Jump to content
elvvis

VIP/CID - Early Entry Disaster woes

Recommended Posts

Hi , anyone with early acces ticket in Houston? how have it looked ?  i have read on reddit there were some issues and early acces was a fiction. Is that true ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, elvvis said:

Hi , anyone with early acces ticket in Houston? how have it looked ?  i have read on reddit there were some issues and early acces was a fiction. Is that true ? 

Standing VIPs were let in at pretty much the same time as GA from what I’ve heard, maybe with a few seconds head start but not much. Unclear yet whether that was a fault with the venue or because the band have listened to fan protests/backlash and gone back on it. Praying for the latter ‘cos it is a beyond bullshit idea.

Edited by Jobby
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iLikeCorvettes said:

He did but not during starlight like usual. I think it was during mercy, don’t quite remember. And I think the walk was shorter than before too

Yeah it was mercy and it was about half the barrier.  i don't know where he entered the floor, but he didn't come down anywhere where i could see (i was in chris' corner against the catwalk).

And Re the VIP thing.  I hope it was a mistake in Houston because tbh I think it's even shittier of them to "fix" the problem by screwing people that paid good $ for a product and then not giving them what they advertised.  If the band were upset by the backlash and wanted to fix things, then they needed to make it clear what was going on and communicate that instead of allowing people to still purchase overpriced VIP packages that clearly say "early entry to the floor" and then not have that happen.  Not everybody that gets VIP is loaded, I know a lot of people that saved up money so they could do ONE gig VIP just so they would have a guaranteed barrier spot since it's such a crapshoot even with queuing for 10 hours.  So, fuck those people I guess??  It was shitty execution from the start, but you don't solve the problem by just screwing over a different set of people.

If it happens again tonight, i hope they at least offer refunds to everyone that purchased the packages.  

Edited by hyena17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, hyena17 said:

Yeah it was mercy and it was about half the barrier.  i don't know where he entered the floor, but he didn't come down anywhere where i could see (i was in chris' corner against the catwalk).

And Re the VIP thing.  I hope it was a mistake in Houston because tbh I think it's even shittier of them to "fix" the problem by screwing people that paid good $ for a product and then not giving them what they advertised.  If the band were upset by the backlash and wanted to fix things, then they needed to make it clear what was going on and communicate that instead of allowing people to still purchase overpriced VIP packages that clearly say "early entry to the floor" and then not have that happen.  Not everybody that gets VIP is loaded, I know a lot of people that saved up money so they could do ONE gig VIP just so they would have a guaranteed barrier spot since it's such a crapshoot even with queuing for 10 hours.  So, fuck those people I guess??  It was shitty execution from the start, but you don't solve the problem by just screwing over a different set of people.

If it happens again tonight, i hope they at least offer refunds to everyone that purchased the packages.  

I saw a schedule somewhere (reddit maybe?) that showed early doors were supposed to be at 6:25 so something went wrong for sure. It’s unclear whether it was CID entertainment’s fault or the venues, or maybe even a communication error but either way, yeah that shit sucks for people that paid over $200 expecting to be let in early

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, frutiger75 said:

VIPs get a 5 minute head start to the floor before general GA is allowed inside.

ha, that's what I thought but it could have meant "yes it will be chaos like last time" 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hyena17 said:

ha, that's what I thought but it could have meant "yes it will be chaos like last time" 😆

at least they didn't schedule houston / dallas on consecutive nights like last tour, which resulted in all kinds of hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hyena17 said:

And Re the VIP thing.  I hope it was a mistake in Houston because tbh I think it's even shittier of them to "fix" the problem by screwing people that paid good $ for a product and then not giving them what they advertised.  If the band were upset by the backlash and wanted to fix things, then they needed to make it clear what was going on and communicate that instead of allowing people to still purchase overpriced VIP packages that clearly say "early entry to the floor" and then not have that happen.  Not everybody that gets VIP is loaded, I know a lot of people that saved up money so they could do ONE gig VIP just so they would have a guaranteed barrier spot since it's such a crapshoot even with queuing for 10 hours.  So, fuck those people I guess??  It was shitty execution from the start, but you don't solve the problem by just screwing over a different set of people.

I wouldn’t say “fuck them” but, imo, it’s a practice that you are somewhat in the wrong for supporting in the first place. Whether it’s easy for you to afford or not, the fact that you’re willing to use money to potentially take a barrier spot off someone who’s queued for most of the day is shitty. So I struggle to have sympathy when it backfires and the odds are evened up again. That said, it should absolutely be advertised if they are changing it (tho tbh I think it was more likely an error of the venue unfortunately).

