Not really, I'm just sick of seeing him constantly jerking his head MILES away from the microphone on every single emphatic syllable regardless of the fact that it is negligibly louder than the last. On the particularly loud notes, he moves way too far away and I can hear fuck all. Glastonbury is a case in point. He does it really robotically as well which just adds to my belief that he's trying a bit too hard, tranna be clever like. Stop it. If the note is supposed to be louder I want to hear it louder, not quieter. That's the appeal of your vocals, Bells. If you're gonna belt it out, belt it out, Bellamy. Beltamy.

Thanks.

I agree, has he had lessons or something, what happened to all the screaming.

I watched Where the Streets Had No Name yesterday and I had to pause and rewind a couple times because there were some serious head-jerking moments. Like he had a twitch or something. It's a bit annoying considering in the early days he just stood there like a tranced zombie when he sung.

thanks mod

i think it's just a new thing he's come up with in addition to the acceptable cutting off of lyrics i.e. in SS. i think it's a bit gay.

"a bit gay"? Really? I know a few gay guys who'd happily bend you over their knees for a spanking on your young and (one would expect) reasonably toned derriere for saying that... not because it's un-P.C., mind, but because it's so 2007.

"a bit gay"? Really? I know a few gay guys who'd happily bend you over their knees for a spanking on your young and (one would expect) reasonably toned derriere for saying that... not because it's un-P.C.' date=' mind, but because it's so 2007.[/quote']

Our Bodrochowski would quite enjoy that though :LOL:

This thread has brought the lulz, but it also makes a serious point. Bellamy sways away from the mic far too theatrically when singing louder or higher notes. Imagine if they played Micro Cuts with that style...we'd never hear Bellamy singing :LOL:

Our Bodrochowski would quite enjoy that though :LOL:

This thread has brought the lulz, but it also makes a serious point. Bellamy sways away from the mic far too theatrically when singing louder or higher notes. Imagine if they played Micro Cuts with that style...we'd never hear Bellamy singing :LOL:

Well, maybe, but he gets mocked no matter what he does in this respect. He used to get slammed for breathing too frequently and too heavily into the mic, so he finally started to turn away from it for his breaths, and now he's catching crap for doing that.

I think some people just want him to stop breathing, period.

On edit: I was going to mention, the abrupt, exaggerated way he moves (away from the mic and back again) might help him keep time with the beat. Think of armies, marching bands, etc. doing much the same thing -- crisp, quick, reflexive movements. Plus, the quicker movements probably make for better-looking videos (or so somebody must've thought) -- in the sense that there'd be fewer frames marred by Blurry Frontman Syndrome (even at the cost of Tourrettes Frontman -- although that never hurt David Byrne any!).

fair enough. i didn't know there was a lot of complaining, i never really come into main muse because it's full of cunts

I find it hilarious that people in Main Muse call people in Banter cunts, douches, asshats (:chuckle:)...ect. and vise versa...I've been in both and people in Banter listen to you and will talk to you...I got ignored alot here when I asked questions so I personally go in Banter more now but neither are cunts...ect. only certain people.

:rolleyes:

Well then, maybe you & your charming personality are better off in Banter, then.

:chuckle: that was a bit harsh :LOL:

posting premade pictures with stupid captions in an attempt to be funny got very unfunny very many years ago

I thought it was quite funny :erm:

Dom's a bit gay...

True dat!

anteater.jpg

That made me choke on my drink! Thats freaking hilarious!

thanks mod
n

now don't talk that way. that's like mod bashing :p

Dom's a bit gay...

raging i think the word is :p

Why are you all telling Jesus to calm down, what has he done?

*bows, while laughing, in your general direction*

He seems to be cheesing it up more now rather than really feeling it.

it's dwamatic flair you see.

it's meant to give us all the impression that he's working really very hard and should worship him all the more ;)

Archived