2nd North America leg?

podiumboy

Does anybody think this is going to happen?  There are many cities that didn't make the cut on this first leg.  My whole dilemma is that I don't know if I should pull the trigger and buy Detroit tickets or wait for an Ohio show?  While I doubt they'll play all 3 Ohio cities again, I can certainly see doing 1 in Columbus (middle of the state).  Problem is the Detroit show is a 4 hour drive, and I have kids in school.  I'd have to leave work early to get to Detroit in time for the show, and then drive back so I can sleep for a couple hours, get the kids on the bus and then go into work.  I could take the  next day off work, but taking off workin for frivolous things like concerts is strongly frowned upon.  I don't want to miss this tour.  Just wondered if there has been any chatter of another leg.  Here's a list of shows that could make up a 2nd leg.

LA (2nd show)
Denver
Portland
Seattle
Vancouver
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Minneapolis 
Kansas City or St. Louis (probably not both)
Oklahoma
Nashville
Florida (Tampa or Orlando)
Carolina (Raleigh or Charlotte)
Ohio (Cleveland, Columbus or Cincy... not all 3)
Indianapolis
Milwaukee 
Pittsburgh
Upstate NY (Albany or Buffalo)
Uncasville, CT (popular stop for arenas, smallish arena)
NYC (2nd show, Newark or Brooklyn)
Ottawa?

Obviously not all of these would be a contender, but there's enough there to make a decent sized 2nd NA leg.  They clearly don't seem to mind playing to half full arenas with the upper bowl closed off, so a lot of these would fall in there.  

I wish it would happen.  With lackluster sales, who knows though.  A lot of major cities on that list.  Timing-wise that would make this tour very similar to T2L. 

The way the dates were spread out on this tour have been horrible.  Lots of areas like yours (and mine) that are a 4+ hr drive to the nearest show. 

I’m right there with you, my man! I’m in my last semester in school so I can’t do any traveling right now but I could make a fall gig. I remember during the 2nd Law tour they announced the second leg sometime in March or April, so hopefully we’ll be hearing something soon!

It would be sooooooo awesome for them to do a 2nd leg. I saw them in Las Vegas although LA is a lot closer to me just based on the vegas show being a weekend and the LA show being on Monday. I super enjoyed the show and the music only disappointment is the crowd around me was low energy...odd for vegas but it was. They all sat for the majority of the show:/ I have been to about 50rock concerts both in LA and LV and this was my first "everone is sitting" experience . 

36 minutes ago, OriginOfAbso said:

They'll likely do a second leg but with a much smaller production, like they did with the amphitheater tour for the second leg after the Drones tour.

Yeah but outdoor amphitheater season will be over in Sept.  I think if they come back it will be the same as 2013 - they'll do like 10 or so shows with the same production. 

15 minutes ago, hyena17 said:

Yeah but outdoor amphitheater season will be over in Sept.  I think if they come back it will be the same as 2013 - they'll do like 10 or so shows with the same production. 

I didn't necessarily mean an amphitheater tour again, but it wouldn't be this year. When they came back for the amphitheater tour last time it was about 2 years after the release of Drones. So it could be next summer/fall. They have dates up until this fall already anyway.

I just don't think their arena shows in the US are selling well enough to come back with more dates. For most shows so far they've upgraded a lot of upper deck ticket holders to lower bowl for free because it wasn't full enough. And in at least Atlanta (and I'm sure some others), they've decreased the price of GA tickets down to upper deck prices.

Edited by OriginOfAbso

I hope you're wrong.  :classic_unsure:  With the places they skipped on this tour it would be a shame for those folks to not get this setup at all.  Tbh, the production for this tour is so awesome that it's a shame there are so few arena dates, period. 

Edited by hyena17
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, hyena17 said:

I hope you're wrong.  :classic_unsure:  With the places they skipped on this tour it would be a shame for those folks to not get this setup at all.  Tbh, the production for this tour is so awesome that it's a shame there are so few arena dates, period. 

If it’s any encouragement, I saw them during the second leg of the 2nd Law tour and, as far as I know, it was the original stage setup. However, I don’t think the 2nd Law tour undersold the way this one is, so who knows.

The way I see it, there are ways they can strip back the production to cut costs while still being pretty cool to look at.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, svenisms said:

If it’s any encouragement, I saw them during the second leg of the 2nd Law tour and, as far as I know, it was the original stage setup. However, I don’t think the 2nd Law tour undersold the way this one is, so who knows.

The way I see it, there are ways they can strip back the production to cut costs while still being pretty cool to look at.

Yeah I know, that was my point in comparing this tour to T2L.  They played stadiums that summer and then came back to the US in September with the same production as the 1st leg.  But yeah, it will all depend on money. 

Don't get me wrong, I was happy they came back at all after Drones to play gigs for the places they skipped, but looking back - it kind of sucked.  Summer amphitheater shows here in the Southeast are miserable because of the heat and humidity (and delays for storms like in Charlotte).  With the smaller stage setup and both Muse and 30STM having VIP tickets with early entry, there was virtually no barrier left for normal GA folks at any of the gigs.

