We've Got Another American Idol Tour Cover.

escapist

i can't stand the whole american idol thing because these people typically don't write their own music so why? :rolleyes:

What's that got to do with anything?

Being a great singer doesn't turn someone into a great songwriter and vice versa.

Anyway, don't criticise too much that you're getting Muse covers on this show, won't happen in the UK version as Cowell loves to badmouth rock as it doesn't appeal to his core audience (12 year old girls and old women).

Ok - Call me crazy but between this and the Kate Hudson business :vomit:. The commercialization of Muse is killing me. I know progress and evolution- don't get mad at me! But can't we keep them to ourselves just a little while longer?! Please?!:'(

Ok - Call me crazy but between this and the Kate Hudson business :vomit:. The commercialization of Muse is killing me. I know progress and evolution- don't get mad at me! But can't we keep them to ourselves just a little while longer?! Please?!:'(

This . Love you .

She just sounds like some girl doing karaoke.

And watching that first video that was linked, she seems like a dumbass. Not that that has anything to do with her karaoke-ish performance (or what you can see of it from that video). Seriously, if you insist on Muse, why THAT song? It showcases Matt's voice well, but it probably won't for any other person. Besides, the vocals, while strong, are not where that song's power rests imo.

THIS.

How the fuck does a chick playing a Muse cover have anything to do with commercialization? :wtf:

i can't stand the whole american idol thing because these people typically don't write their own music so why? :rolleyes:

I HATE all the casting shows!!! :ninja:

In my opinion: She should go back to her karoke bar and keep singing there and she should also stop to cover all these awesome songs she will never top anyway.

I am so annoyed by these casting shows. True talented don't need those shows.

The commercialization of Muse is killing me. I know progress and evolution- don't get mad at me! But can't we keep them to ourselves just a little while longer?! Please?!:'(

Love THIS!

:rolleyes:

How the fuck does a chick playing a Muse cover have anything to do with commercialization? :wtf:

I think she just meant that shows like that just serve to bring the music of Muse even further into the mainstream. Depending on how a person views that sort of thing, it can be good or bad.

Here comes the high note. Cover your ears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX7ibbL0Qv0

HA!!! I actually think the final high note is the best part. It's very :\mm/: She totally shreds her voice there, awesome. Her general singing through the track didn't really do it for me tho. I must say, the band that are performing with her did a great job.

And even tho she's dressed like a trallop, there's something rather cute and attractive about her.

I think she just meant that shows like that just serve to bring the music of Muse even further into the mainstream. Depending on how a person views that sort of thing, it can be good or bad.

I see. Well, my point is that I doubt very many people, if any, are going to hear that song and think,' Oh my! This is a great song, I should find out what artist sung it originally and buy it!' Therefore, it's not too much of a breach into the mainstream at all.

I see. Well, my point is that I doubt very many people, if any, are going to hear that song and think,' Oh my! This is a great song, I should find out what artist sung it originally and buy it!' Therefore, it's not too much of a breach into the mainstream at all.

Shows like American Idol and X Factor intentionally shun alternative music and is based purely around sales and what will sell the most in the shortest space of time.

It's the music industry at it's worst and the epitome of "mainstream"

That is what I meant. American Idol = Walmart

Archived