Secret music industry lizards, brainwashing us all with their secret codes, symbols of evil occultism and eyes of Satan and throwing the horns, omg... if it was so secret, why put all the symbols in the videos? If they were honestly trying to hypnotise and brainwash us all, why tantalise us with little clues?

None of us here are sheep, or shills; some of us (me, anyway) are rock music fans who have followed this stuff ourselves for years, but never has anyone provided me with an answer to this question. Somebody in the Current Affairs forum recently said bands like System of a Down have EYES ON THE COVERS OF THEIR ALBUMS. Never mind the fact that they BLATANTLY SAY throughout their records, 'fuck the system', 'believing the lies', 'advertising causes me, therapy therapy'... and it's not even in reverse. :LOL: Instead of picking out tiny, ridiculous clues, why not listen to what people are saying to you CLEARLY?

'If you're playing records backwards listening for Satanic messages... then you ARE Satan.'

Anyway. Occultism has been 'cool' since Crowley, get over it.

Of course the idea of an illuminati is intriguing, but nobody does anything about it. There are some fantastic books about it. But what's the point in the writers writing the fantastic books if all they do is encourage people to just troll the internet. If there's such a big, evil problem here, why don't people do something about it.

They do all the time... or at least they try to... but the powers that be have them killed or re-educated before they can have any impact :shifty: and then they erase any hint of what they were trying to do :shifty: and the sheeple continue in their slumber :shifty: blissfully unaware that anything has happened....

;)

I preferred it when Matt read experimental physics about parallel universes, multiple dimensions (hyperspace), string theory and super symmetry. It encouraged the more literate and intelligent fans rather than the fairly idiotic conspiracy ranters. And the music was a lot better too.

/provoking comment. :awesome:

It's good to question things, but it constantly staggers me how reality is ignored for pointless paranoid fantasy. What the USA did to South America in the 40's - 50's was real, yet conspiracy theorists instead decide to focus on something daft and pointless, like believing the moon landings were faked. Instead of focusing on how US foreign policy led to the rise of Islamic terrorism culminating in 9/11 (or look at the similarities between the rise of right-wing neo-conservative religious fundamentalism in the US, and the rise of those right-wing neo-conservative religious fundamentalist Islamic groups they define themselves against) they instead choose to believe the US government destroyed the towers themselves. (The USA can't be weak, and there can't be a more complex situation! Of course not! The USA government has to control the world, so therefore must have demolished their own towers! :rolleyes:). It's always so egotistical as well. If it's other countries being oppressed or exploited then it's ignored, but if it's a fantasy that your own government is coming after you in particular then it's worth creating a paranoid story about. Because it makes your life seem far more important than it actually is. And you can feel as though you're intelligent and defying authority without the need for real analytical thought or genuine academic study, or actually doing anything which will disrupt or endanger your everyday life. You can simply scan some ill-written illogical websites and believe you are saving the world from the comfort of your chair. Well done you. A bona fide superhero. Your childhood fantasy come true. And in the mean time the real problems in the world can be ignored, and you can understand less about the real issues than when you started.

This story is the same. Rather than genuinely address and question the power of the media - the effect of bite-sized 24 hour news on the national consciousness and analytical abilities (reducing complex issues and debates to often silly and uninformative sound bytes or phrases for attention grabbing headlines to attract readers/audience), or the bias and spin of some news corporations (Fox News/Murdoch empire) to try and affect millions of voters to vote the way they choose - we can instead see symbols of the devil/Masons in music videos. Baffling.

...Sorry that turned into a rant worthy of a conspiracy nutcase. Oh the irony. :LOL:

It was an awesome rant!

Aww man I remember being 15 years old and desperately wanting to read Planet X/The Tenth Planet/whatever it was just cos Matt was reading it. Such a fangirl!

I do kinda regret not reading it cos even though I am a historian by preference I do find the universe and out there theories about other planets interesting too.

I preferred it when Matt read experimental physics about parallel universes, multiple dimensions (hyperspace), string theory and super symmetry. It encouraged the more literate and intelligent fans rather than the fairly idiotic conspiracy ranters. And the music was a lot better too.

It's good to question things, but it constantly staggers me how reality is ignored for pointless paranoid fantasy. What the USA did to South America in the 40's - 50's was real, yet conspiracy theorists instead decide to focus on something daft and pointless, like believing the moon landings were faked. Instead of focusing on how US foreign policy led to the rise of Islamic terrorism culminating in 9/11 (or look at the similarities between the rise of right-wing neo-conservative religious fundamentalism in the US, and the rise of those right-wing neo-conservative religious fundamentalist Islamic groups they define themselves against) they instead choose to believe the US government destroyed the towers themselves. (The USA can't be weak, and there can't be a more complex situation! Of course not! The USA government has to control the world, so therefore must have demolished their own towers! :rolleyes:). It's always so egotistical as well. If it's other countries being oppressed or exploited then it's ignored, but if it's a fantasy that your own government is coming after you in particular then it's worth creating a paranoid story about. Because it makes your life seem far more important than it actually is. And you can feel as though you're intelligent and defying authority without the need for real analytical thought or genuine academic study, or actually doing anything which will disrupt or endanger your everyday life. You can simply scan some ill-written illogical websites and believe you are saving the world from the comfort of your chair. Well done you. A bona fide superhero. Your childhood fantasy come true. And in the mean time the real problems in the world can be ignored, and you can understand less about the real issues than when you started.

This story is the same. Rather than genuinely address and question the power of the media - the effect of bite-sized 24 hour news on the national consciousness and analytical abilities (reducing complex issues and debates to often silly and uninformative sound bytes or phrases for attention grabbing headlines to attract readers/audience), the bias and spin of some news corporations (Fox News/Murdoch empire) to try and affect millions of voters to vote the way they choose - we can instead see symbols of the devil/Masons in music videos. Baffling.

...Sorry that turned into a rant worthy of a conspiracy nutcase. Oh the irony. :LOL:

Could just as easily argue conspiracy theorists are a distraction from "The Truth" and a route into delusion & paranoia.

They do all the time... or at least they try to... but the powers that be have them killed or re-educated before they can have any impact :shifty: and then they erase any hint of what they were trying to do :shifty: and the sheeple continue in their slumber :shifty: blissfully unaware that anything has happened....

;)

:LOL: Of course. Apart from the people who publish the books, let them carry on publishing 'cause everyone just thinks they're nutters. Debunk, derail, continue the web of lies, truth is out there.

you can't do anything about it, or else you'll cause panic amongst the masses.

Brilliant, is what I say, bring it on. Maybe that's what we need. More of us than them, why else do they need to go to such great lengths to keep us dumbed down? Because they're scared of us. Uprising.

unless it is proven it's merely [intelligently researched] speculation.

Of course it is. And people won't listen, unless people start discussing this intelligently researched stuff INTELLIGENTLY, instead of running around shouting BRAINWASHED CUNTS! at people. You know the best way to get people to listen? Begin by not insulting their intelligence.

And what Mark said. :D

It was an awesome rant!

Aww man I remember being 15 years old and desperately wanting to read Planet X/The Tenth Planet/whatever it was just cos Matt was reading it. Such a fangirl!

I do kinda regret not reading it cos even though I am a historian by preference I do find the universe and out there theories about other planets interesting too.

I've actually started reading Michio Kaku's "Hyperspace" recently, after having an OOS reminisce! It's a bit out of date now and fairly pop-science in style, but it's still fascinating. If i'd been any good at maths I would almost definitely have done Physics. :yesey:

Could just as easily argue conspiracy theorists are a distraction from "The Truth" and a route into delusion & paranoia.

Well, they are. But due to an unconscious web of complexities, rather than due to a Bond villain armed with a laptop.

And what Mark said

:cool:

:LOL: Of course. Apart from the people who publish the books, let them carry on publishing 'cause everyone just thinks they're nutters. Debunk, derail, continue the web of lies, truth is out there.

They gotta let some of the stuff get out, so that they can point to it and say "See? They're not being silenced!", it's all part of the conspiracy....

In fact, it's possible that the people writing the conspiratorial stuff are actually a part of the system and they're putting out misinformation to distract the people who aren't sheep, the ones they can't easily control. Since the truth seekers are out there, looking for answers, the people in control need to steer them in "safe" directions. This keeps them from looking in the right direction and seeing the real truth....

:shifty: does anyone else hear that helicopter? :shifty: *adjusts tinfoil*

Yep the man contradicts himself on a regular basis, never trust a word he says but I do remember that interview that there are some conspiracy theories he doesn't believe him but he is fascinated in the psyche of people who do believe them.

:LOL:

I'll probably get jumped on for this, but I have to disagree. I've watched and read lots of interviews and have never seen any particular evidence of Matt contradicting himself and don't think there's any reason to distrust him.

Saying that I wouldn't just follow blindly what anyone says without forming my own opinions and just because he may think there's something in the conspiracy theories doesn't mean I have to, but on the political issues and issues of power there has been a lot he has said that is completely sound, stuff I have heard from other (academic) sources. If he's got that from studying conspiracy theories there is a crossover.

This story is the same. Rather than genuinely address and question the power of the media - the effect of bite-sized 24 hour news on the national consciousness and analytical abilities (reducing complex issues and debates to often silly and uninformative sound bytes or phrases for attention grabbing headlines to attract readers/audience), or the bias and spin of some news corporations (Fox News/Murdoch empire) to try and affect millions of voters to vote the way they choose - we can instead see symbols of the devil/Masons in music videos. Baffling.

I agree with the things in bold. Well I don't know for sure that conspiracy theorists don't look into these issues, but the fact that they should be looked into. I don't think you can make assumptions about others' motivations though, even though I do think the stuff about symbols in music videos is mumbo jumbo. It sounds like kids' adventure stuff to me.

The point regarding academic study, you can only do really if you're in that position, though you can join an academic library without being an academic, I personally think the study of these issues requires guidance. What we really need is politics on the core curriculum in schools. Course then the conspiracy theorists would probably say that kids were being recruited.

Incidentally I had a look on my university database to see if there was anything about the illuminati. There were two articles which shows how seriously the academic world takes all this :chuckle: but the one I read was quite interesting as it was focussing on whether a book written by a conspiracy theorist was antisemitic, coming to the conclusion that it was, but written in 1995 it was also belittling concerns about the dangers of banks making money by lending money they don't have.

Why? Because they are the only people who use the word "truth"!? And it could also easily be a tongue in cheek reference.

Incidentally I got the impression from interviews that Matt doesn't actually know what the lyrics to Unnatural Selection mean.

The funny thing is that what the song appears to me to be referring to is a laissez faire society which of course was seen as based on survival of the fittest relating to natural selection, except that the starting post isn't equal as it depends on the social circumstances you are born into which is socially constructed not natural so I suppose it is in fact Unnatural Selection.

Basically it seems to be about the rich/poor divide to me, but even though Matt seemed to be confirming that it was about inequality in the Tarasalata (?spell) interview, in one since he has said it is something to do with the human population being reduced by some kind of natural or artificial disaster.:chuckle:

So it's confusing what he means by them, but I think because the lyrics just come to him he does sometimes forget later what he has intended by using them.:)

Sorry to quote myself but listening to Unnatural Selection this morning, it came to me that these two interpretations are not far apart. I was trying to remember who it was who my sociology lecturer said thought the best cure for poverty was to kill the poor. Went back over it and it was Herbert Spencer, a proponent of laissez faire economics, who came up with the statement "survival of the fittest". Thus though Matt perhaps sees a risk of a future (?instigated) disaster wiping out large numbers of the population, the underlying sentiment that ordinary people are seen as dispensible by a rich elite crosses both interpretations.

A very emotive song in fact.

Sorry to quote myself but listening to Unnatural Selection this morning, it came to me that these two interpretations are not far apart. I was trying to remember who it was who my sociology lecturer said thought the best cure for poverty was to kill the poor. Went back over it and it was Herbert Spencer, a proponent of laissez faire economics, who came up with the statement "survival of the fittest". Thus though Matt perhaps sees a risk of a future (?instigated) disaster wiping out large numbers of the population, the underlying sentiment that ordinary people are seen as dispensible by a rich elite crosses both interpretations.

A very emotive song in fact.

Ever heard of eugenics?

If Matt's worrying about that, he's about 100 years behind the times.

Ever heard of eugenics?

If Matt's worrying about that, he's about 100 years behind the times.