That's why I'm so worried.  I despise amphitheater shows and would rather see them play half of an arena any day.  But ofc it's prob not the financially smart option. ☹️

• Like 1

I certainly hope it happens. So many cities have been skipped.  I was hoping to take my nephews, which would be their first concert, to a show in Portland.  I went to the Oakland show, myself, despite living in LA, because it was on a Saturday and the LA date was late in being scheduled (on a Monday.)

Having seen the show, I know exactly where I would get seats for the boys. It will blow their minds.  Hoping they store the stage and return from Mexico to hit the other cities.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hyena17 said:

With the smaller stage setup and both Muse and 30STM having VIP tickets with early entry, there was virtually no barrier left for normal GA folks at any of the gigs.

That's why I'm so worried.  I despise amphitheater shows and would rather see them play half of an arena any day.  But ofc it's prob not the financially smart option. ☹️

A fellow North Carolinian? I was at that show! :) I had lawn tix tho so the storm was to my benefit because it ran the 30STM fans off and allowed me to get a little closer. I’m actually a big fan of outside shows but, as you said, the humidity is terrible and I understand being frustrated, especially since you had good tickets.

I’m a little nervous since they’ve been to NC two years in a row already and the lower sales key dissuade them from doing another leg. Still holding out hope though! 

Edited by svenisms
Forgot second part of message.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, svenisms said:

A fellow North Carolinian? I was at that show! :) I had lawn tix tho so the storm was to my benefit because it ran the 30STM fans off and allowed me to get a little closer. I’m actually a big fan of outside shows but, as you said, the humidity is terrible and I understand being frustrated, especially since you had good tickets.

I’m a little nervous since they’ve been to NC two years in a row already and the lower sales key dissuade them from doing another leg. Still holding out hope though! 

Yeah, I'm in raleigh!  :) Yeah those 2 NC shows so close together were a huge surprise! We may not get another one for a while, but otoh, they probably have a pretty decent fanbase built up here.  Geographically it could make sense if they do Charlotte - Nashville - Pittsburgh...

Also it was April 2013 when they announced the Fall leg of T2L.  So we have a little while to still have hope 😁

• Like 1

The thing about ticket sales is that it doesn't HAVE to be that way.  They are charging WAY too much.  I have been watching the Detroit show on the TM map, and they are just NOT selling. I figured eventually they'd drop those $100 lower level tickets that clearly nobody wants, but they so far haven't.  This will be a show where they curtain off the entire upper bowl, and move everybody to the lower bowl.  

My guess is that if they are doing a 2nd leg in North America, it won't be announced until after the current NA tour is complete.

Edited by podiumboy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hyena17 said:

Yeah, I'm in raleigh!  :) Yeah those 2 NC shows so close together were a huge surprise! We may not get another one for a while, but otoh, they probably have a pretty decent fanbase built up here.  Geographically it could make sense if they do Charlotte - Nashville - Pittsburgh...

Also it was April 2013 when they announced the Fall leg of T2L.  So we have a little while to still have hope 😁

Dare I say, maybe we could get a Raleigh show? That’d be good news for you and myself (from Wilmington 🤗). But I dream; it seems like Muse gigs in Raleigh are a thing of the past. But you have a point, hopefully we hear something in April!

4 hours ago, podiumboy said:

The thing about ticket sales is that it doesn't HAVE to be that way.  They are charging WAY too much.  I have been watching the Detroit show on the TM map, and they are just NOT selling. I figured eventually they'd drop those $100 lower level tickets that clearly nobody wants, but they so far haven't.  This will be a show where they curtain off the entire upper bowl, and move everybody to the lower bowl.  

My guess is that if they are doing a 2nd leg in North America, it won't be announced until after the current NA tour is complete.

Yeah, it’s kind of frustrating. I’m not behind the scenes, so I have no way of knowing if there’s any basis for the higher prices. But if a second leg were to be announced, this was going to be my first time shooting for closer seats or maybe even GA and I sure would like to not have to pay such a pretty penny.

19 hours ago, JessicaSarahS said:

I really hope they do a second leg with this setup-- it really is my favorite yet! But looking back at the Drones Tour, there was never truly a second leg. It seems they went straight into festivals and other shows afterwards. :(

Ugh, those wounds are still healing. :( I actually got tickets to the DC show but then my entire group had to drop out and I just couldn’t justify making that entire trip on my own. I should just move before next tour. 😛 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case people are still clinging to this idea, I had the opportunity to speak to Matt in Philly and I asked him about a 2nd US leg in the Fall and he said no :(  I even asked about spring 2020 and he said they "didn't have anything planned," - so take it for what it's worth.  Very disappointing. 😞

Each tour is getting smaller and smaller.  I feel especially bad for the folks in the PNW who didn't have anything remotely close - there are a lot of fans up there.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, hyena17 said:

Just in case people are still clinging to this idea, I had the opportunity to speak to Matt in Philly and I asked him about a 2nd US leg in the Fall and he said no :(  

Each tour is getting smaller and smaller.  I feel especially bad for the folks in the PNW who didn't have anything remotely close - there are a lot of fans up there.

Welp, that’s 2 major tours that have skipped over NC so looks like it’s time to move. Sucks because my wife just started a new job but hey, her fault for marrying a man child fanboy. 🤷‍♂️