Guitars you should like but really dont

rockandroll

BC Rich things that are really sarply shaped

i.e

10051812334148f.jpg

:eek:

Also, on the topic of Ibanez colours... I think its a ploy to give you a headache trying to confuse you into thinking it sounds better than it actually does

10042313134229.jpg

The shape bothers me no end. What are those horns all about?

Lower horn is, of course, a cutaway to aid access to the upper frets. The upper horn, I presume, was created to put the strap button further forward, meaning more stability, and it was styled to complement the lower horn.

At least, that's how I see it. Sexiest guitar ever, the Strat (in my eyes!)

Lower horn is, of course, a cutaway to aid access to the upper frets. The upper horn, I presume, was created to put the strap button further forward, meaning more stability, and it was styled to complement the lower horn.

At least, that's how I see it. Sexiest guitar ever, the Strat (in my eyes!)

I really like the sound of them, but I think the horns are too sharp.

All Superstrats they really don't appeal to me. PRS Guitars just are too much all guitars that try to be like that i don't like. Les Pauls are on the borderline for me some are really bad, e.g. the standard sunburst but it can look really good in black or gold. I really like Stats and Teles and i'm a big fan of Fender.

:yesey:

I have a reason why I hate it though, the shape and the sound of them, it's really awful. I say

However, yes I understand why certain people like them.

I just prefer other guitars to Fenders at the mo.

No, its because I am 6 foot 5" tall, and they feel like toys, have incredibly trembley tone, and just don't feel right.

Could be because I am left-handed and they don't give a shit about us but whatev's like.

The reason I ask is that I was in a shop the other day trying out a million guitars before I parted with my £600. I tried a really smart looking white 70's mex strat. Looked the business sounded the business until I switched to the bridge. Then all of a sudden I remembered "God I hate strats" that tone makes me cringe. Ok this is my opinion and I have always been more from the school of Paul when it comes to tone but I just can’t see how people can use them without an upgrade. this opinion goes across the board with fender for me, there really isn’t one I’d own anymore, I used to like tele's but unfortunately that bridge pickup has tainted my opinion even on them.

Does anyone else have an irrational hate for a great instrument?

I love my White Mexican LH Strat!:eek:

I agree with Bellamy though, while Strats are far more playable, Gibsons have a richer tone. I hate les pauls though, they look horrible and I just can play the low end of the neck :noey: If I had to get a Gibson, I'd get an SG.

Still, I'd choose an Ibanez or a Strat over a Gibson any day

Archived