VIP/CID - Early Entry Disaster woes

elvvis

On 2/24/2019 at 7:52 PM, That Little Animal said:

It shouldn't exist. But when it does, I think those fans who scrape together all their pennies and overpay for the privilege are actually doing everyone a favor by keeping a bunch of disinterested rich people away from the barrier. 

^that's me, basically. And of course I'm furious about what had happened yesterday. I bought it ONLY for the early access. It's first time when I can afford more than one gig, and existance of VIP was a blow big enough - but I got over it, 1st raw junkie won with the money dilemma (wouldn't happened if I was still living in Poland, but I'm lucky enough to live in Scotland), and I put my savings into my long-hoped-for dream. I don't think it's fair to blame whoever bought those tickets, especially not actual fans. I did buy it, but I also fought against it, I singed the petition, shared it wherever I could and hoped they'd react to it - they haven't. Changing that last minute, without any heads up and in the way they seem to have done it, is just EXTREMELY shitty move. So it'd better be a one off mistake.

On 2/24/2019 at 8:33 PM, MAurelia said:

I bought VIP tickets because I liked ‘the early access’ (and the lunch box, of course). So I will be very disappointed if I don’t get it.  If it happened  I would claim a refund of my money.

I know that many of you hate the existence of VIP tickets so I am sorry to buy them. 

As mentioned before - I think no one has the right to shame anyone for buying those tickets. So don't feel sorry! :)

Edited by dreamyana
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah no, don’t feel the need to apologise. I wanna stress that I’m not intentionally shaming anyone or trying to start any back-and-forths. What you spend your money on is your prerogative, and I’m fully aware some people won’t even be buying VIP for early access. But, if you are buying it for that reason, then whether hardcore fan or casual, you’re spending money to gain an advantage over the people who’ve queued up for hours, which I personally can’t side with. That’s just how I see it and I find that viewpoint hard to shake. Signing petitions or showing your support against it in other ways is good but, ultimately, all these companies care about is whether the ticket gets bought or not, so if you buy it you are telling them to keep doing it and giving them license to potentially go even further in the future. As the old saying goes, the only meaningful vote is with your wallet.

Basically, you’re not bad people or fans, I just don’t agree with it and think it’s ultimately fair that everyone got/gets let in at the same time (tho you do deserve your money back since it wasn’t announced).

Edited by Jobby

9 hours ago, trogette said:

Yeah using a phone in your hand while in control of a vehicle with the engine running is illegal here.

Gemsy where's the info about the wristbands at Houston?  Are the venues owned/run by the same organisation?

It's the post on FB where they said it's shit and you said 'hey it's a time traveller' hahaha. I've asked them all to come and be angry here. I hope they do! Because it's total bs 

Edited by Gemsy

10 hours ago, Jobby said:

Yeah no, don’t feel the need to apologise. I wanna stress that I’m not intentionally shaming anyone or trying to start any back-and-forths. What you spend your money on is your prerogative, and I’m fully aware some people won’t even be buying VIP for early access. But, if you are buying it for that reason, then whether hardcore fan or casual, you’re spending money to gain an advantage over the people who’ve queued up for hours, which I personally can’t side with. That’s just how I see it and I find that viewpoint hard to shake. Signing petitions or showing your support against it in other ways is good but, ultimately, all these companies care about is whether the ticket gets bought or not, so if you buy it you are telling them to keep doing it and giving them license to potentially go even further in the future. As the old saying goes, the only meaningful vote is with your wallet.

Basically, you’re not bad people or fans, I just don’t agree with it and think it’s ultimately fair that everyone got/gets let in at the same time (tho you do deserve your money back since it wasn’t announced).

See your point, fair enough. And don't take what I'm saying below personally - I just want to adress my point of view to everyone here.

Buying those premium tix was quite a dilemma for me precisely because of what you're saying - I am well aware of the vicious nature of it all. But my desire to be at the front was bigger (though after this tour I may reconsider my addiction, for my own good...) than that, egoistic as it is. And it's not like I did it to "gain advantage" over other people (even though I should have gained it, since that's what I paid for) - I did it to be close, not to be against people who wait for hours (I also got one GA and of course I am planning to queue for hours!).

