Ticket prices

Caz

Its interesting, If Muse charged £50 and touts were charging £120 some people would pay it....but people are put off by the price of £85.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely think its wrong for it to be above £60 a ticket, especially when the support acts for the recent tour have not been of a high calibre. We used to get great bands supporting whilst paying much less. 

Hopefully they realise that this is absolutely top whack and prices out newer younger fans.  I would never have been able to afford it back when I went to see them loads.

1 hour ago, RobBarton said:

No normally advertised tickets available, just overpriced pre-bought for resale. More than £100 each - just not worth it anymore. Followed them since 2001, and seen them 5 times, but just way out of my budget now.

Same here, a fan since 2001, seen them 9 times, this is the first tour I decided it's too expensive and I didn't go. Especially as my sons would want to come too, and I have to pay for all of us as they have no money.

I went to see Take That in Cardiff Stadium last weekend, it cost me £65, I had a pretty good view standing near the side of the stage or I could sit on the first section of seats. Great show too.

Edited by ktulu

I saw standing tickets for £75 each at O2 and Brum? Yeah that's a lot of money for a ticket compared to other bands, but it's the same price Muse have been for a few years now and they certainly spend their money on the staging.

2 minutes ago, IvanJ said:

I saw standing tickets for £75 each at O2 and Brum? Yeah that's a lot of money for a ticket compared to other bands, but it's the same price Muse have been for a few years now and they certainly spend their money on the staging.

I don't know about standing but the seated tickets have certainly gotten more expensive. They were £100 for the Drones tour and now they're £140. The difference in prices between venues is even worse though - €100 for Copenhagen and €159 for Birmingham??? That's just not right

4 hours ago, jnimhaoileoin said:

I don't know about standing but the seated tickets have certainly gotten more expensive. They were £100 for the Drones tour and now they're £140. The difference in prices between venues is even worse though - €100 for Copenhagen and €159 for Birmingham??? That's just not right

Ah, I've never seen Muse seated apart from RAH (where I probably assumed the extortionate price was for 'charity gig' and small venue). That is so expensive for a seated ticket at a gig.

Unfortunately this is the price you have to pay now for massive bands putting on spectacular, exciting shows with big effects and visuals. Tickets for U2 last year were over £200 for seats but it was still sold out. I guess you make a decision based on your disposable income but there'll always be people happy to pay whatever's necessary.

11 hours ago, IvanJ said:

Ah, I've never seen Muse seated apart from RAH (where I probably assumed the extortionate price was for 'charity gig' and small venue). That is so expensive for a seated ticket at a gig.

I bet you loved the gig though Ivan. I was there and it was one of the best gig experiences I've ever had being in such an intimate venue and so close to the band. I came out well pleased that I'd got a ticket and been there.

19 hours ago, nickpalaceh1 said:

Its interesting, If Muse charged £50 and touts were charging £120 some people would pay it....but people are put off by the price of £85.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely think its wrong for it to be above £60 a ticket, especially when the support acts for the recent tour have not been of a high calibre. We used to get great bands supporting whilst paying much less. 

Hopefully they realise that this is absolutely top whack and prices out newer younger fans.  I would never have been able to afford it back when I went to see them loads.

I didn't think the support acts were that bad for the stadium gigs. Tom Morello was excellent and Pale Waves were much better than I was expecting.  Certainly better than Dizzy Rascal and Lily Allen!!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sam_jk said:

How come my seated was only £50 for Ashton gate?

Depends where your seat was in the stadium Sam. Different price bands for different positions. usually closer to the stage are dearer. To be fair Ashton Gate was so compact I would think everybody had a decent view wherever they were. It looked about half the size of London Stadium!

21 hours ago, boddies said:

O2 block 111 seats in 2016 - £75 + fees

O2 block 111 seats in 2019 - £125 + fees!

Wow that's a really big hike in a short period. About 67 % increase in 3 years.  Hard to understand. 

I got 3 tickets yesterday and both my mates had a "HOW MUCH ?" response when I told them what they owed me. 😳

Saying all that I am really excited to see them especially on a Saturday indoors in London. 

I wanted to take my son as he loves muse but cannot justify paying over £100 each to be sat so high up we'd need to watch the screens. So, so disappointed at the cost of tickets. Resale nearer the date are going to be just as scandalous. I'm sad that many fans will miss out due to the costs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1