I present to you lovely kittentabbers, John Watt?? and his "semi-solid body" guitar. I was to post this in general gear and tab but, wasn't too sure if it would fit. And he seemed worthy of receiving his own thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P4vEgZj2jw&NR=1

He's been posting on harmony central for a while now about his so called "new invention". He claims that the structure of his guitar, is not like an ordinary hollowbodied guitar. He claims his guitar has increased resonance and demonstrates it through the squeakiness of his tremolo arm, claiming that it conjurs up the mystical forces of the orca to grant him magical playing abilities, which include randomly jerking his guitar, and flipping the toggle-switch, to show his guitar's increased acoustic resonance. His posts on harmony central also include a vast amount of information, which no normal human being is able to comprehend, his posts are claimed as off-topic and offensive, but in reality, the world is off-topic and offensice to John Watt???

so hes invented something thats been around for years and years and years? and shows off how amazing it is by showing us how his overtightened and worn sounding trem arm squeeks? seems he's also invented the bulkiest neck/body heel ever too. sounds like him and ed roman would get on rather well

so hes invented something thats been around for years and years and years? and shows off how amazing it is by showing us how his overtightened and worn sounding trem arm squeeks? seems he's also invented the bulkiest neck/body heel ever too. sounds like him and ed roman would get on rather well

Thing is, ed roman just wants his pot of gold - I don't think he knows much about guitars at all.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2422533

I seriously can't understand any of this.

Thing is, ed roman just wants his pot of gold - I don't think he knows much about guitars at all

doesnt seem like this guy does either, or he would know that many people before him have made guitars with upside down headstocks, shielding, and hollow guitars like that.

Fucking hell.

He's all over the place on Harmony Central, and is now an HC god. He's all over the place... he's a meme. Every day on HC, John Watt John Watt John Watt...

I escape HC to come here, and what do I see? John fucking Watt.

I cannot escape him :facepalm:

Fucking hell.

He's all over the place on Harmony Central, and is now an HC god. He's all over the place... he's a meme. Every day on HC, John Watt John Watt John Watt...

He is within you.

Fucking hell.

:LOL: I would actually like for him to come here as knt is a much different place than hc hahaha. Permaban within the first hour I expect if he were to come here :p

So.. Whats the difference between this guitar and a hollow body guitar? Also, I agree with Hooglebug, that very uncomfortable looking neck joint was the first thing I noticed, which made me think, If your making a one of a kind guitar, why make only 17 of the frets playable?

Fucking hell.

he is behind you right now...

we really shouldnt mock the afflicted.

but jesus, on a stick, with a camel.

does he not realise that his amazing invention is STILL an electric guitar, and that the whole point of an electric guitar is that it sounds good when its plugged in, not when rubbing it? and how does he choose to prove how good it is? through a little battery powered marshall thing. deary me.

This guy gives inventors a bad name.

Shitty ergonomics,

Shitty construction

Shitty attempt at breaking into an already crowded market

Shitty playing

Shitty craftsmanship

Shitty peado beard.

Nuff said.

In the part 4 video, he's shirtless, and he seems to be excreting a liquid substance through his skin presumably to condition the guitar as it rubs against his body, ALSO creating more acoustic sounds :D

just kidding, but he is shirtless and sweaty so...

And he talks about how he has a innovative amp setup of some sort, he may just be joking about that as it's running through a boombox first and then into his microstack through the mp3 input :LOL:

And the upside down stringing isn't necessarily a bad thing. Some famous blues players liked to use guitars like that. (remember seeing a video but cant recall the name)

Archived