+9348309583405934859345

holy shit, and you went to soma too

hey sorry for the super late reply.

the soma show turned me into the huge muse fan i am today. what an incredible show that was - the setlist is just bonkers.

i've thought to myself so many times "jeez i would love for muse to just play a 10 minute drop d jam at a show, but ah well that probably wont ever happen"

haha! sometimes fate just lines things up i guess

Don't ruin our moment :p

I'm just jealous :(

:( I didn't mean to rub it in....

hey sorry for the super late reply.

the soma show turned me into the huge muse fan i am today. what an incredible show that was - the setlist is just bonkers.

i've thought to myself so many times "jeez i would love for muse to just play a 10 minute drop d jam at a show, but ah well that probably wont ever happen"

haha! sometimes fate just lines things up i guess

I think it was one of the last few small shows in the states. Shame I missed it but the forum more than made up for it!

:( I didn't mean to rub it in....

I think it was one of the last few small shows in the states. Shame I missed it but the forum more than made up for it!

yeah it definitely was one of the last small ones

less than a year later they played the forum in LA (sold out) which was setup for maybe 12K for them?

yeah it definitely was one of the last small ones

less than a year later they played the forum in LA (sold out) which was setup for maybe 12K for them?

It was definitely over 8 thousand people. The Forum had one of the best setlists in the States. They did some special stuff in the Wiltern in 04 as well. As we've come to learn Muse just loves LA :)

I really don't see them playing Staples next tour. They could go bigger and maybe do a show in the Hollywood bowl but I just can't see it. Gibson Ampitheater perhaps? It'd be great if they did Wiltern again :)

It was definitely over 8 thousand people. The Forum had one of the best setlists in the States. They did some special stuff in the Wiltern in 04 as well. As we've come to learn Muse just loves LA :)

I really don't see them playing Staples next tour. They could go bigger and maybe do a show in the Hollywood bowl but I just can't see it. Gibson Ampitheater perhaps? It'd be great if they did Wiltern again :)

Staples night 1 was about 25,000 people, night 2 slightly less because they didn't go 360

hollywood bowl is 17,000

gibson is 6300 i believe

Wiltern will probably never happen unless they want to do an underplay to go along with a stadium show. in that event i see it at the gibson or nokia theater more than the wiltern. although they might do it purely out of nostalgia and old memories

if the next muse album is huge, i don't think a dodger stadium or rosebowl gig would be out of the question

they played to 50K people in LA over 2 days, and they're only gonna get bigger so 80K people at the rosebowl in 2-3 years is probably doable.

i wouldn't be surprised.

Staples night 1 was about 25,000 people, night 2 slightly less because they didn't go 360

hollywood bowl is 17,000

gibson is 6300 i believe

Wiltern will probably never happen unless they want to do an underplay to go along with a stadium show. in that event i see it at the gibson or nokia theater more than the wiltern. although they might do it purely out of nostalgia and old memories

if the next muse album is huge, i don't think a dodger stadium or rosebowl gig would be out of the question

they played to 50K people in LA over 2 days, and they're only gonna get bigger so 80K people at the rosebowl in 2-3 years is probably doable.

i wouldn't be surprised.

If Matt keeps to his word then Wiltern would (could) be a possibility. Him mentioning him going to smaller more intimate gigs may promote this. However, you're right, incredibly small so it'd be more appropriate to do Nokia or Gibson.

Well the Hollywood Bowl has more of conceert appeal and it is a venue they haven't played, although is smaller capacity wise than Staples it's a better known venue for big-name acts.

I cannot see them doing stadium gigs. I'd be great but can u really picture them doing something like the past euro-tour with 3-4 openers. Not that they couldn't but It'd be a loss of the traditional muse gigs in the States. Also I much prefer 4 socal gigs than 1 big stadium show.

cannot see them doing stadium gigs. I'd be great but can u really picture them doing something like the past euro-tour with 3-4 openers. Not that they couldn't but It'd be a loss of the traditional muse gigs in the States. Also I much prefer 4 socal gigs than 1 big stadium show.

+1

i would much rather see them do the exact same thing they just did instead of a huge stadium too. that way i can see multiple gigs

only time will tell - i think 2 nights at hollywood bowl would be nuts - especially if they get a little philharmonic help

i'll take my Muse however its been served - that's the bottom line for almost everyone i think

• 4 weeks later...

When I went to that show, I knew it'd be a topic of discussion for Muse fans online. It was unusually phenomenal. Their shows are great, but this was the best night of my life.

I went online looking for the flac audio files for the concert so I could edit together a little video of the RIFFGASM..As I was putting the stuff together, I decided to just do the entire concert. Now, there's a 1 hour, 54 minute show on my computer. I used all the videos from different youtubers, and intend on giving them all credit.

The DVD is almost complete. I'm just putting in an Easter Egg or two, some interviews, pictures, and a video from the opening act, Passion Pit. Basically, I'm making the DVD how I had wished HAARP and Hullabaloo were like.

There aren't as many angle changes, but it's still pretty decent. Besides, I think Muse fans prefer longer shots opposed to quick cuts in the concert videos. I hope the band doesn't mind that I'm making a bootleg DVD, because I'm most likely going to make many copies.

When I went to that show, I knew it'd be a topic of discussion for Muse fans online. It was unusually phenomenal. Their shows are great, but this was the best night of my life.

I went online looking for the flac audio files for the concert so I could edit together a little video of the RIFFGASM..As I was putting the stuff together, I decided to just do the entire concert. Now, there's a 1 hour, 54 minute show on my computer. I used all the videos from different youtubers, and intend on giving them all credit.

The DVD is almost complete. I'm just putting in an Easter Egg or two, some interviews, pictures, and a video from the opening act, Passion Pit. Basically, I'm making the DVD how I had wished HAARP and Hullabaloo were like.

There aren't as many angle changes, but it's still pretty decent. Besides, I think Muse fans prefer longer shots opposed to quick cuts in the concert videos. I hope the band doesn't mind that I'm making a bootleg DVD, because I'm most likely going to make many copies.

You...are an incredible genius! I would be forever grateful if you did this! :D When do you plan on having it done?

Btw, thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!! This will definitely bring back great memories.

Sweet! Are you going to have it available for download?

• 2 years later...
Anywhere or anyone got the list of the riffs played after SS?

From musewiki:

Stockholm Syndrome + School riff + riff* + Execution Commentary riff + Township Rebellion riff + Agitated intro riff + Agitated outro riff + War Within a Breath riff + Negative Creep riff + Dead Star riff + Endless Nameless riff

*I think this one is the 0305030 riff, the original one they've been playing here and there since the early days

Archived