Edited by Jobby
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jobby said:

I wouldn’t say “fuck them” but, imo, it’s a practice that you are somewhat in the wrong for supporting in the first place. Whether it’s easy for you to afford or not, the fact that you’re willing to use money to potentially take a barrier spot off someone who’s queued for most of the day is shitty. So I struggle to have sympathy when it backfires and the odds are evened up again. That said, it should absolutely be advertised if they are changing it (tho tbh I think it was more likely an error of the venue unfortunately).

I wouldn't put the blame on people buying into that privilege, but rather on the ones selling it. 

Edited by That Little Animal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, That Little Animal said:

I wouldn't put the blame on people buying into that privilege, but rather the ones selling it. 

Why not both? 🤷‍♀️

That said, when we say ‘the ones selling it’, Muse wouldn’t be the people I’d point the finger at ‘cos I don’t believe for one second they’re happy about the idea of people paying to get to the front. They share some responsibility since you’d think they have the power to ultimately veto it but I wonder if it’s a call they’ve been pushed into by either management, promoters or even venues (not sure which of thise get a say since I’m admittedly not clued up enough on that industry).

Either way, it’s a reeeally scummy practice that sadly looks like it’s gonna become standard going forward, if it isn’t already.

Edited by Jobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jobby said:

Why not both? 🤷‍♀️

 

It shouldn't exist. But when it does, I think those fans who scrape together all their pennies and overpay for the privilege are actually doing everyone a favor by keeping a bunch of disinterested rich people away from the barrier. 

Edited by That Little Animal
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought VIP tickets because I liked ‘the early access’ (and the lunch box, of course). So I will be very disappointed if I don’t get it.  If it happened  I would claim a refund of my money.

I know that many of you hate the existence of VIP tickets so I am sorry to buy them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read that they can get in 5 min prior to the rest, if this is true then this is not much time! I don't know how many vip-tickets will be sold and how many prefer seats to floor but I thougt it may be about 15 min or longer! Lol what if you are in the middle of a VR-game and somebody says "Stop! Time to get in!" :logic: 

 

I hate every VIP-tickets or Golden circle-ticktes, just making-more-money ... but as long as people are buying them it won't change and will get weirder and weirder. Money can (can't?) buy me love :classic_sad:

Edited by Claudia O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Gemsy said:

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217149619680078&id=1457342957&set=p.10217149619680078&source=47

Same story tonight. We were thinking maybe it was the venue who didn't want a queue, but nope.

Don’t have facey b so cannae read it, what’s the story?

38 minutes ago, Claudia O said:

I read that they can get in 5 min prior to the rest, if this is true then this is not much time! I don't know how many vip-tickets will be sold and how many prefer seats to floor but I thougt it may be about 15 min or longer! Lol what if you are in the middle of a VR-game and somebody says "Stop! Time to get in!" :logic: 

5 mins is way more than enough tbf. If you’ve ever seriously queued up for a good barrier spot, you know literally ever half second counts when those doors open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balls I hoped it would share., it's a sign from the venue tonight in Dallas, with the same system as Houston 

Wristbands available from 8am but fuck off, no queuing before 4pm, and then there's a lottery where you end up in the queue even then. We debated on FB whether it was venue specific thing but as the same system is in place today it seems to be a band/management thing. So odd.

Edited by Gemsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ehhhhh?

Might sound naive but is it maybe a legal thing in Texas? I know it gets dead hot there so maybe they don’t want people potentially risking their health by queueing up outside all day.

Edited by Jobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jobby said:

Ehhhhh?

Might sound naive but is it maybe a legal thing in Texas? I know it gets dead hot there so maybe they don’t want people potentially risking their health by queueing up outside all day.

i'm driving around rn and it's a nice 15º C.  it gets hot here, but not in Feb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, frutiger75 said:

i'm driving around rn and it's a nice 15º C.  it gets hot here, but not in Feb.

Now oi, driving and posting is defo a legal thing 👮‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jobby said:

Now oi, driving and posting is defo a legal thing 👮‍♂️

i was stopped at a light. we would be talking about illegality if i was on the move and posting simultaneously.

parked now at the venue.  mishmash of people still milling about the premises outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Yeah using a phone in your hand while in control of a vehicle with the engine running is illegal here.

Gemsy where's the info about the wristbands at Houston?  Are the venues owned/run by the same organisation?

Edited by trogette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...