Of course I have, I'm not bloody thick! :p

There is a link, you're right, but what I'm referring to is just the notion of seeing people as having little worth and readily dispensible as is seen fit, to suit the economic/political climate. Matt also referred to this idea in relation to the flights starting again after the volcanic cloud.

Whereas I wouldn't go as far as to state that as fact, I do feel that people are seen as dispensible cogs in a system which is seen as more important than the people serving it.

And also do you realise how old this illuminati, conspiracy theory stuff is? It's not something that has emerged in the last few years. And in relation to being behind the times, history repeats itself.

And regarding that last paragraph, don't jump to conclusions that I am suggesting anything, that is just a general comment.

to be honest, i disagree, but surely conspiracies are better than glowing vampires :LOL:

to be honest, i disagree, but surely conspiracies are better than glowing vampires :LOL:

Depends on whether they believe the glowing vampires to be real. And whether some lunatic on Fox News is going to utilise the belief they are real to manipulate people to mass protest against the poorest in society obtaining basic human rights, in order to give their own ratings a slight boost. For example. (Yes, Glenn Beck and healthcare there!).

Conspiracy theories are usually harmless, but they can be manipulated for blind mass hysteria, while real issues (such as the control of US healthcare by faceless, unelected, and unaccountable corporations looking only to make maximum profit and an unequal society) can be ignored. (Because that, in this case, involves genuinely rebellious and radical change to the fabric of a far too individualist society, and the admission that not all Socialistic principles are wrong - when US identity has for so long depended on using that idiotic, simplistic contrast). < I don't mean to start a debate on that issue (i'm sure there are threads for that!), but just a random example of how conspiracy theorists can cause more damage than a short lived fashion trend!

This is such an interesting article, in fact I went off the the site and read up some more about Lady GaGa and her symbolism!

So I figure that I'm a huge Muse fan and my other half is a huge Lady GaGa fan, so maybe we are victims of mind control........................ I say this because I haven't stopped listening to Muse since I discovered them a few months ago. I mean non stop listening :D I can't physically listen to anything else that I usually like. Maybe I can never stop listening to them and will be trapped in a Muse world forever :D.............that doesn't sound so bad :happy: Maybe I'm a recruit for the Muse army that will rise up against the evil in the world and they've made me sign up just by listening to their MUSEic :stunned:

I did wonder why I've had a headache for the last week :eek: my other half said that my brain must have turned to MUSEli :LOL:

AMUSEing :LOL:

Of course I have, I'm not bloody thick! :p

There is a link, you're right, but what I'm referring to is just the notion of seeing people as having little worth and readily dispensible as is seen fit, to suit the economic/political climate. Matt also referred to this idea in relation to the flights starting again after the volcanic cloud.

Whereas I wouldn't go as far as to state that as fact, I do feel that people are seen as dispensible cogs in a system which is seen as more important than the people serving it.

And also do you realise how old this illuminati, conspiracy theory stuff is? It's not something that has emerged in the last few years. And in relation to being behind the times, history repeats itself.

And regarding that last paragraph, don't jump to conclusions that I am suggesting anything, that is just a general comment.

I should have clocked when you mentioned your sociology lecturer :facepalm:

Just thought it might have been of interest as it goes into what you were describing.

And yes, history does repeat itself, but not completely, so eugenics or social darwinism would be different in the future based on the interpretation then.

I should have clocked when you mentioned your sociology lecturer :facepalm:

Just thought it might have been of interest as it goes into what you were describing.

And yes, history does repeat itself, but not completely, so eugenics or social darwinism would be different in the future based on the interpretation then.

You are right that history doesn't repeat itself in quite the same way. But it already has to an extent. Herbert Spencer was an inspiration to Margaret Thatcher and the laissez faire way of doing things was brought back in the 80s, but by that time, at least in the UK, we had the welfare state which was never done away with so that changed things. The underlying ethos was similar though, except there was the idea, I suppose, that anyone could do well if they put their mind to it, though that is debatable, as inequalities at birth remained and, to this day, on the whole, the birth privileged still occupy the top, most well paid, professions.

Eugenics is obviously a very extreme version of Social Darwinism so I don't exactly see them as interchangeable terms.

Incidentally just adding that Hurricane Katrina came into my mind in relation to Unnatural Selection. I remember there being criticism that the government were slow to provide assistance because the people affected were poor.

Although I can see overlaps with the ideas of power relationships held by more conventional theorists, one thing I find confusing about the conspiracy theorists, getting back on topic, is that they appear to be seen as right wing, I suppose because of their suspicion of laws, taxes, and government interventions and people are right to question their motivations as well, the attempt to undermine Obama being something to question I think. I very much doubt he's the solution to the world's problems and of course spin will be used in his political campaigns, but worse than Bush? I think that's pushing it!

You are right that history doesn't repeat itself in quite the same way. But it already has to an extent. Herbert Spencer was an inspiration to Margaret Thatcher and the laissez faire way of doing things was brought back in the 80s, but by that time, at least in the UK, we had the welfare state which was never done away with so that changed things. The underlying ethos was similar though, except there was the idea, I suppose, that anyone could do well if they put their mind to it, though that is debatable, as inequalities at birth remained and, to this day, on the whole, the birth privileged still occupy the top, most well paid, professions.

Thatcher was a strong advocate of monetarism, laissez faire has always been core to the conservatives.

Thatcher was a strong advocate of monetarism, laissez faire has always been core to the conservatives.

Yes I know but between the 1945 election and 1979 there was what has been called political consensus between Labour and the Tories. It is debatable whether there was actually a consensus, but it wasn't until the 80s that the tide turned back to the laissez faire, freemarket ideas favoured before that which were actually Liberal. The Tories arose from the aristocracy originally.

To bring this thread back to topic, (leaving aside the stuff about reptiles and tiled floors:chuckle:) where do these conspiracy theorists sit politically? I suppose they would argue that whoever is at the top, the agenda is the same. But a lot is focussed on what they believe to be wrong without a lot, that I can see, said about how it can be made right.

Actually, I personally think that Muse, well, it's more Matthew Bellamy who's involved with these things , but my thought is that they're actually anti-illuminati, against the new world order. I've made a lot of research and Matt is trying as best as he can in his songs to warn us against them, that there's a government above our government. Just watch Uprising's official clip, notice the giant teddy bear that represents our world leaders destroying cities, small companies, etc to have people migrate towards bigger centers of population, big cities :

<--(area 51 caller)

In the clip, those bears also have the reptilian eyes, have you seen the videos with higher ups strangely displaying weird eyes? Coincidence? And almost at the end, they show us those bears in a giant burning and destroyed pyramid, representing the illuminatis, the new world order, etc

really good illuminati documentary explaining the reptilian eyes, brainwashing, Alex Jones' views on the new world order http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VneNn04uWKc&playnext=1&videos=_rMFy8WbsFQ

(check also Terror Storm, video highly recommended by Matt about the 9/11 conspiracy, and new world order) and Alex Jones was the famous guy who captured the rituals of the Bohemian Grove on camera :

and alex jones actually had Matthew Bellamy on in interview talking about how he thought that 911 was a conspiracy, that we're being manipulated : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPOGw7uXAsQ

And he keeps warning us about how the media are their new weapon, using it against them, aginst us, how muse got total control over their lyrics and videoclips....also here is a really deep analysis of the song Exo-Politics and the meanings, how most fans dont acutally try to understand whats behind Muse :

i know that's starting to look like an epic war against good and evil, but...just look at their lyrics, i dont think they're with the illuminatis..only reason I'd think theyèd do the symbols would be to protect themselves...at the end of the interview with Alex Jones, Jones tells Matt that it takes lots of courage to do what he's doing, not many mainstream(yah..I know) rockstars are willing to do that....it might sound weird or cheesy, but it's dangerous to talk about these conspiracies....just take a look at the documentaries saying that high degree freemasons(usually illuminatis) are controlling HAARP to cause natural disasters...the link between the freemasons, illuminatis, templars, aleister crowley, the great pyramid of giza..the rituals that were performed there, etc.....i might be a little paranoid, but there's something coming, something big.... just the fact that they're brainwashing us to believe Aliens are going to invade us, and that THEY will save the world....look at Exo-Politics' lyrics, that might just be our leaders in disguise ;p

If you look in Matthew's background, you see his mother was some kind of a medium, she used to se ehtings...dont know if its still the same, but theres a whole lot of mystery surrounding this group in general, might be coincidences, but i think its just damn interesting!

Archived