Melbourne Rod Laver Arena!

Claireness

Hi guys :)

I'm a huge Muse fan and I'm new here... Looking forward to the Melb show! I've been to both BDO and the FH shows and it was amazing. Just wondering if there will be any pre-sale for the tickets? I know Ticketek is selling them form 16th August but I can't find anything on the major promo companies.

Thanks!

Any word on support acts yet? I've heard The Killers and Kaiser Chiefs but I assume those are ridiculous rumours.

I am mega psyched for the Rod show. It's my last ever high school exam, city bars, then Muse.

Glorious day.

Right, need opinions/advice here.

I'm unsure as to whether I should try for GA. I'm pretty small, and 15, and yeah. Will I die? Haha.

I dunno, I just don't wanna get shit seats! Haha. So yes, advice? :$:p

*is excited as fuck*

i'm 14, but tall, and i'll definitley be in the pit. there's no other way to experience a band except in the mosh.

and if you can;t see then you can jump on some nice stranger's shoulders, or bring a strong friend with you.

Guest Bennett
Whats the seating like?. I have never been to rod lava so I am not sure if I should go mosh or seating.

go in the mosh !!!!!!!

you'll regret it so much if you dont !!

..if they do 2 shows then have one seated and one in the GA..

do we think that they will sell out the single melbourne show?

i've gathered a group of about 20 who are coming with me ahahah

do the same !!

we want them to announce a 2nd gig because itll be like 30 muse-years until they come here again !!!!!

Right, need opinions/advice here.

I'm unsure as to whether I should try for GA. I'm pretty small, and 15, and yeah. Will I die? Haha.

I dunno, I just don't wanna get shit seats! Haha. So yes, advice? :$:p

*is excited as fuck*

my thinking on moshing for little girls (i'm not that little, but certainly smaller than all the big boofy blokes that get down there) is get there early so you can get on the barrier so you've got air and something to lean on or prepare to fight. we were only 2 rows back at festival hall, and it was quite hectic. Sometimes it's fun to leave a gig feeling as thought your lucky to have escaped with your life, other times it's nice to stand a little further back where everyone's still into it, but you can breathe, and people won't be as pissed if you get on someone's shoulders.

*is similarly excited*

gah exo !?

why exo..when you can have..

CITIZEN ERASED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i realllllllly wanna hear it again !!

Umm for that exact reason duh. I haven't heard it...which is exactly the reason I want to hear it..Citizen is somewhat of a hit song, it will be played again. However, Exo-politics is not...therefore future album tours..you won't be hearing it live.

Go GA at Rod Laver, the pit will be massive and you won't regret it. I lined up for hours in the mud and rain at Roskilde to get into the pit and it was fuckin awesome. You will be talking about it for weeks. Can't wait for the gig, we have about 10 people lined up from our little town to go, may go to Adelaide or Sydney as well.

i'm 14, but tall, and i'll definitley be in the pit. there's no other way to experience a band except in the mosh.

and if you can;t see then you can jump on some nice stranger's shoulders, or bring a strong friend with you.

Haha, awesome.

Damn my shortness!!

But thanks.

my thinking on moshing for little girls (i'm not that little, but certainly smaller than all the big boofy blokes that get down there) is get there early so you can get on the barrier so you've got air and something to lean on or prepare to fight. we were only 2 rows back at festival hall, and it was quite hectic. Sometimes it's fun to leave a gig feeling as thought your lucky to have escaped with your life, other times it's nice to stand a little further back where everyone's still into it, but you can breathe, and people won't be as pissed if you get on someone's shoulders.

*is similarly excited*

Yeah, if I were to go in the pit I'd take the day off school and line up super early to get to the front, but then what if I don't get on the barrier? I'll be screwed. And I don't wanna not be able to see anything, I'd probably cry :LOL:. But yeah, my parents aren't too keen on me going in the pit, and my older brothers are advising me not to. I was gonna try and find out about pre-sale and shit, so I can get the seats on the first tear right infront of the stage. That way, you see the whole show as well. I guess I'd rather not take the risk.

