The WILL TRAVEL FOR MUSE Club!

gocanux

I think I qualify. Earls Court, Wembley Arena,Wembley Stadium all with the family. But Paris I did on my own, to prove that i could. It was a major step for me in more ways then you could imagine. And it's now given me the confidence to start planning my trip to the U.S. I will be seeing Muse at Seattle, Portland and Red Rocks. How I will be travelling and getting to each venue, well I don't know, but that's part of the challenge. Sometimes in life you just have to go with what you feel is right for you. I'm looking forward to what could be the holiday of a lifetime, meeting up again with friends from the board, seeing things I've never seen before(I can't comprehend what I will feel like looking across a different ocean half a world away).

Yes, I will certainly travel for Muse, because it's more than just that.

Debbie.

Who has money to travel for Muse? It's worse than that, I travel for Muse without money! :D

Yeah... 'Has no money and even less sense-club', I'd say. :LOL:

Ahem *cough* Have credit card, will travel for Muse :D

I got a credit card just because of Wembley. :rolleyes:

So yes, going to the Netherlands and to UK just for Muse, qualifies me for the cub, too, me thinks. :D

Does going over the English Channel qualify??? My whole family (four of us) travelled to Barcelona last year, and Paris this year to see Muse. we combined it with a little holiday too!

Travelling gets a bit hard sometimes, as there are four of us to pay for!!! Not just the tickets, but 4 plane flights, and always 2 hotel rooms!!

If was able to just go on my own, that's a different matter!!! On the one hand it's great the whole family love Muse, but it does get restrictive!!!

I am also quite lucky living near London, so getting to Wembley or Earls Court is never a problem.

I went to Hong Kong from London in March, does that count? Do I get a shiny badge or something if i'm in the club? I also went to Paris last december, then again in June followed by a tour of Belgium ending up at Werchter. It's not really that commited, I just arranged my holidays this year around Muse gigs. I'd go to the US as well, but I've burned all my annual leave up, I spose i could just resign...

To be able to get time off, I have traded many a shift at work and done extra shifts to sweeten the deals; just this last 11 days I worked 4 24-hr shifts, in addition to 4 regular days at work. Maybe we should call it "Will work overtime for Muse"??

How about "Will Work in a Job So Dull It Makes You Want to Scoop Your Own Brain Out with A Spoon For Entertainment So You Can Afford the £800 Plane Ticket For Muse" Club?

Does coming back the the UK from Australia because you have a ticket to Wembley count? :LOL: And then travelling to Belgium, Swizerland & Italy to see them.... I will defintely travel for Muse.

:noey: I don't think that counts Claire - maybe once we roadtrip to every city in Australia for Muse in november they will let us in!

:noey: I don't think that counts Claire - maybe once we roadtrip to every city in Australia for Muse in november they will let us in!

Nah, I don't think that's good enough either. Only if we throw in flying to NZ for the show they might do there, will that count.

Does going over the English Channel qualify??? My whole family (four of us) travelled to Barcelona last year, and Paris this year to see Muse. we combined it with a little holiday too!

Of course---you went to another country, twice! And like so many of us, you wrapped your vacation around the Muse gigs!

I went to Hong Kong from London in March, does that count? Do I get a shiny badge or something if i'm in the club? I also went to Paris last december, then again in June followed by a tour of Belgium ending up at Werchter. It's not really that commited, I just arranged my holidays this year around Muse gigs. I'd go to the US as well, but I've burned all my annual leave up, I spose i could just resign...

Sounds like Travel for Muse to me! It still counts if you turn it into your vacation; makes the travel costs easier to rationalize. Your friends seem to disagree, but I think even those who came from Scotland to Wembley should be in, that's quite a distance.

Maybe you could just call in sick? Very very sick, for a week or so??

Does coming back the the UK from Australia because you have a ticket to Wembley count? :LOL: And then travelling to Belgium, Swizerland & Italy to see them.... I will defintely travel for Muse.

Another member!

How about "Will Work in a Job So Dull It Makes You Want to Scoop Your Own Brain Out with A Spoon For Entertainment So You Can Afford the £800 Plane Ticket For Muse" Club?

