Grey shoes melting in the dead of night,

And the superstar says something to the supermassive...

Also I thought the 'beautiful' in Screenager (well the live performance at Montreux I think it was. Never heard the studio version!) was actually boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot it full.

More misheard Screenager:

Moose, so falling, always around me. - All the stars, on your skin, pose no pills.

erm in response to this and another later comment.. its peace will arise...

i looked in my cd sleeve and it says venus, but thats utter bullpoop he CLEARY says peace.. he just does

you know im pretty sure he does say penis you know.......:happy:

The lyrics in the album booklet say "since ovulation" but the official website does say "sense of elation" and Matt is clearly singing the elation version in the live performances I've seen.

"Sense of elation" could make sense because some of the other lyrics are very much about contradictions eg. "I wanted freedom / bound and restricted", so being elated at the feeling of being trapped could fit with that...

Ok, I know there was a misheard lyrics thread on the board that died but as it was one of my favorite threads and that I'm sure that there are more misheard lyrics, don't be embarrassed and share them so we can all laugh at our deafness!

Ok so let's start.

"It wont be long, before I disturb you in the dark always"

sounded to me like:

"It wont be long, before I just stab you in the dark"

"now that you know i'm trapped

sense of elation"

sounded to me like:

"now that you know i'm trapped

since ovulation"

in the absolution booklet it says 'sice ovulation'...

The first few times i was listenin to "Overdue" i thought the chorus was:

"You're so Sordid, You're so Sordid... Burns backside of meee... You're so Sordid..." I remember sayin out loud "Thats a bit risqué for Muse!!! I think i must have the wrong disc..."

Oh and I also thought the lyrics to Darkshines were:

"Darkshines Bringin me Down, Making my Arse feel sore, Cos its gooood!"

:eek:

Ummm... Yeah... I think I may need to have my ears checked...

thats not overdue thats sober!!

The TIRO thing:

Well, on musewiki you can read that on the album you got: "sense of elation" and the life version sometimes is "since ovulation" :rolleyes:

Well but I got a problem with the Dead Star...chorus:

You used to be everything to me, but I'm tired of the fighting, fighting, tired of righting,

fighting...

and I can hear at the end "you're fighting yourself" :confused: Oh well, nonsense :rolleyes:

Archived