songs you will not have heard of b4!!!!

a-loonatic

They were awesome back then but not in the same way they are now, a different kind of awesomeness which describes fresh new bands. :D Actually sorry it was 1997, not 1998.

I went through it last night and the set list is below. However, 5 of the songs aren't the final versions of the B side releases etc. e.g. There's 2 songs containing Spiral Static lyrics and 2 songs containing Hate This and I'll Love you Lyrics. Final song very similar to a demo Plug in Baby without the famous riff!

1. Sober

2. Host

3. Cave

4. Muscle Museum

5. Escape

6. Unknown - contains some Spiral Static lyrics

7. Agitated

8. Instant Messenger

9. Fillip

10. Natural Disaster

11. Overdue

12. Unknown - Contains some Hate this and I'll love you lyrics

13.Do we need this?

14. Unknown - contains some Spiral Static lyrics

15. Unknown - Contains some Hate this and I'll love you lyrics

16. Showbiz

17.Unknown - contains some Plug in Baby lyrics and verse is similar to PIB chorus.

wanna upload that badboy???

lol.. stupid question really init!

Do u know the tracklisting on the Tape??

They were awesome back then but not in the same way they are now, a different kind of awesomeness which describes fresh new bands. :D Actually sorry it was 1997, not 1998.

I went through it last night and the set list is below. However, 5 of the songs aren't the final versions of the B side releases etc. e.g. There's 2 songs containing Spiral Static lyrics and 2 songs containing Hate This and I'll Love you Lyrics. Final song very similar to a demo Plug in Baby without the famous riff!

1. Sober

2. Host

3. Cave

4. Muscle Museum

5. Escape

7. Agitated

8. Instant Messenger

9. Fillip

10. Natural Disaster

11. Overdue

13.Do we need this?

16. Showbiz

17.Unknown - contains some Plug in Baby lyrics and verse is similar to PIB chorus.

That sounds amazing, shame it isn't easier to share it. Sounds about right, Muse used lyrics for the Sunburn demo in an early version of Recess roo, and then scrapped them completely. Lyrics are easily transferable after all. Seems a bit weird that they had so many Showbiz songs complete...and an OoS song in the works, before they had even begun work on the EPs.

1. Sober

2. Host

3. Cave

4. Muscle Museum

5. Escape

7. Agitated

8. Instant Messenger

9. Fillip

10. Natural Disaster

11. Overdue

13.Do we need this?

16. Showbiz

Natural Disaster - would that be an early Nature_1, by any chance?

Atually Stoner, is there any chance you would be able to upload anything, because I'm so intruiged now to hear those old songs that didn't make it? This is probably the earliest bootleg that anyone's ever heard of for Muse, it's really tantalising, and anything you could contribute I'm sure would be hugely appreciated...and such a welcome break from the unvaried gigs they play today. don't want to sound like I'm begging, but it's really fascinating.

Atually Stoner' date=' is there any chance you would be able to upload anything, because I'm so intruiged now to hear those old songs that didn't make it? This is probably the earliest bootleg that anyone's ever heard of for Muse, it's really tantalising, and anything you could contribute I'm sure would be hugely appreciated...and such a welcome break from the unvaried gigs they play today. [b']don't want to sound like I'm begging, but it's really fascinating[/b].

Yes, I'm fascinated as well. I want to hear them in their developing stage and be so intrigued that I forget that Muse never have stepped on the country of mine

But how do you transfer tapes to an mp3 file by your self by the way?

Could the unknown songs be the final[if final] versions of those tracks in the "This is a Muse Demo" tape?

Just need some recording software and plug tape player into laptop, pretty easy. Then some MP3 editing software to improve sound quality and split the one MP3 track into separate tracks.

These songs won't be the ones on that rare demo tape sold a while back on Muse. There's more material than you think which didn't get on to albums for whatever reasons.

Just need some recording software and plug tape player into laptop, pretty easy. Then some MP3 editing software to improve sound quality and split the one MP3 track into separate tracks.

These songs won't be the ones on that rare demo tape sold a while back on Muse. There's more material than you think which didn't get on to albums for whatever reasons.

Awesome, thanks a lot for doing this, I for one really appreciate it. Looking forward to hearing this.

Perhaps they have other things to do in their lives...

A-loonatic is probably waiting to hear back from Muse... Which will probably never actually happen.

Stoner may still be trying to find the right software to covert the tape recordings in mp3s.

Perhaps they have other things to do in their lives...

A-loonatic is probably waiting to hear back from Muse... Which will probably never actually happen.

Stoner may still be trying to find the right software to covert the tape recordings in mp3s.

true true...but, if your gonna come on hear announcing to the world they have muse tracks no1s ever heard, your gonna expect some response or them to deliver the goods.

Um, people keep talking about how this rare old gig in Plymouth's been uploaded - to Muselive, I presume? Anyway I can't find it so could anyone give me the link?

Also, I hate how arseholes like to tease pwopa fans that they have rare old material and then mess us about. You either have it, or you don't.

Remember that short video of early Muse at the Budstock Festival on MySpace? http://www.myspace.com/budstock

Does anyone have the whole song or setlist of that gig in MP3, per chance? I know it's like looking for "glass needles in the hay" (lol) but may aswell try and jog people's memories. God how I'd love to get rare old stuff, like This Is A Muse Demo... *drools* :LOL:

Maybe you can find old Muse stuff at local radio stations with programs for supporting starting, young bands. Those "send us a demo and we'll play it" kind. Or maybe at Maverick, collecting dust and never saw the light of day since 1998 :LOL:

How did they even get a contract with Maverick?

Maybe you can find old Muse stuff at local radio stations with programs for supporting starting, young bands. Those "send us a demo and we'll play it" kind. Or maybe at Maverick, collecting dust and never saw the light of day since 1998 :LOL:

How did they even get a contract with Maverick?

Im sure the radio station which had the plymouth gig aired keep a record of stuff they play. Maybe we could give em an email or somin and ask for it??

Archived