:LOL::p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yX1avvACZM

5:05 is what I meant. So sudden and weird.

hahaha 'screaming'

FUCKING EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. IT'S RIDICULOUS. Look how far, it's like a fucking metre, then he comes back all robotically, like "yeah yeah this is totally professional this". It's just shit.

He never used to, most other artists don't and no he wouldn't 'blow an eardrum or two'

I'm gay and I was being facetious. :)

No, definitely not. Musicians don't need to make ridiculous movements to keep basic 4/4 time, let alone ones that have been doing it for 16 years, let alone when they have a click-track in their ear

god so do i, sometimes, but sometimes i'm a little too full

<3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXokqiSKi9I

2:04. Hardfuckingcore, and not an eardrum blown in the house. Compare that with Undisclosed Desires and all that twatting about with the Edge.

To be fair, his microphone technique is miles better than it was - 'pop'/studio microphone techique dictates that you should move away from the mic on louder notes to ensure that it's all nice and even. But when it comes to rock music (not that they're playing that many rock songs these days, but that's a whole different thread...), especially live, that's not really what you want because it saps all the passion from the vocals. As for the breathing, he's always been a noisy breather (minds out of the gutter please), most of us are used to it by now so it's not really necessary to try and conceal it.

It's nice to see that he's stopped completely giving up in the middle of longer notes though. That bugged the hell out of me.

Okay so Haze, does this alter my point at all? No, so it's pedantry. It is irrelevant correction for the sake of correction even though you knew what I was vaguely referring to and specificity was not an issue as it does not sway my point whether specificities were adhered to or not. So, it's pedantry.

And so you're saying that the mics that you would always typically use for micing up a bass drum live, would also be perfectly acceptable for use for live vocals too? I've never seen a singer singing into an AKG D112, nor into a PR-28.

Just lol.

The three mics I mentioned can and have been used for kick drums, toms, snares, C414s are popular overheads, guitars, bass, vocals...

And you wouldn't see a D112 being used for vocals because of the mid scoop, that's all, but it has other uses and you'll be surprised how a lot of engineers don't like them at all for kicks.

I'm not being pedantic, just pointing out the stupidity in the point you were trying to make. Can't remember what album it is now, but there's one often talked about by engineers because all that was used was SM57s and a Mackie mixing desk and sounds fantastic. Big, expensive condensers do get used live, just not for vocals, partly because they'd get in the way, not that robust for touring, if you have a valve mic, have to let it warm up, can't handle them and can be fairly sensitive, but that's not necessarily an issue. There's no major reason you can't use 58s for ambient recording, in fact the pop shield and low end roll off is useful for minimising wind noise. So if you want to go on about applications and technical aspects, don't repeat nonsense.

To be fair, his microphone technique is miles better than it was - 'pop'/studio microphone techique dictates that you should move away from the mic on louder notes to ensure that it's all nice and even. But when it comes to rock music (not that they're playing that many rock songs these days, but that's a whole different thread...), especially live, that's not really what you want because it saps all the passion from the vocals. As for the breathing, he's always been a noisy breather (minds out of the gutter please), most of us are used to it by now so it's not really necessary to try and conceal it.

It's nice to see that he's stopped completely giving up in the middle of longer notes though. That bugged the hell out of me.

exactly. Lovely techniques, like I said on the first page of the thread he must've had some lessons. But c'mon. Where's the rawk. Where's the spontaneity gone.

I don't see what people are complaining about. It's just one of countless lolzworthy features of Da Bellamy Live Experience, always has me in stitches :D

Yeah the cheesiness is win. Well, it was. But it still lacks the passion..

exactly. Lovely techniques, like I said on the first page of the thread he must've had some lessons. But c'mon. Where's the rawk. Where's the spontaneity gone.

Yeah the cheesiness is win. Well, it was. But it still lacks the passion..

And he even said himself that what he learned at Battle of the Bands was that music isn't about being technically good, but the emotion you get from them. *sigh*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXokqiSKi9I

2:04. Hardfuckingcore, and not an eardrum blown in the house. Compare that with Undisclosed Desires and all that twatting about with the Edge.

exactly!

nt recording, in fact the pop shield and low end roll off is useful for minimising wind noise. So if you want to go on about applications and technical aspects, don't repeat nonsense.

I didn't 'go on' about applications nor tech aspects, that's the whole point. She said 'they have more powerful mics now' and I was saying how it's nothing to do with power because mics vary in power depending on their application. i made light ref to drum mics because they're more likely to be geared towards much harsher amplitude than that of a vocal mic. then you find the opportunity to say "there is no such thing as a drum mic" when you knew EXACTLY what i meant (and those mics i referred to are commonly used for drums, so they were the ones i was talking about) and felt the need to go on about something totally irrelevant to my point. who are you trying to impress?

and for fuck's sake you don't even have to refer to 'mid scoop', jesus christ

I didn't 'go on' about applications nor tech aspects, that's the whole point. She said 'they have more powerful mics now' and I was saying how it's nothing to do with power because mics vary in power depending on their application. i made light ref to drum mics because they're more likely to be geared towards much harsher amplitude than that of a vocal mic. then you find the opportunity to say "there is no such thing as a drum mic" when you knew EXACTLY what i meant (and those mics i referred to are commonly used for drums, so they were the ones i was talking about) and felt the need to go on about something totally irrelevant to my point. who are you trying to impress?

and for fuck's sake you don't even have to refer to 'mid scoop', jesus christ

You started going on about not using LDCs in a live situation, that's talking about fucking application!

And you can have "powerful" mics, a condenser compared to a ribbon mic for example has a much higher output for example, so can distort preamps easier, not to mention sensitivity. All this doesn't affect application, condensers are still commonly used as kick drum mics, there's no necessity for any specifically designed microphone and there are often pads built into mics & preamps to solve the overloading issue.

I'm not trying to impress anybody, just don't like seeing complete bollocks being posted by someone who clearly doesn't know what they are talking about.

Ok, the D112 doesn't technically have a 'mid scoop', but hyped low & high end :rolleyes:

• 8 years later...
it's ok, i'm quite well-known around here, my humour is understood by most, in fact, that humour is employed by and understood by most

apologies for the misleading quote, apologies for those harmed as a result, it's slanderous isn't it, my god I'm terrible, making a thread with a funny title on a messageboard on the internet, my god

thanks for nothing

the end

goodbye

fullstop

lol

wen da internet was srs bsns

Aye wasn't BOD perma banned and it was eventually overturned?

Same with Edzo actually! Funny thing is I remember infracting Edzo a few times but he's still on some of my social media accounts/no hard feelings/etc. Wish there were more folk like that instead of all the ones who held grudges against us for years!

Archived