Why do people hate "endlessly"?

V"!muse!"V

Endlessly is a really, really cute song. I wouldn't say it's anywhere near the best on Absolution; I'd actually put it towards the bottom of the list- But I certainly don't hate it. It's really sweet- it's one of the few love songs that Matt pulled off without drowning us in mozerella.

*noms on cheez*

But in all seriousness, I really do like Endlessly. Its sweet, and I think its one of the few songs I really understand, if that makes sense :erm:

Endlessly is a really, really cute song. I wouldn't say it's anywhere near the best on Absolution; I'd actually put it towards the bottom of the list- But I certainly don't hate it. It's really sweet- it's one of the few love songs that Matt pulled off without drowning us in mozerella.

That pretty much sums it up.

Absolution does have a few excellent softer songs sans parmesan. Endlessly is one of them.

Ah, there's the phrase I was looking for, thank you. :LOL: seconded.

Endlessly is a great song :) Better than ToaDA in my book :)

:yesey: I've always really liked songs like Endlessly, FAWY, Easily, etc... The unrequited/unhappy love songs (except GL... not a "happy" love song, but also not a good one) :LOL: I feel like even though they're all slightly cheesy, there's just something about them that works well and (in my opinion... I know many will disagree) makes for a good love song.

What happened to songs like that?! Now we get soppy, mushy, melty, gooey cheese like GL and NSC... :noey: /kind of off-topic

Endlessly is a great song :) Better than ToaDA in my book :)

:yesey: I've always really liked songs like Endlessly, FAWY, Easily, etc... The unrequited/unhappy love songs (except GL... not a "happy" love song, but also not a good one) :LOL: I feel like even though they're all slightly cheesy, there's just something about them that works well and (in my opinion... I know many will disagree) makes for a good love song.

What happened to songs like that?! Now we get soppy, mushy, melty, gooey cheese like GL and NSC... :noey: /kind of off-topic

I adore FAWY, but that's more for instrumental than lyrical reasons. However, the lyrics on FAWY/Endlessly etc are quite good compared to, say, NSC, because they're not bone-dead-five-year-old obvious.

I think you'll find most people rank Endlessly as one of the weakest tracks on the album.

However, the OP seems to forget that because Absolution is such a consistently strong album, this in no way makes it a bad song.

Do they, really? ? ?

I like it very much.

:yesey:

Agreed! The TR era is drawning us in cheesy lyrics imo! For instance GL, NSC, IBTY! Not that i hate those songs (even though i cant say i like GL, i just cant listen to the all song, its very dull...sorry GL lovers:p)

But I really like Endlessly (it has a special meaning to me and it gives me hope, i know its soppy but its the truth:happy:). I also know most people think its a bad song (when compared to the rest of the album) but i really dont, it ranks pretty high for me... (as well as FAWY!)

For some reason I always overlooked this song on the Absolution album but when I've tried to get my dad into Muse this has become his favourite Muse's song. When he's said that to me I've listened to Endlessly once again and understood that I've been missing out such an amazing song all this time! It's strange that people dislike it, maybe it's not my favourite but really beautiful and sweet song.

It may be my least favorite song on Absolution (that or TOADA), which isn't an insult. In fact, it's a testament to Absolution's greatness, since "Endlessly" still has its charm. I didn't fully appreciate it until I saw a few live videos of it, however. But I think I also grew to also appreciate the studio version's eerie-ness a bit more. In fact, I think the eerie feeling subdues whatever "cheesiness" people mind find in this song.

Archived