songs you will not have heard of b4!!!!

a-loonatic

hmmmm, i getting more and more sceptical about this tape acctually. Im starting to doubt that there actually is one

Wellm the evidence is the sample he's released, so it's a matter of waiting. It'd be nice to have an update though, if anyone happens to be reading this thread ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
It seems odd he would go so far, just for a laugh, and there was the sample.

Its not really very funny if it was a joke. And he didn't get any money out of it, so what kinda crappy "fraud" is this?

The weird thing about the sample is that it was supposedly from a gig in 1997. But Matt says "this one's on our CD" or something at the beginning.

So basically, either Muse released a CD in '97 which magically, no one has ever heard of, or, someone is telling lies.

The weird thing about the sample is that it was supposedly from a gig in 1997. But Matt says "this one's on our CD" or something at the beginning.

So basically, either Muse released a CD in '97 which magically, no one has ever heard of, or, someone is telling lies.

This was discussed on muselive, a lot of people reckon that Muse released their own demo CD which the guys possibly burned themselves with their music on and handed them out for free at these gigs. Which may explain why no one has heard of it.. I doubt they were officially signed to Maverick/had a record deal at that stage so it was their only method of distributing songs :erm:

Another example of why this forum has gone to shit..... :rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with muse.mu.. I still prefer it to muselive in terms of discussions etc.. this sort of thing most likely happens on all band forums, you'll get people proclaiming to have ultra-rare never released material/demos etc by the band but have nothing to really show for it.. just the way it is.

nevertheless, I'd still like to know if this 10-track tape that a-loonatic claims to have is authentic or not.. a pic or something would have been nice, no copyright involved with that surely! :rolleyes:

This was discussed on muselive, a lot of people reckon that Muse released their own demo CD which the guys possibly burned themselves with their music on and handed them out for free at these gigs. Which may explain why no one has heard of it.. I doubt they were officially signed to Maverick/had a record deal at that stage so it was their only method of distributing songs

I know hehe, I'm SpaceDemented there. But that seems very unlikely. If Muse did make such a CD at least one copy would be known. But there's no record of any pre-EP CD existing anywhere on any discography of any age. It's never surfaced on eBay or any other site. No one owns one, the band have NEVER mentioned it, even when when it seems likely they would. And such a CD would be made in at least a few tens if Muse were gonna sell them/give the away at gig, so one would have surfaced over the past decade. The only reason no one new about the demo tape or the Sunburn/Overdue demo was because so few were made. The demo tape may be unique and as far as I know, and only one, possibly two people are known to own the Sunburn/Overdue demo (which was a industry made CD-R, so probably made in a very small batch).

The simpler explanation than a CD which has magically been vanished from all record and memory is that this was a fraud like many before it. What we need now is someone to identify which bootleg the clip indeed came from.

I know hehe' date=' I'm SpaceDemented there. But that seems [b']very[/b] unlikely. If Muse did make such a CD at least one copy would be known. But there's no record of any pre-EP CD existing anywhere on any discography of any age. It's never surfaced on eBay or any other site. No one owns one, the band have NEVER mentioned it, even when when it seems likely they would. And such a CD would be made in at least a few tens if Muse were gonna sell them/give the away at gig, so one would have surfaced over the past decade. The only reason no one new about the demo tape or the Sunburn/Overdue demo was because so few were made. The demo tape may be unique and as far as I know, and only one, possibly two people are known to own the Sunburn/Overdue demo (which was a industry made CD-R, so probably made in a very small batch).

The simpler explanation than a CD which has magically been vanished from all record and memory is that this was a fraud like many before it. What we need now is someone to identify which bootleg the clip indeed came from.

fair point.. I guess any demo they personally recorded would have been mentioned at some point in time and most likely sold for tons like the demo tape was.. :erm: and it doesn't make much sense for Matt to mention that Overdue is on a CD in 97 when their only official release as 'Muse' to that date was This Is A Muse Demo from 95 right? Were they even signed to Maverick in 97? Chances are the clip is actually from 98 and Matt was talking about the Muse EP.. unless promo versions of the EP were released earlier than 98?.. but then fans wouldn't be able to get copies of promos! ahh soz dumb questions lol! :confused:

Archived