Rock Werchter : Interview with Matt

Sarah 24

http://demorgen.be/dm/nl/2595/Rock-Werchter/article/detail/1127762/2010/07/01/Ondertussen-backstage-Matthew-Bellamy-van-Muse.dhtml

I am sorry for the bad translation,:$ if somebody can better do ?

Our action on Werchter is filmed

Two hours for acting Muse warbler Matthew Bellamy walks in the backstage. Goedgeluimd and relax themselves. Or I him what can ask questions? That can. As long as they concern but not Kate Hudson, with which he has nowadays a relation.

This is your sixth time on rock Werchter? Do you remind yourself still something of the previous keren?

The most important difference with other festivals is the backstage. Those are here a piece properder elsewhere and weller-cared-for than. Therefore each time we here belong to weet I immediately: ah, here we have still stood. But if you a couple is months on tour the actions become mutually exchangeable on the duration.Question me therefore not which here appears today, or which I turn here previous seen could. Last week I am on Glastonbury, however, to Stevie Wonder continue look at. That was prodigious. I do not believe that I have ever public more from its roof see going then he superstition used.

Itself had you on datzelfde festival The Edge of U2 as a special guest. Also not wrong.

I had looked out enormously to see U2 once more live on a festival, because that had been suffered already more than twenty years. Therefore then that action after the fall of Bono gecancelled became you could feel the vexation almost in Great Britain.

It seemed, however, a good idea me as consolation Where The Streets property of covering No nasty, but I did not master the jet ear party. Then I The Edge has sent a mail with the question if he perhaps wants come do, and that saw sitting he immediately. I could not believe it itself also, but an enormous kick was with him on the podium stand.

How do I have go away myself the five minutes proposals for you soon the podium?

We close ourselves with his and on in the kleedkamer. Dominic tapet are hands in and build what on his mini playing the drums couple, I do what rack exercises and warmly my voice. Weet you what is crazy person: on gone to the podium I feel hurry myself fysiek change: it is as if I someone else becomes. The nerves make place for agitation.

And the other way around? It is mentally for after a concert do where your net by 80,000 people the reality it are cheered to get in?

That is more difficult, in every way. When we the first time in Wembley played stadion there was afterwards no party because we had play the day again there afterwards. Then I after acting the car has immediately got in and drunk I a half hour later entirely only in my apartment. That was a complete strange gestation. At such a moment you must pay attention if there event misfortunes.

You are meanwhile already a spell on tour. Have actions been already filmed?

"We nemen alles op. De show in Werchter trouwens ook. Het idee is om daar achteraf een soort compilatie van te maken, een beetje naar het model van Live! Tonight! Sold Out! van Nirvana. Het is dus perfect mogelijk dat je daar achteraf stukjes van ons optreden hier te zien zal krijgen."

First thing Matt tells the journalist is no questions about Kate Hudson? :LOL:

As for the post- Wembley experience, that must have been positively bizarre...

Well that goes to show what he thinks about the intrusion.

It sounds like he finds it difficult to wind down after the big gigs which is understandable.

Thanks for posting. :)

ctfd Matt, noone was going to ask you about Kate Hudson.

Thanks for the interview!

Those are here a piece properder elsewhere and weller-cared-for than. Therefore each time we here belong to weet I immediately: ah, here we have still stood. But if you a couple is months on tour the actions become mutually exchangeable on the duration.Question me therefore not which here appears today, or which I turn here previous seen could.

It seemed, however, a good idea me as consolation Where The Streets property of covering No nasty, but I did not master the jet ear party.

We close ourselves with his and on in the kleedkamer. Dominic tapet are hands in and build what on his mini playing the drums couple, I do what rack exercises and warmly my voice. Weet you what is crazy person: on gone to the podium I feel hurry myself fysiek change: it is as if I someone else becomes. The nerves make place for agitation.

The translation is making me laugh harder than it should.

^oh gosh I know right? :chuckle:

I had looked out enormously to see U2 once more live on a festival, because that had been suffered already more than twenty years. Therefore then that action after the fall of Bono gecancelled became you could feel the vexation almost in Great Britain.

Here's a somewhat better translation, but I don't know Dutch properly, so don't quote me on it; still have to do last 2 paragraphs

Our performance at Werchter will be filmed.

Two hours before Muse's performance, singer Matt

Bellamy runs backstage. Cheerful and relaxed. Can we ask him questions? Allowed, so long as they aren't about

Kate Hudson, whom he currently has

a relationship with.

This is your sixth time at Rock Werchter? Do you

remember anything about the previous festivals?

The most important difference from the other festivals is backstage. Here it's a bit tidier and better-looked-after than the others.

