way octave pedal inside the guitar..

Sliding? What is this I don't even?

No as in lower or higher, so if you're on the sixth string surely you're going to have to detune the guitar, and then tune it up again? And the same if you was on the first string and then wanted to go higher? So it kind of works like an all way octave pedal inside the guitar..

You can use a resistive MIDI strip to control a DigiTech Whammy.

Matt and Manson did it.

You can use a resistive MIDI strip to control a DigiTech Whammy.

Matt and Manson did it.

Problem is I'm not really that well informed with MIDI strips and such. I mean, if I knew how they worked then I'll maybe go and get one.

And on that note I'm going to go Google.

Oh and I thought MIDI went into the computer? So I'm sure that's going to be quite a lot for the software and such involved..

Problem is I'm not really that well informed with MIDI strips and such. I mean, if I knew how they worked then I'll maybe go and get one.

And on that note I'm going to go Google.

Oh and I thought MIDI went into the computer? So I'm sure that's going to be quite a lot for the software and such involved..

No, the DigiTech has a MIDI IN port. You can connect your MIDI controller directly to the whammy.

EDIT: A voice controlled guitar would be cool, useless, but cool.

No, the DigiTech has a MIDI IN port. You can connect your MIDI controller directly to the whammy.

EDIT: A voice controlled guitar would be cool, useless, but cool.

Urgh this is so confusing.

I seem to remember everything about MIDI's one day and forget it the next.

Thanks for your help! =D

Just one last thing though, the MIDI does it directly through a cable or wha?

Sorry... =/

i could see myself using a clean pitch shifter. There's very few properly clean ones out there, but, if you had a hexophonic pickup, you can have 6 seperate clean pitch shifters using frequency-voltage circuits. So yeah, if i had a rotary switch for clean +/- octaves, i'd definitely use that.

Yes. You "only" have to solder your MIDI strip onto a (?9-pin?) MIDI jack which will come out of your guitar. Then simply use a cable to connect with the wahmmy.

There is probably some programing involved, I'm not sure. If you really want to do this it's probably easier to contact gazlang. He sells complete MIDI strip kits. At least he used to.

Yes. You "only" have to solder your MIDI strip onto a (?9-pin?) MIDI jack which will come out of your guitar. Then simply use a cable to connect with the wahmmy.

There is probably some programing involved, I'm not sure. If you really want to do this it's probably easier to contact gazlang. He sells complete MIDI strip kits. At least he used to.

Hey thanks!

:D

I won't trouble you anymore XD

Archived