Melbourne Rod Laver Arena!

Claireness

LOL... don't get me started on them.. "Muse and Special Guests"... yes they were 'special', but NOT in the good way... :LOL:

@ winno: they were called 'Ground Component' I'm pretty sure, also it seems we are getting the same birthday present ^____^

Ground Components were possibly the worst band I have ever heard, they were woeful!!!! And that's being kind........ Assasin was played on the 2nd show at Festival Hall, and I agree, hope they play it again as it was fucking awesome.

Their seems to be a deceptively large and cult like following in Melbourne, perhaps we should all meet up in Melbourne, get deliriously drunk or off head and turn it into one huge night!!!!

Ground Components were possibly the worst band I have ever heard, they were woeful!!!! And that's being kind........ Assasin was played on the 2nd show at Festival Hall, and I agree, hope they play it again as it was fucking awesome.

Their seems to be a deceptively large and cult like following in Melbourne, perhaps we should all meet up in Melbourne, get deliriously drunk or off head and turn it into one huge night!!!!

Also played Assassin (extended, might I add :p) on the first night. And at BDO. And it is freaking wicked live.

Well, if I wasn't underage and therefore unable to drink, I'd be completely with you on that. Melbourne Muser meet up ftw.

*exciittteeedddd*

/\ Lol, the support at Festival Hall

"We don't have the same set lists, I don't think you would have guessed that if we hadn't told you"

I don't remember the bands name cos the singer slurred it so bad.

Anyways, I can go to Muse!!!!

My parents are gonna pay, as a birthday present :D

They better play Assasin, didn't see that at Festival Hall, and I sure hope Take a Bow isn't last, it makes no sense to me how you would end a set with that song.

Oh god, Ground Components were SO bad.

Seriously? Take a Bow last is Awesome! I think I like it better starting with Knights and ending with TAB. The weird green cube shit they have on the screens for it looks amazing.

Oh god, Ground Components were SO bad.

Seriously? Take a Bow last is Awesome! I think I like it better starting with Knights and ending with TAB. The weird green cube shit they have on the screens for it looks amazing.

I've heard alley cats mating that sounded better than ground components!!!! My god they sucked!!! Funny thing was a few months later, a guy I know who teaches guitar and has is own band told me that they were supporting ground components at a local gig here at home and I burst out laughing, he didn't know what was going on. I can't wait for this tour and if anyone in Melbourne can suggest a good bar to meet up beforehand, and want's to have a few drinks, let me know and providing I can convince the rest of the crew I'm travelling up with, I'll be up for a few drinks before hand.

I've heard alley cats mating that sounded better than ground components!!!! My god they sucked!!! Funny thing was a few months later, a guy I know who teaches guitar and has is own band told me that they were supporting ground components at a local gig here at home and I burst out laughing, he didn't know what was going on. I can't wait for this tour and if anyone in Melbourne can suggest a good bar to meet up beforehand, and want's to have a few drinks, let me know and providing I can convince the rest of the crew I'm travelling up with, I'll be up for a few drinks before hand.

he he he, ground components....at least they got the crowd going...i a 'i want to kill the lead singer with a spoon' kind of way.

anywho, we should all meet up, and make cgreen's dad buy us all a drink.

he he he, ground components....at least they got the crowd going...i a 'i want to kill the lead singer with a spoon' kind of way.

anywho, we should all meet up, and make cgreen's dad buy us all a drink.

There's a load of bars down in Richmond we could go to before hand. And that's not too far of a walk down Swan Street to Rod Laver.

Bob'll totally by us drinks. We'll get Mum to come pick us up afterwards so we can all get drunk!! Dad'll be singing Knights of Cydonia as we wander drunkenly down the road....

I think that the biggest problem with the Ground Components was that their idea of a sound check was to turn everything up to 10.