Sure, I'm not happy with how things stand, I know it's a vicious circle, but if this is how the world works now, of course I would put my wants first. Especially that I can say "it's just money" - I had them (and I haven't had them before). And if that's what gets me to the front, that's what I do. See my point?

I know it sounds a bit sick, but I did whatever I could to get to the front. I've been dreaming about a bit of touring with them for way too long - it's just bad luck that the year I can FINALLY do it, they introduced VIPs. It's not like I wouldn't go and queue because I would, for as long as necessary. Shit, if it turns out to be the case, that it's band decision and the premium ticket doesn't actually give you the early access, I want a refund! 

And I don't want people to necessarily agree with me, but please try to understand my point. Because I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one in this situation.

This is simply unfair.

Edited by dreamyana
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/24/2019 at 2:34 PM, Jobby said:

I wouldn’t say “fuck them” but, imo, it’s a practice that you are somewhat in the wrong for supporting in the first place. Whether it’s easy for you to afford or not, the fact that you’re willing to use money to potentially take a barrier spot off someone who’s queued for most of the day is shitty. So I struggle to have sympathy when it backfires and the odds are evened up again. That said, it should absolutely be advertised if they are changing it (tho tbh I think it was more likely an error of the venue unfortunately).

Who said I supported it?  I wish they didn't have it.  Unfortunately, they do and it forces us to decide if we're going to use it. 

I would think it's better at least to have actual hardcore fans doing it and being at the barrier instead of the wine-and-cheese casual crowd that a lot of people think are the only market for these things.  Also, I still queued for 4 hours, just letting you know.  I did regular GA in Houston and queued for 11 hours so it's not like I'm some random off the street who never queues -- It's what I do 98% of the time because I'm not a fan of seats and I like to be able to see.

If you want to single people out for taking barrier spots, focus on people like the asshole in Houston who jumped the queue at 4pm and nobody said shit to.  Finally my friend and I asked him what the hell he was doing up there and got into an argument (as much you can argue with a smug asshole that just keep saying "nobody cares").  We ended up just standing next to him and going in before he did. 

Edited by hyena17
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, hyena17 said:

Who said I supported it?  I wish they didn't have it.  Unfortunately, they do and it forces us to decide if we're going to use it. 

I would think it's better at least to have actual hardcore fans doing it and being at the barrier instead of the wine-and-cheese casual crowd that a lot of people think are the only market for these things.  Also, I still queued for 4 hours, just letting you know.  I did regular GA in Houston and queued for 11 hours so it's not like I'm some random off the street who never queues -- It's what I do 98% of the time because I'm not a fan of seats and I like to be able to see.

If you want to single people out for taking barrier spots, focus on people like the asshole in Houston who jumped the queue at 4pm and nobody said shit to.  Finally my friend and I asked him what the hell he was doing up there and got into an argument (as much you can argue with a smug asshole that just keep saying "nobody cares").  We ended up just standing next to him and going in before he did. 

Fuck that guy 😖

1 hour ago, Gemsy said:

SO YEAH same again, 3/3... Definitely tour/production company policy to undermine what the VIP ticket holders have paid for (early entry).

Unless the band have asked that the GA queuers be let in at the same time. 

I don't know what to do anymore.

I'm really pissed off about all of this. Partly because I do understand GA goers point of view, in a sense that if we don't fight it and agree on GA coming onto the floor with premium ticket holders, it MAY help the cause in the long run and the 2nd tier VIPs will die out eventually. And of course I'm all in for it, that's what I wanted in the first place anyway. But on the other hand: what are the odds of that actually happening? Seems bit naive anyway. And it's really hard NOT to fight for what you've been promised and paid a lot of money for... especially that, come on, I know it may seem easy to let go and not that important in the bigger scheme of things, but this is my big dream that we're talking about. I was waiting for it and planning it for years. Of course it entails huge emotions, just like queuing for 14 hours does. Maybe even more, because in the line no one lies to me, and here I've been most clearly screwed. 

So far it really ruins it all for me. I start questioning the whole point of it. Because if I'm stressed about it now, months in advance, what will it be like on the day? 

Above all though, I want some clarity - I want band to either confirm or deny it was their idea. I want them to know we think it was shit move, that they should have informed us about it officially earlier, and not go behind people's backs like this. I want CID to take responsibility for what they offered and didn't deliver, or at least being frank about how the things stand. But that last is probably the most naive hope I've ever had.

