Literally it's still H-8. That's why he pronounces the two words separately. But H-eight seems like an allegory. It almost 'literally' means height. Like a special hint. But do you suppose it's H8 whatever meaning he applied to it?

You are welcome to explain how height makes sense in the context.

Literally it's still H-8. That's why he pronounces the two words separately. But H-eight seems like an allegory. It almost 'literally' means height. Like a special hint. But do you suppose it's H8 whatever meaning he applied to it?

Took me like 60 seconds to find this on Musewiki:

A comment from Matt detailed the meaning of 'H8' in a 2003 interview: "Using a microcomputer (Hitachi H8 / 3048F) which can be built into the industrial machines, you can learn and understand the inputs /outputs of the microcomputer as a basis of robot control and conduct the experiments by C-language for steppingmotor control, servomotor control (PWM control) and serial communication. H8 model, a 16-bit microcomputer consists of 32-bit registers, has a flash ROM of 128KB, a RAM of 4KB (SRAM) with external extension of 128KB and 78 I/O terminals with the built-in A/D and D/Aconverters. H8 is a microcomputer usually built into a TV, VTR, mobile-phone and car navigator. Since it has ample I/O terminals, H8 microcomputer is also used as a brain of a small robot."

For the lyrics of "Space Dementia" in the sleeve notes of Origin of Symmetry, 'H8' is mistakenly printed as 'Height'.

I know Musewiki's not always right but apparently this is a direct quote from Matt.

You are welcome to explain how height makes sense in the context.

Oh no, darling. Seriously. I could do that, but I know you will definitely think I am high on some psychedelics again, or it some nonsense and stuff. Furthermore, everyone could actually apply any meaning to any song one listens to...Though, I had understood the feeling of New Born before I've known what it's about.

Took me like 60 seconds to find this on Musewiki:

A comment from Matt detailed the meaning of 'H8' in a 2003 interview: "Using a microcomputer (Hitachi H8 / 3048F) which can be built into the industrial machines, you can learn and understand the inputs /outputs of the microcomputer as a basis of robot control and conduct the experiments by C-language for steppingmotor control, servomotor control (PWM control) and serial communication. H8 model, a 16-bit microcomputer consists of 32-bit registers, has a flash ROM of 128KB, a RAM of 4KB (SRAM) with external extension of 128KB and 78 I/O terminals with the built-in A/D and D/Aconverters. H8 is a microcomputer usually built into a TV, VTR, mobile-phone and car navigator. Since it has ample I/O terminals, H8 microcomputer is also used as a brain of a small robot."

For the lyrics of "Space Dementia" in the sleeve notes of Origin of Symmetry, 'H8' is mistakenly printed as 'Height'.

I know Musewiki's not always right but apparently this is a direct quote from Matt.

Ok. Admit. That even makes a better sense to me. (Whithin a song)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived