Matt talks new album direction( Short interview)

scotgal

doubt it. im sure the next album will be just as big and grandiose as the resistance.

All this Negativity :noey::p

But you're right. You never know what really ends up in the record stores..

Still... would be so cool if it's at least another new musical approach and as Matt says more down to earth. Hope dies last :happy:

:awesome:

but tbh Matt does talk a lot of shit.

I do tend to think this is a big possibility though. I mean you'd think there's only so OTT one band can go before they feel the need to change some things.

They're into moving forward and most of the stuff they've released has had a massive sound so it would make sense that they see the next step forward into something new as an oppurtunity to be more basic and less bombastic.

Wonder what he means by intimate and more down to Earth? Only part of their work I'd call "stripped down" would be Showbiz. Cool to hear them talk about the new album.

I agree with this. The only one of their albums that is very "intimate" is Showbiz...

Anyway, nice to hear talk on Album Number 6

:LOL: Indeed. In the next interview he'll say something completely different.

"Oh yeah, I'm thinking of taking a new direction from what I mentioned before for the next album...we'll be using every instrument you can think of. It will be loud, over-the-top, and based around conspiracy theories."

:rolleyes:

At least he's consistently inconsistent :yesey:

:awesome:

Archived