Muse in Japanese media - July 2010

uchu

Muse appear in various Japanese magazines this month.

1. rockin' on

123448408-a8ae62ab6d8ec08f90895d26472fb303.4c2dfef0-full.jpg

Matt on the front cover of July 2010 issue which was out today. It contains interviews of each member. Matt's interview was taken place the day before Vicente Calderon gig, Dom and Chris were interviewed at Stade de France. It also features a very long interview with Matt in 2001.

2. Guitar Magazine

RM221008B.jpg

Matt explains his guitar play and equipments. It will be out 13th July.

3. Crossbeat Special Edition Muse & STYLE series #4 MUSE STYLE

51xesW3hEzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A publishing company will release two 'Muse special' things. Crossbeat Muse special is to be out on 8th July, 'Muse Style' out later this month. The details are still unknown. They have also published Oasis special a bit ago, and I saw it at a book store. It contained all the previous interviews by them and loads of photos. I guess Muse special will be like that.

I need a scanner... :(

thanks for the heads up! (though i cannot read japanese :( )

would love to read the individual interviews, though, the most recent ones :) what did they talk about?

There's nothing new on rockin' on. I was expecting tour plan for next year and views on the new album but they ask only about musical elements. :(

Dom praises the Italian audience at San Siro as the best crowd ever. :D

There's nothing new on rockin' on. I was expecting tour plan for next year and views on the new album but they ask only about musical elements. :(

Dom praises the Italian audience at San Siro as the best crowd ever. :D

awesome.

the crowd at that gig just seemed... i dont know. no words for it. i just wish i could have been there.

Very nice pictures, though, many I've never seen before, or only in part.

I wonder if any of the stores around here will sell it... I see imported Japanese magazines in a few stores... though I never really paid that much attention as I can't read them. :p

Hrm... local bookstore doesn't have it even though I found loads of other Japanese music magazines. :(

Still more places to check, though, all hope is not lost for Americans! :p

I guess it is difficult for you to get a copy even in such stores because this is a special edition, like I can't get copies of Glasto special of both Q and NME. :( Ask the store if they can have it!

Thanks for the scans' date=' [b']Uchu[/b]... some very nice pics there!

You're welcome, I took them with iPhone... Hope someone upload high quality scans, especially for the forthcoming Guitar Magazine.

I've just read slightly disappointing Guitar Magazine. Matt explains his Manson and complicated rig, it utterly goes beyond my comprehension. :( I give you a rough summary, or some points that I felt interesting, hope it helps...

1. About Keytar mystery. Matt explains, when he forms particular chords with his left hand on strings, Keytar sends MIDI signal, so I think the MIDI signals control an external synth to play that dark bass synth sound.

2. He prefers Fender in terms of style, weight, neck, and flets, but he can't be satisfied with the sound of Stratocaster and Telecaster. What he wants is Gibson sound like Les Paul and SG that have aggressive tone. Therefore his custom guitars require comfortable materials that make him feel like playing Fender and sound like Gibson.

3. The core of Matt's guitar sound is always VOX AC30. AC30 and DIEZEL VH4 are mixed when he wants extremely heavy tone, and he blends AC30 and Marshall Super Lead 100W when he wants to play powerful sound. He sometimes play direct sound and use distortion pedals if necessary. Marshall Super Lead is modified by Matt Wells (I don't know of him so spelling is probably wrong) in New York, all the channels are linked and a volume knob is added. He sometimes use Ampeg SVT bass amp, which is also modified by Matt Wells, to make particular effects.

4. To control the setup of these amps, the main signal of the guitar is separated into three by an amp switcher and sent to VOX, DIEZEL, and Marshall head amps respectively. Another signal is sent to two combination amps but he doesn't use these options. In addition to it, other signals are sent from the switcher to two effect loops and clean tone output. These signals from the three head amps are mixed and sent to a cabinet, 4 x 12 Mills Acoustic cabinet.

5. His current pedal board is Liquid Foot by Liquid Control, which controls TC electronic G Major, Line 6 DL4, etc via MIDI. It enables him to make presets/programs in advance and boot them up immediately by pushing a button by his feet. Two expression pedals are set by the Liquid Foot, one is for Digitech Whammy and another is for volume control. He controls the signals via MIDI controlled attenuator. One of the reasons why he uses an expression pedal for Whammy is that it is a bit fragile for daily use. :LOL: All he needs to do is just exchanging the expression pedal if the Whammy pedal is broken. :)

6. His strings are Ernie Ball, 010, 013, 017, 026, 036, 060.

That's it. I'll add something if I notice something..

This interview with Matt is fun and contains useful information for guitar players I think. Hugh Manson was also interviewed. Other pages, especially guitar introduction things are quite boring, Musewiki is much more useful! Some guitars are missing from it, such as Seattle Manson, Kaoss Manson and Chrome Kaoss... :mad:

Forgive the iPhone quality pics below and my bad English!

gm.thumb.JPG.500cc1c0fdaae99804c37850fc449d02.JPG

gm2.thumb.JPG.55559c11a22fdbe1a1ecea06e097f5a8.JPG

gm3.thumb.JPG.3dcb2d305225fe9a3efd6d00c488d9f2.JPG

gm4.thumb.JPG.89b1b4468e36201dfe5d323ab91307d0.JPG

I guess it is difficult for you to get a copy even in such stores because this is a special edition, like I can't get copies of Glasto special of both Q and NME. :( Ask the store if they can have it!

I have a copy of the NME which I bought at Glasto on my way out. If you are interested PM me and I can send it to you.

Thanks for the translation Uchu. I don't understand a thing of this technical stuff either, I feel really stupid while reading it :LOL:

I also don't know much about these technical stuff and can't understand it even in Japanese. :p

Archived