Simulation Theory Tour Live gig discussion — spoiler friendly

JessicaSarahS

3 minutes ago, Citizen_Eraser said:

IIt honestly makes me so sad to see a picture of 2004 Matt and remember when he was just a god tier musician from a relatively undiscovered band and didn't have a massive ego.

‘Relatively undiscovered’

*posts pic of them headlining glastonbury*

2 minutes ago, Jobby said:

‘Relatively undiscovered’

*posts pic of them headlining glastonbury*

Hence key word *relatively* Muse was unknown to alot of the world in 2004. Especially North America. They were known in Europe but that was their first big headlining show where they took over as one of the biggest rock bands in the world.

By relatively unknown I'm not saying they were underground. But they weren't as big as they were from then on.

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

9 minutes ago, OriginOfAbso said:

I just don't get the logic at all. Matt looks awkward with no guitar, and literally no one prefers to see him without a guitar than with one.

I don’t mind it for Starlight if he does the barrier walk, without that I’d prefer guitar but it’s not an absolute dealbreaker. Uprising I don’t really like so not fussed but doesn’t change a huge amount of that either imo. Blackout was criminal though and TC seems a bad call for it.

7 minutes ago, Citizen_Eraser said:

Hence key word *relatively* Muse was unknown to alot of the world in 2004. Especially North America. They were known in Europe but that was their first big headlining show where they took over as one of the biggest rock bands in the world.

I know, I just...would’ve maybe picked a pic from a smaller gig to prove that point 😂 plus they were obvs big enough here so that probs distorts my view a bit, an outside shout at the time but defo a big band, still playing clubs in the US tho

I don’t think his ego’s changed much either tbh, still seems v humble to me. Just more confident on stage now.

Edited by Jobby

1 minute ago, Jobby said:

I don’t mind it for Starlight if he does the barrier walk, without that I’d prefer guitar but it’s not an absolute dealbreaker. Uprising I don’t really like so not fussed but doesn’t change a huge amount of the either imo. Blackout was criminal thouh and TC seems a bad call for it.

I know, I just...would’ve maybe picked a pic from a smaller gig to prove that point 😂 plus they were obvs big enough here so that probs distorts my view a bit, an outside shout at the time but defo a big band, still playing clubs in the US tho

I actually tried to but when I google imaged 2004 Matt Bellamy Absolution 99% of the pics were Glasto lol.

1 minute ago, Jobby said:

I don’t mind it for Starlight if he does the barrier walk, without that I’d prefer guitar but it’s not an absolute dealbreaker. Uprising I don’t really like so not fussed but doesn’t change a huge amount of the either imo. Blackout was criminal thouh and TC seems a bad call for it.

And actually I remember at the time when Muse was announced as the 2004 Glasto headliners alot of people were like What?? Who? And then people kind of took notice. They were pretty unknown even in Europe compared to the usual Glasto headliner.

Just now, Citizen_Eraser said:

And actually I remember at the time when Muse was announced as the 2004 Glasto headliners alot of people were like What?? Who? And then people kind of took notice. They were pretty unknown even in Europe compared to the usual Glasto headliner.

Yeah, like I say they were an outside shout for sure, not your usual obvious household name. Can’t remember if they were subbing in for someone who was unavailable that year now. Glasto do that on occasion though, especially with young UK artists. They were still selling out arenas in the UK and nearby Europe as well tbf, and had a fair few decent hits for a band that were only 4/5 years old.