VIP/CID - Early Entry Disaster woes

elvvis

5 hours ago, MrsRaven said:

I agree with this - I have queued lots of times for hours to get barrier but this time felt the only way this was going to happen was to get a vip ticket - on other tours I have gone to more than one gig but this time can only afford to do one if I want to get on the barrier, I am not loaded and it upsets me that I am being accused of buying my way to the front.  I would much rather have bought “normal” tickets and take my chances with everyone else at two gigs.  Hope everyone enjoys themselves anyway !  

Yeah you shouldn't feel guilty. It's just a really flawed system. There are huge fans like you who buy them cause you feel like you have to get barrier, and there's people who aren't big fans but have the income.

Edited by OriginOfAbso

33 minutes ago, plastic passion said:

Does anyone have an idea what time people line up for VIP? I know the check in is around 330 so I assumed around that time. I was reading reddit (maybe) and someone mentioned lining up at 10am for VIP. I was hoping a perk was avoiding all that. booo.

I suppose it would depend on the tier? If you're tier 1, there's no point in lining up as you'll go through the games/preparty thing beforehand. Tier 2-- might be good to line up a little early, but not 10am-- that's a bit silly. 

From what I've observed at the last two shows (Sac and Oakland), they did have a separate GA line for the VIP package holders. And they held the regular GA line for 15+ minutes after doors at 7pm so the VIP peeps could get in early. Why they don't do actual early entry and let VIP in at 6:45, instead of delaying regular GA til 7:15pm and causing frustration with arena staff? Who knows... :rolleyes: 

But the VIP GA line was super short on both occasions when I passed it late afternoon-- like 10-15 people in line. But check in with the VIP booth/attendant for more info in case it changes.

1 hour ago, plastic passion said:

Does anyone have an idea what time people line up for VIP? I know the check in is around 330 so I assumed around that time. I was reading reddit (maybe) and someone mentioned lining up at 10am for VIP. I was hoping a perk was avoiding all that. booo.

Anyone showing up for VIP at 10am is going to be wandering around with nowhere to go.  They don't even start setting up the check-in tables until after 2. 

28 minutes ago, hyena17 said:

Anyone showing up for VIP at 10am is going to be wandering around with nowhere to go.  They don't even start setting up the check-in tables until after 2. 

Exactly. Where would they know where to line up? lol

57 minutes ago, JessicaSarahS said:

I suppose it would depend on the tier? If you're tier 1, there's no point in lining up as you'll go through the games/preparty thing beforehand. Tier 2-- might be good to line up a little early, but not 10am-- that's a bit silly. 

I have the cheaper vip so I was curious as to what time people line up. I had early entry for The Killers and while I was on my way to Universal Studios (venue right next door) I noticed early entry people lined up at 830am. So aggravating. Hope people dont get that desperate.

1 hour ago, plastic passion said:

I have the cheaper vip so I was curious as to what time people line up. I had early entry for The Killers and while I was on my way to Universal Studios (venue right next door) I noticed early entry people lined up at 830am. So aggravating. Hope people dont get that desperate.

I doubt it. Now that the kinks have been ironed out with VIP vs GA, I’d say you’re pretty safe to line up in the afternoon. Oakland’s VIP line was only 10-15 people at 6pm. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, plastic passion said:

Saw this and had to chime in.  The $$ I spent on VIP for the Killers on their last tour was worthless.  They oversold (didn't appear to have a cap at all) their VIP and apparently everyone buys it.  I really enjoy the killers and have seen them multiple times but I'm not a superfan.  So yeah, my friend and I happened to go "check the venue" at like 9am the day of the gig and ended up having to stay all day and cancelling our plans because there were already 65 people in THE VIP QUEUE.  There were literally more people in that queue than the normal GA queue.   Needless to say, we didn't get barrier but the Killers is the one band that I can stand 2nd row and I'm OK because the crowd doesn't move at all.

Weird how that's a blatant money-grab (basically a $150 surcharge on the cost of a ticket), yet I never heard a single fan of theirs complain.  At least Muse hasn't quite reached that point yet.

• Sad 1

On 3/7/2019 at 10:34 PM, Jobby said:

Yeah, unfortunately they’ve backed themselves into a situation they really can’t win with now. Change it either way and you’re fucking off one side, now the GA fans are pissed again (understandably). Hopefully the hassle will indeed persuade them to avoid it in future.

