I wouldn't know. Have barely seen her acting. But neither had the other person, which was my point :)

Yeah I've only seen 3 of her films so I can hardly claim I know her entire work but it seems she always plays that same old role.

Edit :LOL: Woah deffinatly thought that was Kate Hudson haha. Is it kristen stewart? :LOL: though I probs still stand by my point of not being a good actress and playing the sane role! Probaly say she was better than Kate though

Yeah I've only seen 3 of her films so I can hardly claim I know her entire work but it seems she always plays that same old role.

Edit :LOL: Woah deffinatly thought that was Kate Hudson haha. Is it kristen stewart? :LOL: though I probs still stand by my point of not being a good actress and playing the sane role! Probaly say she was better than Kate though

It's Stewart, yes :LOL:

I would just like responsible, tasteful synth use. Muse used to be really good at that (Endlessly or even Stockholm Syndrome for example). I think around BHaR Matt was talking about how for the first time they bought their own synths and started playing with them and I think that's been a bad road (I'm looking at you irritating and unnecessary synth sound in MK Ultra).

I would just like responsible, tasteful synth use. Muse used to be really good at that (Endlessly or even Stockholm Syndrome for example). I think around BHaR Matt was talking about how for the first time they bought their own synths and started playing with them and I think that's been a bad road (I'm looking at you irritating and unnecessary synth sound in MK Ultra).

MoTP, TaB, KoC, Uprising and Resistance disagrees :phu:

MoTP, TaB, KoC, Uprising and Resistance disagrees :phu:

Haha I'm not saying that all post-BHaR synth work is worthless or anything. I just meant that, especially on The Resistance, it feels like they put synths in for the sake of putting them in. I would actually disagree with you about Uprising, I'm not really a fan of the synth melody. As for MoTP and TaB I think those are perfect examples of using synths in a way that helps the song but isn't unnecessary. I kind of wish they'd kept the ambient feel to Resistance, rather than making it sound like The Killers and then putting the intro/outro sections...it's not really cohesive.

Haha I'm not saying that all post-BHaR synth work is worthless or anything. I just meant that, especially on The Resistance, it feels like they put synths in for the sake of putting them in.

They put a lot of things in the Resistance for the sake of putting it in. I mentioned in another thread the organ intro of US. Cool, but doesn't really have a purpose.

So it's more of a wider issue than synths. I hope they keep to that BH&R style. Some of my favorite songs came from that experimentation.

They put a lot of things in the Resistance for the sake of putting it in. I mentioned in another thread the organ intro of US. Cool, but doesn't really have a purpose.

So it's more of a wider issue than synths. I hope they keep to that BH&R style. Some of my favorite songs came from that experimentation.

Good point. The subject was synths so that's why I was harping on that but I agree there were a lot of unnecessary details. Nice to hear that someone else feels that way about the US intro. I liked that they were using organ again but it didn't really have a point to it.

• 2 months later...
muse are perfect

:LOL:

/on topic

I'd quite like to see an album cover that stands out. One like Origin or the Feeling Good / Hyper Music cover, something with bright, striking colours. I've found the recent album/single covers a bit bland to be honest.

Archived