So each time we here go somewhere(?), I think immediately: ah, we've

been here already. But after you've been on tour a few months, the performances start to become interchangable. Don't ask me who's here today, or who I might've seen the last time. Last week I stayed

at Glastonbury, though, to see Stevie Wonder. That was phenomenal.

I don't believe I've ever seen a crowd on its feet more than when he did 'Superstition.'

This sixth time, you also had the Edge from U2 as your special guest. Not bad.

I had been looking forward to seeing U2 live at a festival once more enormously, because that was more than 20 years ago. So when the performance was cancelled after Bono's fall, you could feel almost feel the disappointment in the UK. It seemed like a good idea to cover "Where the Streets Have No Name," but I didn't know the guitar parts. Then I sent The Edge an [e]mail, asking if he'd like to come play the part, and that day he replied(?) I couldn't believe it myself, but it was just such a huge kick to stand onstage with him.

Can you describe what you do 5 minutes before you step onstage?

The three of us lock ourselves in the dressing room. Dominic taps his hands and drums(?) on his mini drumkit, and I do some stretching

exercises and warm up my voice. You know what's weird is, on the

way to the stage I'll change physically. It's like I become someone else. Nerves give way to excitement.

Here's a somewhat better translation, but I don't know Dutch properly, so don't quote me on it; still have to do last 2 paragraphs

Our performance at Werchter will be filmed.

Two hours before Muse's performance, singer Matt

Bellamy runs backstage. Cheerful and relaxed. Can we ask him questions? Allowed, so long as they aren't about

Kate Hudson, whom he currently has

a relationship with.

This is your sixth time at Rock Werchter? Do you

remember anything about the previous festivals?

The most important difference from the other festivals is backstage. Here it's a bit tidier and better-looked-after than the others.

So each time we here go somewhere(?), I think immediately: ah, we've

been here already. But after you've been on tour a few months, the performances start to become interchangable. Don't ask me who's here today, or who I might've seen the last time. Last week I stayed

at Glastonbury, though, to see Stevie Wonder. That was phenomenal.

I don't believe I've ever seen a crowd on its feet more than when he did 'Superstition.'

This sixth time, you also had the Edge from U2 as your special guest. Not bad.

I had been looking forward to seeing U2 live at a festival once more enormously, because that was more than 20 years ago. So when the performance was cancelled after Bono's fall, you could feel almost feel the disappointment in the UK. It seemed like a good idea to cover "Where the Streets Have No Name," but I didn't know the guitar parts. Then I sent The Edge an [e]mail, asking if he'd like to come play the part, and that day he replied(?) I couldn't believe it myself, but it was just such a huge kick to stand onstage with him.

Can you describe what you do 5 minutes before you step onstage?

The three of us lock ourselves in the dressing room. Dominic taps his hands and drums(?) on his mini drumkit, and I do some stretching

exercises and warm up my voice. You know what's weird is, on the

way to the stage I'll change physically. It's like I become someone else. Nerves give way to excitement.

Thank you very much! :happy:

It's much more understandable now.

And vice versa? Is it mentally to do after a concert where you just cheered by 80,000 people are stepping back into reality?

"That's difficult, all the way. When we first time at Wembley Stadium played was subsequently no celebration because we have the next day again had to play. Then I after the show once the car got on and I was half hours later, all alone in my apartment. That was a very strange sensation. At that point you should observe if accidents happen. "

You are already a while on tour. His performances have been filmed?

"We take everything. The show at Werchter indeed. The idea is to post as a sort of compilation to make a little on the model of Live! Tonight! Sold Out! Nirvana. It is perfectly possible that you do subsequent pieces of our action here'll see. "

And vice versa? Is it mentally to do after a concert where you just cheered by 80,000 people are stepping back into reality?

"That's difficult, all the way. When we first time at Wembley Stadium played was subsequently no celebration because we have the next day again had to play. Then I after the show once the car got on and I was half hours later, all alone in my apartment. That was a very strange sensation. At that point you should observe if accidents happen. "

"We take everything. The show at Werchter indeed. The idea is to post as a sort of compilation to make a little on the model of Live! Tonight! Sold Out! Nirvana. It is perfectly possible that you do subsequent pieces of our action here'll see. "

Thanks so much for the translation. That does make it a lot clearer, though I'm not sure what he means about being careful about accidents happening when he gets back to his room. Unless he means accidentally trashing the room or something as he's still so fired up? That's possibly why he's ended up staying up drinking until the next morning (like in that other interview where people were criticising). I can imagine it is very difficult to unwind. I know the feeling from really small events like a frantic day at work. Goodness knows how it feels after something like that. Obviously I can't imagine it but I can understand that it must be difficult.

YES PLEASE :awesome:

Archived