Citizen Erased

Hey, I'm new here (first post actually), but here are my top five Muse songs:

1) Ruled by Secrecy

2) Sing for Absolution

3) Screenager

4) Bliss

5) Butterflies & Hurricanes

Great list. :yesey:.

my top 10. and why - its copied and pasted from a facebook message to one of my friends i was converting to muse, showing them 10 songs they NEED to hear, theyre my 10 favorites of all time

10. Muse: The Small Print - This is probably their heaviest song and wow is it a treat. Watching it live is powerful and even though it is simple and formulaic its still chaotic and amazing. The solo is one of the most insane things ever recorded - so insane Matt Bellamy opts not to play it live as it was mostly improvisation.

9. Muse: Knights of Cydonia - The wammy bar intro riff is amazing in its own right and exciting to listen to but its the "horse gallop" outro that sticks this song in this list.

8. Muse: Sing for Absolution (live) - Hearing this song live is hypnotic. Recorded piano translated to guitar is just awesome sounding and truly unique. The solo is also fantastic and the vocals are top notch.

7. Muse: Newborn - A strange piano intro followed by some extreme distorted guitar riffs make this song dynamic and unique. The wammy pedal solo is mind blowing, when played live especially.

6. Muse: Fury - I'd bet money you've never heard guitar riffs like this before. The first time you hear it its strange yet intriguing. Pitch shifting stomps on each strum is innovative and awesome. The solo is great as well and this song brings powerful and thoughtful lyrics.

5. Muse: Invincible - Muse's best "soft" song. The Muse fans that bash this song can suck my dick. The slow buildup is perfect through each progressive verse and this is the first song to show off Matt Bellamy's new guitar with built in kaoss pad - something truly innovative in a rock genre that is getting stale and generic thanks to bands like Nickelback and all those horrible "hollister" bands that ALL sound the same. The solo in this song is something that when you hear will blow your mind but when you watch him play it you'll go "Oh my fucking god, thats awesome!" Truly powerful lyrics as well in this song and sang with vocal mastery.

4. Muse: The Groove - A 60's-ish guitar riff inspired by the late great Jimmy Hendrix topped by one hell of a solo. Seeing Matt play this confidently live ranks him among the top all time guitar rock gods. Its short (just 2 and a half minutes) but sweet.

3. Muse: Eternally Missed - Theres 3 Muse B-Sides on this list and thats really a testament to how great this band is. This is their best. A fuzz factory guitar riff accompanied by a fantastic solo (one of Matt's Best) hook you to this song immediately. But its the elevator music interlude and slowly built up ending that'll give you chills as you hear Matt's wailing voice emit the songs final lyrics.

2. Muse: Plug in Baby - An iconic Muse guitar riff that was called the 8th best all time by Total Guitar Magazine. That almost says enough about this song but its also got catchy lyrics sang well enough and a thumping bass line to bring the whole package.

1. Muse: Citizen Erased - The Greatest band in the world's greatest song. This is agreed on by about every major Muse fan that's heard enough of them to decide a best song. Possibly the MOST dynamic song created in the last 30 years. This song has it all and the changes and phases it goes through will have you wondering if the song changed when you weren't paying attention on your first listen. Started out by heavy low A - tuned guitar riffs ridden with harmonics to hook you in. The whole first verse and chorus is heavy and powerful. Then the change happens as you're hit with a soft melodic and clean sounding second verse and chorus. This includes a really great guitar riff and some of the best vocals you'll hear in an early Muse song. Then you're warped back to the first verse's sound driven by harmonic ridden distorted guitar riffs topped by maybe the best Muse guitar solo ever. The solo is extremely unique and most people have probably heard nothing like this. A quick instrument change by Matt as he jumps from shredding guitar to his second blessing - the piano. The most beautiful outro to any song I've ever heard is this wonderful and heartbreaking piano finish. This song tops out at around 7 minutes but it is all completely worth it and something any fan of good music should listen to.

wow, that was long

I don't agree with Citizen Erased being the best song, but it is an awesome song. And long too, 7 minutes something :stunned:

I definately agree with him on Citizen Erased but not on some other things in that list. Invincible at number five? :rolleyes: Eloquently written though.

Also The Small Print's got nothing on Agitated for heaviness.

Would've liked to see at least one of these in there too. Stockholm Syndrome, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Space Dementia.

But hey it's all down to personal preferance I guess, noone's opinion is the "right one." :)

I definately agree with him on Citizen Erased but not on some other things in that list. Invincible at number five? :rolleyes: Eloquently written though.

Would've liked to see at least one of these in there too. Stockholm Syndrome, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Space Dementia.

But hey it's all down to personal preferance I guess, noone's opinion is the "right one." :)

i know a lot of muse fans bash invincible and i even mentioned that but the solo just really saved that song for me. it grew on me slowly like most muse songs. its one of my favorite "soft" muse songs.

i like stockholm syndrome but its no where near their best. i love every muse song and literally dont have a problem listening to any of them. it was really hard to narrow down a 10 list. butterflies and hurricanes is also great but not near my favorites and space dementia is probably my favorite muse piano song - that or sunburn.

my top 15...the best s_5cf6f41a3d3818cae015ccc955708877.gif

songs what i ever heard...

early Muse:

Sunburn

Dead Star

New Born

Bliss

middle:

Hysteria

Feelin' good

Take a bow

Butterflies and Hurricanes