• 8 months later...
Fear and panic in the air

I want to be free

From desolation and despair

And I feel like everything I sow

Is being swept away

Well I refuse to let you go

Source: the psychical album's cover book

Huh. I always thought that was "everything I saw was being swept away". Ah well.

"Everything I sow is being swept away" just means that everything he's working for/put effort into is slipping away from him.

You know... like "reap what you sow"... Kinda... But not really. That's what it always reminds me of, anyways. Probably because I heard that phrase upwards of a thousands times when I was a kid...

I guess I always assumed he used the "agricultural" word because the report/book the title is based on dealt with (in part) food production issues as the global population expanded.

And, like a lot of the songs, somehow the sociopolitical theme is used in metaphors for personal relationships.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, there are apparently 2 of these threads, so I'll bump the one with the latest post :happy:

I can't believe myself, but just NOW I saw the lyrics to Showbiz, and just to be astonished at the fact that what I thought went "...and pushing a sin to self destruction" was actually "and pushing us into self destruction" :$:$

Still always hear "How much love would make you howl" instead of "How much love would make you whole" in IBTY.

Well, it still makes sense, in a certain way. XD

By the way, the first time I heard the chorus of "Map Of The Problematique", I thought it said: 0…0Lonely's here, be over, ah...0†3 (instead of 0…0Loneliness be over...0†3). Luckily, after almost nine years of added English learning, I manage to hear it right.

Well, it still makes sense, in a certain way. XD

By the way, the first time I heard the chorus of "Map Of The Problematique", I thought it said: 0…0Lonely's here, be over, ah...0†3 (instead of 0…0Loneliness be over...0†3). Luckily, after almost nine years of added English learning, I manage to hear it right.

Get it right :D

• 2 months later...

"too many dicks and she's on the screen"

before I knew the lyrics to Do we need this. still not sure if I genuinely thought those were the lyrics, or if I just sung it like that because I thought it was funny.

either way, still use those lyrics when I'm driving because that song doesn't go through my car speakers very well for some reason and is weirdly distorted

"I need to love" instead of "I need your love" in Madness. Still like the wrong lyric better.

I also thought this until it was mentioned on another thread. Relistened to it today and I still hear To and not Your :LOL: I've spent too long hearing the wrong lyric

I also thought this until it was mentioned on another thread. Relistened to it today and I still hear To and not Your :LOL: I've spent too long hearing the wrong lyric

Ditto. Matt missed such a great opportunity there with that one simple word change, but thankfully his sometimes imperceptible pronunciation allows us all to hear what we want. :D

• 1 month later...
"I need to love" instead of "I need your love" in Madness. Still like the wrong lyric better.

Wat, I thought it was this. Still gonna keep it. That's what you get for releasing a rubbish "lyric" video.

On the outside, I'm the grainiest guy :$

I hear "craniest". Dunno what that means.

On the outside, I'm the craniest guy

Archived