NME: T in the Park review

Uccellino

The setlist and performance was hardly inspiring though. Crowd was far better the next day because the setlist had more energetic songs in it.

Also they had decided to do Children in Need earlier that day and also had to rush halfway across London to get to the O2 on time which hardly helped.

The setlist and performance was hardly inspiring though. Crowd was far better the next day because the setlist had more energetic songs in it.

Ah, I thought I remembered something about people not responding to New Born?

Anyway, in future those stupid reviewers should just watch Haarp on DVD and review it for every show Muse do, as it is how consistently good they are.

They do try to be cool. Then once it was a massive success they started backing Muse again but it seems they've got fed up of them again :LOL:

This and the Glasto review read like they were written by a frustrated fan than someone trying to be cool.

Headlining two festivals being shown on the TV in quick succession and putting on the same show? (A few changes to the setlist is only going to matter to huge fans)

That's a grave error right there as people will become bored, also, why pay £50+ to go see them when they'll probably be on TV again next week?

Why do you think it will do worse in the UK?

There was alot of positive media hype before The Resistance, and they were riding on a wave of popularity due to Twilight and Guitar Hero etc. The media now seem to be turning on them, and I think their popularity will decrease. Which is a shame, as I think the next album will be far better than The Resistance.

There was alot of positive media hype before The Resistance, and they were riding on a wave of popularity due to Twilight and Guitar Hero etc. The media now seem to be turning on them, and I think their popularity will decrease. Which is a shame, as I think the next album will be far better than The Resistance.

Depends on a few things:

1. What the last single is of The Resistance Era (if the last thing people remember of them is NSC then that will be interesting)

2. How huge the Wembley gigs are (the last ones were mega huge)

3. How festivals and one-offs in the interim go (V Fest 2008?, RAH?)

4. How the first single from the album goes down

5. Whether the 'critics' think it's any good

I predict:

1. What the last single is of The Resistance Era (if the last thing people remember of them is NSC then that will be interesting)

Shit.

2. How huge the Wembley gigs are (the last ones were mega huge)

Hopefully good, (will be for me as it's my first Muse gig) but not as big.

3. How festivals and one-offs in the interim go (V Fest 2008?, RAH?)

Eratic, but mostly badly.

4. How the first single from the album goes down

Not too well.

5. Whether the 'critics' think it's any good

They'll like it, but then DSOTM was regarded as an amazing album and "only" reached number 2.

However, if they do the single for the Olympics and then bring out the album, they will be bigger than John Prescott in a pie factory. And that's big.

Tbh the only media type folk that have turned on them are NME and they still occasionally write nice stuff on their site and magazine. I haven't seen anybody else change their mind.

They may have lost a lot of fans in the past year but they've also gained a lot.

Smart thing they're pulling atm.

Step 1)

Create a front cover issue of muse based on their new album the resistance, all the muse fans purchase it.

Step 2)

Slag off the album, all the indie kids purchase it

Step 3)

Create an NME icons issue dedicated to muse, all the muse fans purchase it... twice

Step 4)

Slag off their glastonbury performance, all the indie kids purchase it

Step 5)

Create a muse front cover...

See where we're going here?

Nothing new here...

Tbh the only media type folk that have turned on them are NME and they still occasionally write nice stuff on their site and magazine. I haven't seen anybody else change their mind.

It's not really negative press, but they're no longer the best thing since sliced bread, they're more like the best thing since I can't believe it's not butter. Which isn't as good, in my mind :LOL:

However, if they do the single for the Olympics and then bring out the album, they will be bigger than John Prescott in a pie factory. And that's big.

Single for the Olympics? :LOL:

I was diving, you were in a position

Then our start gun fired like a neutron star collision

I have nothing left to lose

You took your time to choose

Then we told each other with no trace of fear that

The hurdles don't last forever forever

And if they fall, we'll look foolish together

Well I, I said never

Cause our run wouldn't be forever

The pole vault is broken, javelins fail to distance

We try to make get a gold in the boxing but no one wants a silver in discuss

Hail the showjumpers, padded and proud

Their horses will be loud

Then they'll overtake like the swimmers in an ocean

London is forever and we’ll try

We’ll try together

Well I, I said I could never

Cause our judo, could last forever

Now I’ve got nothing left to lose

You take your time to choose

I can release the hammer without a trace of fear

That my cycling won a gold medal

And Britain, we’ll be fourth together

Will I, I will never

Cause our olympics will be forever

It's not really negative press, but they're no longer the best thing since sliced bread, they're more like the best thing since I can't believe it's not butter. Which isn't as good, in my mind :LOL:

I've still seen a lot of Music publications wanking over them and their live shows.

I don't think they were ever treated as the best thing ever.

NME are twats, yes, and their other reviews of the gigs were pretty gash but the Muse one is fair enough to be honest.

I enjoyed them but they definitely looked lazy, and seeing the Oxegen setlist/performance just makes me want to cry that I went to the wrong show.

Archived