Seems like I'll be learning a lesson the hard way either way. 

I just honestly hope it's not band's doing. Because if it is, I may really lose my over ten year long respect for them. Not because I don't agree with what they potentially did, but because of the shitty way they did it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Don’t like speculating yet since it’s only been 3 gigs but if I had to guess, I’d be surprised if CID made the call ‘cos...money. The band have never been known to talk about or address controversies either, possibly hence the silence. That said, if it is their call, I’d say don’t fall out with them over it. Their hearts’ll have been in the right place, it’s just the lack of communication that’d obviously be wrong but that can be at least somewhat fixed with refunds etc.

One thing’s for sure, I hope the complaints lead to explanations and refunds and not “sorry we’ll start letting VIPs in extra early to make up for it” 😂

57 minutes ago, plastic passion said:

This has been their response on Twitter. 

0F9A9EA8-85E0-44FE-AD3F-C88B4991E539.png

I never queue for hours (I usually walk in half-way the opening act's set. I'm tall and I have to pee a lot, so I don't want/need to be too far at the front.) and I never buy VIP tickets, so I'm terribly unfamiliar with the standard procedure when the doors open. But is this an experience that can easily be filmed or otherwise recorded to show evidence of them not fulfilling their promise? 

EDIT: Also, I'm still not entirely clear what the issue is. Do people not get early access at all? Or is 5 minutes not enough? 

Edited by That Little Animal

6 hours ago, Jobby said:

Don’t like speculating yet since it’s only been 3 gigs but if I had to guess, I’d be surprised if CID made the call ‘cos...money. The band have never been known to talk about or address controversies either, possibly hence the silence. That said, if it is their call, I’d say don’t fall out with them over it. Their hearts’ll have been in the right place, it’s just the lack of communication that’d obviously be wrong but that can be at least somewhat fixed with refunds etc.

One thing’s for sure, I hope the complaints lead to explanations and refunds and not “sorry we’ll start letting VIPs in extra early to make up for it” 😂

Well, I surely am a bit over dramatic with it all, Muse in general evokes big emotions in me and this whole VIP thing was problematic from the very beginning... plus I'm still pretty pissed off (though slowly progressing into severe and sad disappointment...). It feels kind like a second blow, which I wasn't expecting at all. I know I will get over it eventually and make peace with it all, just as I did with getting VIP tickets in first place. Sure I'd like to see it solved somehow, preferably good for both parties. But in the worst case, painful as it may be, I'll just learn my lesson the hard way and never buy those kind of packages again. I definitely will make sure to have fun, no matter what. After all, money is just money and what counts is experience. I'm determined to not let one spoil the other. 

1 hour ago, elvvis said:

I bought enhanced experience in Cracow and Early entrance in Prague and Rome . Im so confused and  frustrated , i was  saving money all previous year for this tour :(

I feel you... Whatever the outcome will be, don't let this ruin your experience. Enhanced experience (in my hometown btw) will get you first for sure. 

My feeling is that they will keep lying to us and never process any refund or change the deal. Looking for how they're responding to complaints and attacks on social media, they're all greedy liars. I still would like to get to the bottom of it eventually, even for my personal satisfaction of knowing. 

3 minutes ago, dreamyana said:

Well, I surely am a bit over dramatic with it all, Muse in general evokes big emotions in me and this whole VIP thing was problematic from the very beginning... plus I'm still pretty pissed off (though slowly progressing into severe and sad disappointment...). It feels kind like a second blow, which I wasn't expecting at all. I know I will get over it eventually and make peace with it all, just as I did with getting VIP tickets in first place. Sure I'd like to see it solved somehow, preferably good for both parties. But in the worst case, painful as it may be, I'll just learn my lesson the hard way and never buy those kind of packages again. I definitely will make sure to have fun, no matter what. After all, money is just money and what counts is experience. I'm determined to not let one spoil the other. 

I feel you... Whatever the outcome will be, don't let this ruin your experience. Enhanced experience (in my hometown btw) will get you first for sure. 

My feeling is that they will keep lying to us and never process any refund or change the deal. Looking for how they're responding to complaints and attacks on social media, they're all greedy liars. I still would like to get to the bottom of it eventually, even for my personal satisfaction of knowing. 

