Simulation Theory Tour Live gig discussion — spoiler friendly

JessicaSarahS

Thoughts!
Mercy... WHYYYY it's so lame
Thought contagion with no guitar? Whyyyyyy it's so lame, gtfo, I bet the crowd still aren't singing along to the woahs
Two Algorithms?! 
Pwopagandaaa hahaha yesss
Medley is staying hurrah
Unsustainable is staying too haha, that's surprising but yay, see also take a bow, wow, was not expecting that
And includes Head Up riff, yesssssss
Everything else is expected and meh apart from Dark Side and BITM which will be the best bits for SURE
Pray with Dom and Chris on huge drums - WOAH as usual this band surprises me with little snippets interludes that are better than the damn songs
Micro cuts riff is in the d&b jam apparently??! Woot hurrah yay 
Was not expecting gospel Dick Town, but ok.

Sexy plaaaane! Shame I can't do these live (though on the other hand it's nice to have normal bedtimes).

That stage is a bit dick-shaped, hahaha.

Holy shit, a new B-side?! Pray sounds pretty.

WTF were they thinking smooshing all the good stuff into a medley?! And right before KoC - brutal! That would be 15 minutes of nonstop action for me. x_x

4 hours ago, That Little Animal said:

And stale old KoC at the end? With or without harmonica? 

Hey, no insulting KoC! It's the funnest live song ever with 2 minutes of jumping at the end. ❤️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foureyedgirl said:

I guess I'm in the minority but I fucking loved the show. Also got to meet Matt and Dom and they were super kind and down to earth. Still stunned by such a fun night

At an arena? How? (or did you do some kind of meet n greet?)

Yeah I woulda immenseley enjoyed that tbh. Best arena production they’ve ever done and a solid enough set.

Just now, Jobby said:

Yeah I woulda immenseley enjoyed that tbh. Best arena production they’ve ever done and a solid enough set.

Matt and Dom greeted fans and signed items outside the venue near the buses about an hour and a half after the gig finished.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OriginOfAbso said:

Matt and Dom greeted fans and signed items outside the venue near the buses about an hour and a half after the gig finished.

Huh, usually hard to do at arenas tmk, buses and band entrances are usually pretty closed off. Guess Houston must just be different.

25 minutes ago, Clunge said:

As ever, it's 1.5 steps forward, two steps back with Muse. Every. Single. Tour.

Harsh to say they’ve taken a bigger step backwards from Drones when we’ve got a longer show, less filler and one of the best productions they’ve ever done (and instantly one of the best going in the current climate) ‘cos of some dodgy flow and Matt going guitarless for one extra song.

Edited by Jobby

4 hours ago, Jobby said:

Harsh to say they’ve taken a bigger step backwards from Drones when we’ve got a longer show, less filler and one of the best productions they’ve ever done (and instantly one of the best going in the current climate) ‘cos of some dodgy flow and Matt going guitarless for one extra song.

So much this. The set is pretty balanced for being a "Greatest Hits" gig, and the production is... Wow, wow, WOW (I'm just able to say this, after seeing the first videos around the Web). 

When I heard Pray, I was half expecting that it would be followed by the AR version of TDS because of their similar style, mood and key. That would've been dope to say the least.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

4 hours ago, Jobby said:

My sister and I waited after the show hoping to see them leave and they stopped to say hello. It was really cool of them

almost every song has some tricked up component to it. 

from the dancers, to wand wielders, to men firing CO2 out of cannons, to gigantic robots, to hydraulic components everywhere, to big drums, to a vintage video game that matt plays for have a second, to confetti/streamers, to people with manual leaf blowers blowing all the tenant of such around, to a gigantic suspended alien...and more. 

it was almost like a cirque de soleil show set to rock music rather than a rock gig.