1. 1. Best Album

• Showbiz
    • OoS
    • Absolution
    • BHaR
    • The Resistance
    • The 2nd Law
    • Drones

I know I said it was worst earlier in the thread. But my opinion of Absolution is always changing... I see it as a more pop-like Origin of Symmetry. Easier listening for the mainstream market. It's definately got nothing on OoS, or BH&R. But it could tie with Showbiz on a good day.

I'd say, if I had to rank them.....

Absolution

Black Holes and Revelations

Showbiz

Hullabaloo

Origin of Symmetry

Maybe if I could get all the way through Origin of Symmetry I'd like it better, but I have a tendency to wonder off to do something else after Citizen Erased finishes...

I'd say, if I had to rank them.....

Absolution

Black Holes and Revelations

Showbiz

Hullabaloo

Origin of Symmetry

Maybe if I could get all the way through Origin of Symmetry I'd like it better, but I have a tendency to wonder off to do something else after Citizen Erased finishes...

you skip Micro Cuts? :mad:

you skip micro cuts? :mad:

It's not that I skip it intentionally. It's more like the album gives me ADD or something.

The first time I tried to listen to it, I was also trying to read a book for school, so I ended up just going back and playing New Born over and over because I would start to tune the CD out and forget which song I was on.

Then the next time I tried listening to it was in a portable CD player in the car (the van only has a tape deck), and the batteries died right after Citizen Erased.

And Citizen Erased is so long that I start to do the whole tuning the album out thing by the time it's finished.

I just need to really sit down and listen to the album, I guess.

I have heard the live version of Micro Cuts on the Hullabaloo Soundtrack, though.

It's not that I skip it intentionally. It's more like the album gives me ADD or something.

The first time I tried to listen to it, I was also trying to read a book for school, so I ended up just going back and playing New Born over and over because I would start to tune the CD out and forget which song I was on.

Then the next time I tried listening to it was in a portable CD player in the car (the van only has a tape deck), and the batteries died right after Citizen Erased.

And Citizen Erased is so long that I start to do the whole tuning the album out thing by the time it's finished.

I just need to really sit down and listen to the album, I guess.

I have heard the live version of Micro Cuts on the Hullabaloo Soundtrack, though.

New Born is probably the best song on that album, but I love the first 7 songs a lot. And the last 4 are still some of their best work

i always start my muse playlists with sunburn. it was a shock. muse scored big. great album to start, it's bad luck is that they kept releasing :p i'll put it above hullaballo, wich was a sloppy thing to do..can't tell what they were thinking with this album. they were probably too busy touring oos. origin of symetry... wow... it has an incredible serie of songs, i have never seen this on any band so far. i was sure there will never be an album like that. as an album, i put it in first place, for it's consistency. absolution has the best two songs released by muse, in my opinion. i will only name stockholm syndrome and thoughts of a dying atheist. and tsp and hysteria can also compete for third place. speaking of third place, i give it to BHR. and i'll talk some more about it cause musers often do (it's very controversed i think). i listen to it rarely because it gives me the feeling that it's not as good as i expected. but actually when i start listening the songs i can only love them. i never listened hoodoo, i have to admit it. that's a first for muse songs. so for me it's like it's not even muse's song. but i love motp, starlight, smbh, the solo on koc is awesome, and i also like invincible (there, i said it)i put it over showbiz because it has better singles.i believe that's a good reason. what else is there? i can hardly wait map of the problematique. since the release of BHR, that is. hope the're just being perfectionists.

Archived