• OoS
    • Absolution
    • BHaR
    • The Resistance
    • The 2nd Law
    • Drones

Toughie...

Origin of Symmetry it would have to be.

Then it would be BHAR, then Showbiz, though those two are very close.

Absolution comes in last. (Yet again, prepares shirukens and leggings for ninjaing the rampant absolution fans which may come running through the door).

Showbiz is way underrated. It's a masterpiece for me. It will be for many of you also - many years from now. That time will come ...

Uh, the albums 8 years old now. I think the "significance" of it has had time to sink in. It's Muses weakest album, no doubt. It's basically their first two EP's just thrown together with a couple of extra songs. It has a handful of great songs that they could still play live now and it would be awesome, but the rest is just so average.

Origin is one of those albums that critics will probably look back to and say its a masterpeice in ten or twenty years time. Maybe not though.

Regardless, Showbiz is Muse's weakest.

:LOL:

Uuuumm.....STINKIESTFACE!!!

I think this could either go on for a while.....or we could quite while we are ahead :LOL:

Oh you want to quit....

QUITTERFACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

1. Absolution - Every song is superb

2. Black Holes and Revalations - Great but Absolution just pips it.

3. Showbiz - Amazing Debut showed how much potential they had.

4. Origin Of Symmetry - Great album but a couple of songs let it down.

5. Hullabaloo - Not really a proper album, and they missed off some of the best performances on the live CD.

1. Absolution, there's nothing I dislike about this album

2. OOS, could have been first except for Megalomania

3. Black Holes, brilliant except for Invinicble and Assassin :$

4. Showbiz, though i'm liking it more and more as I listen

5. Hullabaloo, i've not listened to it much, I love the live disc though

Oh this is so easy.

1. Origin of Symmetry. I mean come on, its great from start to finish (minus Screenager). Seriously look at the track list.

2. Black Holes & Revelations. All good, cept Invincible and Exo-Politics are overrated (I'm gonna get murdered for saying that) and the Grand Omega Boss edit belongs in their instead of plain ol' Assassin.

3. Absolution. Again all good, I don't think I skip a single track on this album, but not a lot of it is great.

4. Showbiz. To me, sounds the least like prog rock and too much like alternative. Still love it though; Sunbird, Uno, Muscle Museum.

I dunno where to put Hullabaloo. Oh well.

And only n00bs don't pick OoS as the best.

Uh, the albums 8 years old now. I think the "significance" of it has had time to sink in. It's Muses weakest album, no doubt. It's basically their first two EP's just thrown together with a couple of extra songs. It has a handful of great songs that they could still play live now and it would be awesome, but the rest is just so average.

Origin is one of those albums that critics will probably look back to and say its a masterpeice in ten or twenty years time. Maybe not though.

Regardless, Showbiz is Muse's weakest.

Agreed.

Origin of Symmetry. For me, this was the album that restored my faith in Muse. I don't think anything by Muse was played much in Australia until TIRO, which is the song that hooked me. T

hen came Hysteria and I loved it too. I immediately bought the album and initially loved it but grew sick of it very quickly. After a few months I listened to it again and wondered if their earlier albums would have been any better. I bought Showbiz and OoS and listened to them both.

At first I flicked through the songs on Showbiz, not really paying too much attention and not particularly too impressed by it - then I did the same with OoS and was more impressed.

The more I listened to it, the more I loved it and to this day, it is my favourite album by Muse, ranked ahead of Showbiz, Hullabaloo and Absolution while Black Holes and Revelations is last (yet still very good)

Archived