Yeah, Rod Laver sounds awesome. Not the best live venue in Melbourne, that title goes to The Forum .....could you imagine Muse at the Forum? With their rig (well, what would fit anyway) competing with the gargoyles and statues and the deep blue roof with the stars on it ....*drools*

i want to kill the lead singer with a spoon' kind of way.

Oh yeah I hear that http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l29/Blackmamba_06/GC.jpg ahh bad memories. I almost lost it when he said at the 2nd Melbourne show "Oh yeah don't forget to stick around for muse"

I agree we all should meet up for some drinks before hand at a bar near RL, Just look for all the people wearing muse shirts lol.

I am going with couple of guys and my uncle wants to come so its that reason that I have to be in seating with him (cuz his like 50+ and does not wanna go in the mosh pit). So does anyone know if you can choose your seating when you buy your ticket, I assume from the pic posted below that number 1 is the best seating?

Lol, yeah 2nd? 3rd maybe? well anyway ill agree whole heartedly that Ground Components sucked ass. but at least the pain was ended by muse coming out and rocking.

and a Muse before/after party would go off. all that would be in say i..

"I" :D

Oh and i am really wanting to hear Assassin, as they didnt play it at the Festival Hall show i saw :( and it being one of my favorite tracks of BH&R made me a sad panda

I've been waiting for this annoucnement for so bloody long & when i found out about it last Thursday i was so pumped up for it, but only to be let down a short time l8tr i found out that the Melbourne show may clash with my final assesment on the 15th, not cool cause i think that may be the night my culinary skool is holding the buffet so i definately wont be able to go cause i need to be there to complete my apprenticeship, So im thinking i'll prob have to interstate cause im not really prepared to miss this, Fingers crossed that i will be able to make it on the 15th & have the assesment 1 week later, Seeing Muse live for a 3rd time this year is a must.

Ground Components were horriffic due to them trying to be like every 70's band at the same time. I took a piss break during their set. Just appalling I have no idea how they got popular.

Muse shows have been terribly done in terms of getting actual information about prices and support acts.

Take A Bow doesn't work for me as a final song. Take A Bow is a track that leaves you wanting more like a rabid dog, that's why it's on the start of the album. Knights of Cydonia is like the epic that rounds it off.

Take A Bow doesn't work for me as a final song. Take A Bow is a track that leaves you wanting more like a rabid dog, that's why it's on the start of the album. Knights of Cydonia is like the epic that rounds it off.

yep yep, 2nd that. i love it as an intro track. really gets you pumped. AND HE TOOK A BOW. lol, gold pure gold.

Oh yeah I hear that http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l29/Blackmamba_06/GC.jpg ahh bad memories. I almost lost it when he said at the 2nd Melbourne show "Oh yeah don't forget to stick around for muse"

I agree we all should meet up for some drinks before hand at a bar near RL, Just look for all the people wearing muse shirts lol.

I am going with couple of guys and my uncle wants to come so its that reason that I have to be in seating with him (cuz his like 50+ and does not wanna go in the mosh pit). So does anyone know if you can choose your seating when you buy your ticket, I assume from the pic posted below that number 1 is the best seating?

we'll be sitting with the oldies (well, one oldie) for this one as well - more power to the senior's rocking out to muse i say.

When you buy seating, it ususally automatically allocates you the best available - so if you get on straight away, you should get a good seat, particularly as most people buying tickets when it first goes on sale will be after GA

@ winno: they were called 'Ground Component' I'm pretty sure, also it seems we are getting the same birthday present ^____^

High Five!

Also, I swear in one of their songs the guitarist was just sitting next to his amp trying to EQ it for all of it.

Ticketmaster better have prices up soon...

Guest Bennett

yeah for fucks sake i wish they'd hurry up.

i also want a fucking SEATING PLAN !!!!!

i'll cry if there's no GA as speculated.

oh why, why rod laver arena

can't it be anywhere else ?!

Rod laver is bad? i really didnt like festival hall so i was hoping RL was better. no matter what the location is like it will be great, as it IS muse that are playing :D

Archived