Think this coulda worked out perfectly if they’d just addressed it online when (assuming this is true) the decision was made. I get that they’ve always stayed quiet publically when it comes to any remote controversies but something as simple as “Look, we’ve heard complaints from hardcore fans about the early access and we understand so we’re gonna scrap it. Anyone who bought VIP solely for the early access can swap to a normal GA ticket and have the price difference refunded.” would’ve settled it fine.

Yes, exactly! That was at the core of my argument from the very beginning. 

On 3/8/2019 at 9:21 AM, Jobby said:

Because while VIPs are now getting what they paid for, they’re back to being screwed. It’s p understandable.

Ideally the complaints would’ve resulted in offered refunds and an explanation that the early access has been diluted because of backlash but I always feared that the most likely outcome was just gonna be “let them in earlier”.

^THIS. Agree. Even though this works for me as VIP goer, I still get why this is disappointing for the rest. 

On 3/9/2019 at 1:27 AM, JessicaSarahS said:

Because of the height of the stage, you'll have a pretty good view from anywhere. As a shorty, I'm actually worried being too close now. I feel the area at the end of the B-stage is the best for show viewing. 

Could some please clarify for me which one is B-stage? Is it the stage at the end of catwalk?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to the gig at the Etihad in Manchester this coming Saturday. I have the cheaper VIP tickets, bought specifically to get as close as possible, however, I'm going with my dad so I won't be able to q at some ridiculous time. 

Can someone help me with the following:

Do the VIPs get a separate q to join by the staff at the venue?

Is 4pm early enough to get q close?

Has anyone else not received the e mail that says what time to get there yet etc as mine doesn't appear to have arrived?

I would q earlier but I'm going with my dad whos over 60 so 4 is probably going to be the earliest I can join. Starting to feel a little anxious after reading some of these posts lol 

17 hours ago, Holl86 said:

Do the VIPs get a separate q to join by the staff at the venue?

Is 4pm early enough to get q close?

Has anyone else not received the e mail that says what time to get there yet etc as mine doesn't appear to have arrived?

I would q earlier but I'm going with my dad whos over 60 so 4 is probably going to be the earliest I can join. Starting to feel a little anxious after reading some of these posts lol 

1. Yes, that information was provided with the ticket / purchase. They'll send you an email with more detailed times prior to the date (I just got my details for Bristol yesterday) + it's on the ticket. 

2. May depend on the times at the actual venue, but yeah, you have way smaller queue among premium ticket holders, so even if you won't get there first, you still should be at the very front. That's what you're paying for, after all. I don't plan to show up much earlier. Haven't done any gig yet though, so can't be sure, haha. Can let you know after tomorrow :D

3. As mentioned above: didn't get mine for Manchester yet, but got one for Bristol yesterday, so no worries, it will come closer to the date. Just check junk email cause mine got there for some reason.

I'll see you there, I suppose! :D

Edited by dreamyana
  • Like 1

Hi,

Thanks I appreciate your reply. 

That’s fair enough I’ll wait for the e mail to come though i could’ve sworn my print at home tickets said 5pm which I thought was the time that general standing are usually allowed in anyway? 

I thought I’d better check I had the right time so I could get there early enough to take advantage :) 

I’ve been checking junk too but not seen anything yet so will keep my eyes peeled! 

That’s a relief, if I can get there at that time & still be virtually at the front then I'll be v pleased! I’ve been hearing stories of everyone getting let in at virtually the same time which didn’t make it sound v organised 

Like most others I don’t really agree with people having to pay extra to get closer, Its a hell of a lot to shell out & to persuade someone else to shell out so you have someone to go with but I don’t see many bands these days & I love Muse so thought I’d make an exception. I really hope the lunchbox and poster aren't the only perks coz if anything they're going to be a bit of a nuisance trying to jump up and down while clinging onto them lol. 

Oh yes, If you could let us know what the qs are like how people are let in at the Bristol gig etc  that would be most helpful. Hope you have a great time! 

Ok so my e mail arrived listing the times and I'm starting to get hopeful of getting near the front. Is the walkway a good place to stand or am I best picking left or right either side for the best view??