I posted that as a response on the other thread, so here it is. It has eaten the quotes within the quotes, so the first part is in response to Jobby's post, and second in response to elvvis's :) 

23 minutes ago, That Little Animal said:

EDIT: Also, I'm still not entirely clear what the issue is. Do people not get early access at all? Or is 5 minutes not enough? 

From what I've heard from friends that attended the last few shows, the first tier (Enhanced experience) is let in a few minutes early, but the second tier VIP packaged (Premium Bundle), is let in at the same time as regular GA. They are organized at the start of the line, but it's still a mad dash to the barrier with regular GA so close behind. This differs from previous VIP package experiences as they were let in about 10 minutes to doors-- giving the VIP person plenty of time to pick out a barrier spot before even seeing anyone come onto the floor. No need to run and fight.

I feel bad for both sides of the group.  If they were to do away with the VIP perks, I feel this is something that should have been stated prior to purchase. Now that this is after time of purchase, it is up to CID to ensure that the perks that were purchased are honored.  I am anti-VIP packages in general when it comes to GA shows. With that said, I did purchase one on the Drones Tour because I was driving into a show 10hrs away and couldn't queue. Early entry was a great perk when it worked well, albeit an expensive one. The other items in the bundle didn't seem worth the expense. That's also why I didn't get one this time around.

I hope this is the last tour with this VIP package. I've purchased them for other bands and the perks have been way better, included autographed memorabilia and band + fan experiences that seemed to justify the extra price. Meanwhile, the $500 price tag (Vegas was $399+ Fees = $508) for a lunchbox, small unautographed poster, some arcade games, and a possible chance to get up close to the stage just seems meh.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2019 at 9:19 PM, Jobby said:

Don’t have facey b so cannae read it, what’s the story?

5 mins is way more than enough tbf. If you’ve ever seriously queued up for a good barrier spot, you know literally ever half second counts when those doors open.

1 hour ago, That Little Animal said:

I never queue for hours (I usually walk in half-way the opening act's set. I'm tall and I have to pee a lot, so I don't want/need to be too far at the front.) and I never buy VIP tickets, so I'm terribly unfamiliar with the standard procedure when the doors open. But is this an experience that can easily be filmed or otherwise recorded to show evidence of them not fulfilling their promise? 

The problem appears to be that the top-tier VIPs get lined up and then the second-tier VIPs behind them, and then they start letting those people in 5 minutes before doors, so by the time the second-tier VIPs get in, the GA doors have opened.  And deffo at Dallas, not sure about the others, but the GA entrance was closer to the front than the VIP internal doors.  Recipe for a cluster all round.

1 hour ago, trogette said:

The problem appears to be that the top-tier VIPs get lined up and then the second-tier VIPs behind them, and then they start letting those people in 5 minutes before doors, so by the time the second-tier VIPs get in, the GA doors have opened.  And deffo at Dallas, not sure about the others, but the GA entrance was closer to the front than the VIP internal doors.  Recipe for a cluster all round.

this is a good description, but in dallas, there was no delay.  They let GAs into the bowl at the same time as the top-tier VIP.  I was at the front of the line of the 2nd-tier group and there were about 40 top-tiers total in front of us.  By the time I got far enough past the section entrance to see the lower bowl and the floor, there were already GAs streaming in from the other side.  At this point there were about 20 people still in front of me going down the steps (it was a single-file line). 

• Sad 1

Could anyone give an idea of how many VIP people there were in the queues? Each tier if they were clearly separate? With the chaos of early entry I am wondering how important it is to get a good spot in the VIP queue. I originally thought it wouldn’t matter too much. But the only reason I forked out for the ridiculously expensive tickets was for early access. They know this, if they didn’t then they are saying a poster and lunch box is worth more than a gig to see them. 

Anyone heard of VIP ticket holders not getting into the golden circle as it is full? I haven’t yet, don’t misinterpret that, I don’t want to start that rumour!

ive read a lot of people saying VIP tickets shouldn’t exist and the people buying them are the problem. I absolutely agree that it is a money grabbing move by the industry and I was disgusted at the price and don’t agree with it. However, unlike a lot of the current generation I don’t spend money on tv packages and expensive phones/contracts, Prime etc. So I don’t consider myself to be one of the “rich” people a referring to that buy the VIP tickets, genuine fans buy them too.