Good heavens, what is your job? Sounds abysmal!

If you go to ALL the gigs, we will have to put you on the HelenT Honor Roll!

Good heavens, what is your job? Sounds abysmal!

If you go to ALL the gigs, we will have to put you on the HelenT Honor Roll!

I did nothing but file for five months for muse....ah, the things i do for them....but when the come to aus we are definitely going to every gig they do - although that will probably only be 3 or 4

Not meaning to sound rude or anything but do you people not have jobs? How can you afford to be flying around the world all the time?:$

see post above yours! I will admit I've been lucky with the timing of Muse deciding to tour about the place when I don't have kids or university or a career - but I still saved up all my pennies and didn't do anything exciting and lived with my parents for nearly half a year so i could afford do travel to england.

Yes, I do have a job, otherwise there's no way I could afford it! I have used all of my leave until April next year. Actually I think I have 3 days which I am keeping for emergancies only. I dont go away on 'proper' holidays so all my leave was booked to do something gig related, mostly to see Muse.

Its going to be a long winter...!!

Yes, I do have a job, otherwise there's no way I could afford it! I have used all of my leave until April next year. Actually I think I have 3 days which I am keeping for emergancies only. I dont go away on 'proper' holidays so all my leave was booked to do something gig related, mostly to see Muse.

Its going to be a long winter...!!

Same! I've used all my holidays this year going to see Muse or going to festivals. If definitely worth it though!

i think i qualify. Travelled around uk, ireland, spain, germany, and i'm currently it usa waiting for next weeks concert.

Been lucky with the tours as i always seem to be on leave or have holiday booked in the same place. It would be rude not to see them he i'm already in the city/country :D

Not meaning to sound rude or anything but do you people not have jobs? How can you afford to be flying around the world all the time?:$

:LOL: Between that, and all the confusion about what qualifies one into the club, maybe the acronym WTFM should stand for "What The F**k, Man?!", instead of "Will Travel For Muse"! :LOL:

But, yeah, I have a job. I work for myself, so I can take off whenever I want, and can afford to do so. I have no dependents or partner, or anyone or anything holding me back, so I'm taking advantage of this unique time in my life to do what makes me happy which, at the moment, is going to a lot of Muse gigs! :happy:

I used to travel around a lot to see the Grateful Dead, so this is not entirely unusual for me, though I never flew anywhere to see the Dead. It was more like going on insanely long road trips around the U.S. :rolleyes::D

Certainly when this topic came up, all in jest, no one was trying to be elitist. "Travel" doesn't necessarily mean halfway around the world; it can mean Edinburgh to London,

Well, in that case, my trip from Chelmsford-Nottingham to see Muse the day after I'd seen them at Wembley Arena and my trip from Sheffield-London to see them 4 days after I saw them in Sheffield counts too (skipped lectures for that one, and sixth form lessons for the first one). Slept on floors/sofas both times.

I can't travel for Muse, I don't have a passport. My family never went abroad, we could never afford it. Maybe in the new uni term, I will finally be able to afford one! Then I can join y'all on your crazy adventures! :D

Then you can come to a MuseCamp!

I would like to add myself to the list. :happy:

I thank Muse for giving me the great excuse to travel to the UK last month. I have a feeling the travel itch has just begun. :D

Of course you're on the list, Cris! It's my Someheimers (a mild form of Allsheimers), sorry!

Grew up in Holland, traveled to Germany, France, England, Belgium, Italy (I have family there and used it towards my advantage) and currently live in the states. I'm going to see them in September. :happy:

You're in! Which show/s in September? Will we see you in Seattle and Portland??

I've travelled to Tennessee from Missouri to see them...good 350 miles..and I'm driving close to 900 miles to see them in Denver in Sept...should count for something. :)

Jen

Jen, that should count;Edinburgh to London is 400 miles, so 35o is close enough! Red Rocks should be awesome, and the last show on a tour is always a kick-ass performance; sadly I'm on call with no hope of a trade...

So far this year, I've been to Luxembourg, both Wembleys, Paris and Switzerland... and am seriously thinking about Red Rocks and maybe a few others in the USA (would be silly to go all that way for just one show)... can I be added to the list? :)

Archived