Sign in to follow this  
JessicaSarahS

New Song! Pray

1 hour ago, kueller said:

Given things like Exogenesis and Isolated System I don't think the band setting is necessarily stopping him there.

Not in Isolated System so much, that's true. Exogenesis is written as a rock symphony though, if he were to do a film score, I'd say he doesn't need Dom and Chris' input or labor to write and perform not-rock symphonic music. 

I know it's a rock symphony but it was still pretty heavily symphonic, as far as having an outlet of that kind.

He can do whatever though and I'm surprised neither he nor Muse have ever done a full score yet.

I'm sure you know this but Matt did start working on a soundtrack for Clash of The Titans but backed out after deciding to focus on the 2010 tour instead. 

It's an extended version of what we already heard from the live shows, but it's really nice. I love the melody of it and atmosphere. I wish it was on Simulation Theory.

Posted (edited)

Just listened to the leak.

Uhhmm... I'm gonna tell you: I didn't find it as awesomely mindblowing as I thought it would be. 

Between the preview on Matt's IG and the ST Tour shortened version it's like you've basically heard it all. The only difference is the Valiryan female voice reciting a prayer during the instrumental passages.

Still a very good track, though, and 1000x better then GUAF, lol (at least to me).

EDIT: Oh, and that final falsetto gives me quite the shivers. Well effing done, Bells.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

I need to see and hear it live in person,  I guess it will sound epic! This version hm ... the build up reminds me of Tab (which is awesome live and on record). I see a lot of people drool about the falsetto. Yes, he can still do it, but is this new...? maybe it grows on me.

Was The International a solo comp? He worked on it but from his own testimony as well credits it seems it was much more collaborative but he seems to have played a big role.

Posted (edited)

Just listened to the Got soundtrack 😒 4 good songs on it, but the rest 🤮

Edited by Claudia O

It’s not the GoT soundtrack. It’s a compilation album with sons that were inspired by the show.

and The International wasn’t really a solo effort, even if Matt seems to have done most of the work. In that case we could probably consider some of Muses songs solo efforts by Matt as well.

matt channeled philip glass, factored in some simple orchestral work, added some falsetto vocals at the end, and called it quits.

Edited by frutiger75