1. 1. Best Album

• Showbiz
    • OoS
    • Absolution
    • BHaR
    • The Resistance
    • The 2nd Law
    • Drones

And technically, people who have already voted can't vote anymore even when you add another option.. So basically there was no point in adding Drones on this (as only NEW voters will have the ability of choosing Drones) and gives another motive to making a new poll.. Technically.

Precisely.

And technically, people who have already voted can't vote anymore even when you add another option.. So basically there was no point in adding Drones on this (as only NEW voters will have the ability of choosing Drones) and gives another motive to making a new poll.. Technically.

Oh, just read this. So can L. Close THIS thread and reopen the other then?! :D

Lately I have fallen in love with The Resistance again. An amazing album, currently at my nr. 3 position. Heavily underrated.

I absolutely love some of the Resistance but I'd say it has too many tracks which let it down.

I'd go for:

OoS

Absolution

BH&R

Drones

The Resistance

Showbiz

The 2nd Law

After a few weeks since release, I'm still really enjoying Drones - more so than expected. Would probably go:

OOS

Absolution

Drones

BH&R

*big gap*

Resistance

Showbiz

T2L

Not that I dislike the bottom 3, but the top 4 are amongst my favourite albums of all time (with the top 2 being my overall top 2). The middle part of Resistance is weak, whereas Showbiz & T2L are too inconsistent.

Apart from Exogenesis, I still do not care for TR much at all. Uprising, US etc sound great live, but as an album, it just feels a bit limp. Partly due to the production I think.

The 2nd Law on the other hand I'm still liking, even Madness.

It was hard to pick what's worse, T2L or Drones. Both have only about 6 good songs imo.

Absolution

Origin of Symmetry

Black Holes and Revelations

The Resistance

Showbiz

Drones

T2L

Well Drones has 10 songs and The 2nd Law has 12 songs.

6/10 is better than 6/12

Solved your problem :p

If I could revote, I would now pick OOS as my favourite album. My ranking has changed:

1. Origin of Symmetry (⬆1)

2. Drones

3. Absolution (⬇2)

4. Black Holes and Revelations (⬇1)

5. The Resistance (⬆1)

6. Showbiz (⬇2)

7. The 2nd Law (⬇2)

I've reevaluated over the years and find that I appreciate "Citizen Erased" and "Megalomania" more than "Stockholm Syndrome" and "Hysteria". And Drones wins with the "Reapers" > "The Handler" > "The Defector" > "Revolt" > "Aftermath" lineup. And although I've somewhat grown fond of "Big Freeze" and "Explorers" (and I still love "Madness"), I guess the greatness of the "Exogenesis" epic, "United States of Eurasia", "Showbiz" and "Muscle Museum" tips the competition.

Another Resistance lover! Yay!

*High Five* :D

Certainly one of the most underrated albums of all time, of course.

As for all the caps stuff, I've really gotten into the habit of capitalizing DRONES every time I use it because of it's monosyllabic intimidating somethingsomethingsomething nature (in my head anyways ;) ). If it annoys to a significant effect, I guess I'm sorry, but I'm probably not going to stop unless it becomes a big deal, so just ignore it if it displeases you please. :)

*High Five* :D

Certainly one of the most underrated albums of all time, of course.

Yeah, I know right? There's not enough positive things I can say about it. I remember the first time I hear USoE I was like :0

I couldn't believe how cool that midsection was

And the GL vocal delivery has always hit me as stunning. One of the more emotional parts of the album. Exogenesis is one of the greatest things I've ever heard to this day.

Yeah, I know right? There's not enough positive things I can say about it. I remember the first time I hear USoE I was like :0

I couldn't believe how cool that midsection was

And the GL vocal delivery has always hit me as stunning. One of the more emotional parts of the album. Exogenesis is one of the greatest things I've ever heard to this day.

For me the drumming in GL was always the highlight of the song, especially after the big jet plane sound effect buildup from the end of USoE. The drum sound is just so big, fits perfectly with the anthemic synth blasting that follows. And of course USoE has always been my favorite from the album, but it figures since Queen is my favorite band :D .

Exo actually took a while to grow on me (I used to refer to it as the worst thing on the album, :eek: ikr?), but it started gaining my respect after I watched the music video to Redemption (that video consistently brings me close to tears, and I don't even have a personal connection to it, just so effective). Then the rest of the masterpiece started to stick out to me and I realized it's epicness in short time. Now it's my second favorite thing on the album.

For me the drumming in GL was always the highlight of the song, especially after the big jet plane sound effect buildup from the end of USoE. The drum sound is just so big, fits perfectly with the anthemic synth blasting that follows. And of course USoE has always been my favorite from the album, but it figures since Queen is my favorite band :D .

Exo actually took a while to grow on me (I used to refer to it as the worst thing on the album, :eek: ikr?), but it started gaining my respect after I watched the music video to Redemption (that video consistently brings me close to tears, and I don't even have a personal connection to it, just so effective). Then the rest of the masterpiece started to stick out to me and I realized it's epicness in short time. Now it's my second favorite thing on the album.

There's a video for Redemption?!?!?!

Anyway yeah I love all the songs even though I hated Uprising when it was first on the radio (I was like 13 and thought I was supposed to hate everything on the radio)

But the thing that always got me is that Resistance is one of my top Muse songs (I thought it was so beautiful when I first heard it) and I remember thinking that TR must be a fan favorite album. When I first saw someone say "I think I prefer older Muse" I thought it was a minority opinion. It was weird being that wrong lol

For me, it's Black Holes and Revelations, with Drones 2nd and Origin 3rd. Even though Absolution has some of their very, very best songs, i think it's a little too padded out with filler, which is what drops it down the list for me. BHaR is just consistently brilliant all the way through, perfectly paced and balanced.

Archived