Orchestra tour?

ChristiaanW

If Muse ever does a concert with the NY Philharmonic I might die and go to heaven on the spot, then tell God/St. Peter/whoever I want to come back to life to hear more Muse. :LOL: They're phenomenal, saw them last year.

And collaborating with the local orchestra would be cool.... that's what Video Games Live does. :yesey:

If Muse ever does a concert with the NY Philharmonic I might die and go to heaven on the spot, then tell God/St. Peter/whoever I want to come back to life to hear more Muse. :LOL: They're phenomenal, saw them last year.

And collaborating with the local orchestra would be cool.... that's what Video Games Live does. :yesey:

Video Games Live?

I'd gladly pay to see Muse on an orchestral tour... Sad story really, just minutes away from where I live the RPO were doing a concert at a big park and a man was stabbed to death defending his girlfriend from some yobs (thugs)

Video Games Live?

I'd gladly pay to see Muse on an orchestral tour... Sad story really, just minutes away from where I live the RPO were doing a concert at a big park and a man was stabbed to death defending his girlfriend from some yobs (thugs)

http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=home

It's an awesome concert where an orchestra plays songs from different games, and it's usually the local orchestra.

Their setlists are even more predictable than Muse's though. :LOL: Even the banter/jokes are exactly the same. :LOL: And I went in two different years. :facepalm:

...and that story is depressing.

I once saw a Led Zeppelin cover band that plays with local symphony orchestras across the US. The cover band consisted of a singer, guitarist, bassist, drummer, and electric violinist. I think how it works is that the orchestra gets the sheet music well in advance so they can practice it. Then the band shows up a day or two before the show and rehearses with the orchestra. This would certainly be doable for Muse. The Led Zep cover band/orchestra combo was pretty damn good.

The New York Philharmonic and Muse. :D That would be an lifetime experience. It's like having the best of both world. :)

The New York Philharmonic and Muse. :D That would be an lifetime experience. It's like having the best of both world. :)

Indeed. :awesome: Out of all the orchestras I've seen (admittedly not many), it wasn't until NY Phil that I was like. HOLY FUCK I AM IN LOVE THIS IS INCREDIBLE.

Indeed. :awesome: Out of all the orchestras I've seen (admittedly not many), it wasn't until NY Phil that I was like. HOLY FUCK I AM IN LOVE THIS IS INCREDIBLE.

Yep, I love the New York Philharmonic! I don't know if the tickets would be expensive, but I would definetely pay the price. :)

Nothing beats the Chicago Symphony! I think it would be so awesome for Muse to do this, I honestly wouldn't put this past them. They might just bring on the musicians for several songs, probably not the whole set. As a music performance major, i'm already super jealous of the musicians that got to play with them in the studio

I want them to play with an orch so badly. You have no idea! That would definietly bring them to a higher level.

^I am too a soon to be performance major. Piano and Violin, and I secretly wish they would get fans to play with them and a huge orchestra.

I want them to play with an orch so badly. You have no idea! That would definietly bring them to a higher level.

^I am too a soon to be performance major. Piano and Violin, and I secretly wish they would get fans to play with them and a huge orchestra.

Viola and piano, start my first year of college in a month. They could hold a contest or something for the places in the orchestra

Viola and piano, start my first year of college in a month. They could hold a contest or something for the places in the orchestra

i know...that would be fucking unreal. ahhh just the thought of it.

are you doing performance on both? im doing piano performance next fall though. getting the basics out of the way now to have time to practice;)

it would be a great idea !! Muse playing at an opera house !! that would be awsome !! :D:D

they can also play in an ancient greek theatre where Matt can be connected with highly spiritual creatures from the past !!! I know he would loved that !!!

I'd absolutely be in for that!

Orchestras do tour anyway, it's not impossible, I can see them using one orchestra per continent. The problem with using local orchestras is Muse control freakery, though with click-tracks and video-conferencing-y malarky... again, it sounds doable to me.

As long as they don't fill the stage space with cold-war-esque office block...

http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=home

It's an awesome concert where an orchestra plays songs from different games, and it's usually the local orchestra.

Their setlists are even more predictable than Muse's though. :LOL: Even the banter/jokes are exactly the same. :LOL: And I went in two different years. :facepalm:

...and that story is depressing.

I know what you mean. I've been to VGL 3 times and every time it was exactly the same. It still comes here every year, but I've stopped going. :(

Muse doing an orchestra tour with local orchestras would be amazing though! As long as there was a North American date because I don't think I can afford another trip overseas to see them. Not that I wouldn't do it anyway. :LOL:

I know what you mean. I've been to VGL 3 times and every time it was exactly the same. It still comes here every year, but I've stopped going. :(

Muse doing an orchestra tour with local orchestras would be amazing though! As long as there was a North American date because I don't think I can afford another trip overseas to see them. Not that I wouldn't do it anyway. :LOL:

Yeah, it's really such a shame because VGL really is fantastic... There's just no point in going more than once.

I haven't done one of those "will travel for Muse" trips yet, so if an orchestra tour is ever announced, I may just :eyebrows: The only thing is finding someone to go with.

yeah muse with an orchestra at the royal albert hall wouldnt be ideal the acoustics are absolutely appauling, best acoustics in britain have got to be birmingham symphony hall

I've played at Bimingham Symphony Hall, and yes the acoustics are fantastic :)

It is an absolutely amazing venue and with muse there :eek:

The problem with local orchestras though is that they'd have to have each orchestra rehearse for weeks beforehand, as opposed to having one orchestra that learns it all

A lot of orchestras are made up of musicians who have studied their instrument up to degree level, so no.

But Muse don't need a full orchestra, just a few strings, it sounds so daft hearing synth strings live when it would look far more impressive have a small string section playing those parts and they don't need them for every song, just the smaller and/or more 'epic' ones.

Just think Muse are getting to that stage where they've outgrown the 3-piece aesthetic now.

But I don't think we'll see anything like this until the next tour at the earliest, if ever.

A lot of orchestras are made up of musicians who have studied their instrument up to degree level, so no.

But Muse don't need a full orchestra, just a few strings, it sounds so daft hearing synth strings live when it would look far more impressive have a small string section playing those parts and they don't need them for every song, just the smaller and/or more 'epic' ones.

Just think Muse are getting to that stage where they've outgrown the 3-piece aesthetic now.

But I don't think we'll see anything like this until the next tour at the earliest, if ever.

I agree, but Exo needs more strings than just a handful of players (which would work fine on USOE, UD, MKU etc)

Archived