The Musе Rеmiх Thrеad

highly evolved

A song sung by another artist is a cover. (ie Elvis - Citizen Erased)

A song used in combination with one or more other songs is called a bootleg. (ie Muse vs White stripes, sometimes with a clever mix of both song titles, ie: 7 Nation Problematique)

most of the above mentioned are bootlegs or covers, not remixes.

(sorry to sound like a git, but it is the truth), remixes can be spotted when the producer puts the remix name in brackets after the track ie: Muse - Showbiz (Joe's techno remix)

oh and all of the above examples are made up, (and in the case of Elvis, impossible.)

Ah. Cheers for the info :)

One thing though, they're not all made up. Unless i've misunderstood what you mean by 'made up'...? :erm: Cos you can find them all on muselive.

A song sung by another artist is a cover. (ie Elvis - Citizen Erased)

A song used in combination with one or more other songs is called a bootleg. (ie Muse vs White stripes, sometimes with a clever mix of both song titles, ie: 7 Nation Problematique)

most of the above mentioned are bootlegs or covers, not remixes.

(sorry to sound like a git, but it is the truth), remixes can be spotted when the producer puts the remix name in brackets after the track ie: Muse - Showbiz (Joe's techno remix)

oh and all of the above examples are made up, (and in the case of Elvis, impossible.)

As far as I know, bootleg isn't "muse vs White Stripes" that's just a mix. Bootleg is an unnofficially recorded live or unreleased studio recording, which is then distributed (illegally). Bootlegs don't have changes in the songs, they're just like the artist played them, but they're just not released via official routes.

I for one think he has turned the track on its axle and given it an anthemic (god can you get anymore anthemic than the original?!) alternative richness. Around 60% of original piece here, for obvious reasons.

Other potentials (typically unfinished in favour of commissioned pieces) are Bliss, Citizen Erased and Glorious,

Anyone like this?

Particularly in Management? Hint Hint .....get back to me if so!

Jason

Knights Of Cydonia master cut studio 100108.mp3

As far as I know, bootleg isn't "muse vs White Stripes" that's just a mix. Bootleg is an unnofficially recorded live or unreleased studio recording, which is then distributed (illegally). Bootlegs don't have changes in the songs, they're just like the artist played them, but they're just not released via official routes.

Kinda. There's a difference between a bootleg remix/mash-up and a regular bootleg. A bootlegged remix is basically taking the track and mucking about with it unofficially - as in you don't have permission to use the master track so you can't easily, say, take out the vocals or something. Same deal with a mash-up, except it involves combining two different tracks, as in Sexymassive or Britney's Black Hole.

Personally, my favourite Muse remix is the Muse/NERD mash-up She Wants a Muse. Sexy as.

I for one think he has turned the track on its axle and given it an anthemic (god can you get anymore anthemic than the original?!) alternative richness. Around 60% of original piece here, for obvious reasons.

Other potentials (typically unfinished in favour of commissioned pieces) are Bliss, Citizen Erased and Glorious,

Anyone like this?

Particularly in Management? Hint Hint .....get back to me if so!

Jason

I like it.

I'd probably buy it on 12" if it were mixed and mastered properly.

The trance-y breakdown at the end is brilliant.

Would be better if you cut up the original track to make the main theme though...

Edit: On second listen, it sounds like you have but it's massively overpowered by the synth bassline... Personal preference I guess but I prefer fucking up micro-samples to adding new parts!

Hello, it's my first post and i want to give you my congratulations for the forum because it's very complet.

My question is about a official remix of starlight who appears on a 2006 12" of starlight, i think it's a second edition of this single in uk, it's very dificult to find because is out of stock, the vinyl is white colour.

Here two fragments of the track:

http://www.juno.co.uk/charts/dj/331218-Ivan/42852-Chart/

(track 5)

http://www.htfr.com/vinyl/artist/?artist=MUSE

MUSESTARLIGHT (REMIX)2006HWS 1

i'm looking for a web to buy the mp3 or where i can download

Thanks a lot!!

• 10 months later...
yB8kBLXRsi0

:eek:

So good.

Yep its good, a friend gave me the song like a week ago and i was surprised how they changed the second half of the song :D.

Actually I'm thinking of singing it with my voice only without computer assist, my friend told me its not possible but I'm sure i can do it so i will do it just to prove him wrong :LOL:

Edited by musefan1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...