Which one?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

Unpopular opinion, but I love Thoughts of a Dying Atheist. Beats out nearly half of the album for me.

4 people in agreement about TOADA? I think I can well and truly say we've broken the internet. Well done everyone. I consider it one of my fave songs on Abso (probs 4th if I had to put a number on it)

4 people in agreement about TOADA? I think I can well and truly say we've broken the internet. Well done everyone. I consider it one of my fave songs on Abso (probs 4th if I had to put a number on it)

Me too! Me too! I LOVE ToaDA.

Back on topic:

TSP is pretty meh, Fury is awesome.

Fury is one of my favourite songs, and it's lyrics are up there with Hoodoo. As much as I love TSP, if I had to choose, it would be Fury.

Exactly this.

Whilst I absolutely love the Small Print, I much prefer Fury; it seems to fit in more with the latter half of the album. TSP is too much of a diversion after Butterflies and Hurricanes and somewhat startles the Flow of the album.

With Fury being more brooding I feel that it fits better after, TSP just seems out of place. Plus the chorus of Fury is way too fucking epic.

Fury is one of my favourite songs, and it's lyrics are up there with Hoodoo. As much as I love TSP, if I had to choose, it would be Fury.

:yesey:

ToADA is like The Ramones trying to perform a high-speed harpsichord sonata while surfing on a rainy October day.

You should do reviews professionally... they write this kind of shit all the time.

You should do reviews professionally... they write this kind of shit all the time.

It was simply intended to be a silly joke.

But not so much.

The track, technically (not emotionally or symbolically), really gives me those vibes.

It was simply intended to be a silly joke.

But not so much.

The track, technically (not emotionally or symbolically), really gives me those vibes.

Using obscure similes to describe a piece of media is what reviewers often do, though.

Using obscure similes to describe a piece of media is what reviewers often do, though.

I can understand they use them not very properly and with little cognition of how shoving them in a review, just to make some scene.

Better use them as isolated jokes (although terrible ones) and that's it. :)

TSP for sure! Something about it draws me in every time plus it's one of my favorite songs I think. As much as I absolutely LOVE Fury, I just think TSP fits the album better and picks it up towards the end - even though I love the general doom and gloom of abso, I think if fury had've taken the small print's exact place that 2nd half would've dragged somewhat

Probably the song I would lose it the most to if I ever saw it live; which seems unlikely :(

Also, another toada fan here

Got to be Fury! It fits the album more, TSP just doesn't fit Absolutions heavy and gloomy feel, I love both tracks and think they should have both been in there. Fury seems to have stood the test of time and gets played live, whereas TSP is forgotten in the live setlist, so Fury got the last laugh I guess?

Got to be Fury! It fits the album more, TSP just doesn't fit Absolutions heavy and gloomy feel, I love both tracks and think they should have both been in there. Fury seems to have stood the test of time and gets played live, whereas TSP is forgotten in the live setlist, so Fury got the last laugh I guess?

That a song gets played live more often doesn't necessarily mean that it's better though.

If I recall correctly, during the fan-setlist polls around 2009 (never forget) TSP was on quite a few lists.

But yeah, Fury did get the last laugh.

That a song gets played live more often doesn't necessarily mean that it's better though.

If I recall correctly, during the fan-setlist polls around 2009 (never forget) TSP was on quite a few lists.

But yeah, Fury did get the last laugh.

so was Fury though iirc