Ok so I'll stop now. :p

Thanks for your help! I'll have a think.

I know I posted this in the Aus tour thread, but I'll post it here too.

Please don't yell at me, I'm just passing on what I know from past experiences at Rod Laver.

The bad news is....

There will almost definately be seating on the ground at Rod Laver. There was for Pearl Jam last year, and I'm pretty sure they do it for all gigs that are held there. :mad:

Which means no-one will die. People will still get up and mosh as much as they can, but it won't be a thousands of people crush.

*grumbles*

*stupidrodlaverarenapeoplewiththeirstupidrules*

Guest Bennett
I know I posted this in the Aus tour thread, but I'll post it here too.

Please don't yell at me, I'm just passing on what I know from past experiences at Rod Laver.

The bad news is....

There will almost definately be seating on the ground at Rod Laver. There was for Pearl Jam last year, and I'm pretty sure they do it for all gigs that are held there. :mad:

Which means no-one will die. People will still get up and mosh as much as they can, but it won't be a thousands of people crush.

*grumbles*

*stupidrodlaverarenapeoplewiththeirstupidrules*

i'm gonna make some phone calls when i get home :|

i. cannot. believe. that.

linkin park have 2 moshes at rod laver !!!!!

HOLY FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooh, I imagined the set up of Rod Laver, much the same as how they set up the Telstra Dome.There was no seating on the floor, just people standing up next to the stage and further towards the back there were people sitting down on the floor/grass.

I guess when it comes down to it, it depends on if Muse get the final say of how they want the Stadium set up (IE Mosh on the ground, and/or seating), OR if Rod Laver have a special way they always set up for concerts, and they are not willing to compromise on it.

Im from Scotland, just arrived for a year on exchange.

Really excited about Muse comin to melbourne.

However, i have heard from some folk that the RL arena is utter shit for live music. Seen Muse Twice before at Meadowbank stadium and SECC in glasgow, both of which were ace shows. SECC is basically a big warehouse which was okay cause muse have a massive sound. Hopefull RL is as good!

Agree with comments above, was so gutted that they didnt play Citizen erased at both gigs so they better play it in melbourne!

Anyone have any idea how many tickets there will be for standing??

Guest Bennett
Im from Scotland, just arrived for a year on exchange.

Really excited about Muse comin to melbourne.

However, i have heard from some folk that the RL arena is utter shit for live music. Seen Muse Twice before at Meadowbank stadium and SECC in glasgow, both of which were ace shows. SECC is basically a big warehouse which was okay cause muse have a massive sound. Hopefull RL is as good!

Agree with comments above, was so gutted that they didnt play Citizen erased at both gigs so they better play it in melbourne!

Anyone have any idea how many tickets there will be for standing??

haha RL arena is probably the best music venue in melbourne. It's excellent. Great acoustics, and obviously it's also physically awesome :)

Guest Bennett
Any word on supports?

I've heard Kaiser Chiefs and The Killers being thrown around. Which would be sheer chaos.

the killers are in the area at the time..i reckon itll be them..

the killers are in the area at the time..i reckon itll be them..

Aren't the Killers playing at the same venue a few days before? I'll check.... ... yep. Killers at Rod Laver on the 13th.

In typical muse fashion they'll pick some random local band. Let's just hope they aren't as bad as the support at Festival Hall!

/\ Lol, the support at Festival Hall

"We don't have the same set lists, I don't think you would have guessed that if we hadn't told you"

I don't remember the bands name cos the singer slurred it so bad.

Anyways, I can go to Muse!!!!

My parents are gonna pay, as a birthday present :D

They better play Assasin, didn't see that at Festival Hall, and I sure hope Take a Bow isn't last, it makes no sense to me how you would end a set with that song.

In typical muse fashion they'll pick some random local band. Let's just hope they aren't as bad as the support at Festival Hall!

LOL... don't get me started on them.. "Muse and Special Guests"... yes they were 'special', but NOT in the good way... :LOL:

@ winno: they were called 'Ground Component' I'm pretty sure, also it seems we are getting the same birthday present ^____^

Archived