Los Campesinos slate Muse and Muse fans, lolarity ensues.

He should have just left it at his opinion of the edge performance. That was fair enough but there was no need to dig himself into a deeper hole and act like a defensive twat. The hitler comment was not needed, completely bitter, immature and unprofessional. Well done

Lol. I absolutely love Los Campesinos but i have just lost a huge amount of respect for them. Slagging a band off and comparing them to Hitler's career on twitter is a bit attention seeking and pathetic tbh. :rolleyes:

I think this is really unbearable! And calling them worst band of the world is just ridiculous. You don't have to like Muse but have to admit that they wouldn't have that success if they were bad! :noey:

I don't like the Stones much but I'd never call them the worst band on earth because that is just not true and I know that! It's a matter of taste...people tend to forget that and keep on insulting bands, just look into the Glasto thread, same with U2. Nobody forces you to like them but insulting them is just childish. They've been successfull for more years than most of the complaining people have been walking on this earth! :LOL:

Guest Octazooka
OMG I FINK DIS IS DA FIRST MEWS TOPIC I HAS MADE IN ABOUT ELEVENTYFIVE YEARS OMG!!11!

I was really surprised that I didn't see a topic about this, so I thought I'd make one. Hi. I bet you're all really excited right omg?

There is a band called Los Campesinos. Now, I really like Los Camps, their last album was GRATE which is more than I can say for the last Muse album amirite? ololo.

Los Camps have a twitter. http://twitter.com/loscampesinos this evening they have done the typical smaller band slates bigger band so everyone can see it. ORIGINAL. The part I have the most beef with though is this tweet, which was later deleted but saved for posterity here because the internets are full of win.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/25cji6

I play WoW and I really effing good at it. So stfu.

Anyways, making this topic scares me a little because I know there will be some of you that might want to reply to Los Camps. Obviously, if you want to this is up to you, but if you do please remain polite and articulate. A tweet along these lines "OMG UR WELL SHIT WHO RU ANYWAY TWATS" is letting the side down, and Miss Blee will be well disappointed and that, petals.

BTW - My twitter is http://twitter.com/OhBlee and you should follow me because I am made of win and rainbows.

They're a band? I thought it was just a cranky old user with no balls, slagging Muse on Twitter. :LOL: Their comment was entertaining though. They stand no chance against 100,000 other Musers wielding super light sabers :fear::awesome:

it's really boring when little bands slag off "uncool" big bands just so they can have indie cred.

Yep. "Let's all slag off bands with bigger sucess because being stuck in a rut with blander less unknown music with pretentious fans up our arse is loads better olol" That's what it comes across to me.

Los Campesinos! "Momentarily forgot that Muse have the most insanely delusional+ overprotective fans of any band. Sorry guys, I know they're bigger than us."

:chuckle:

right on target, no? actually, kinda assumed the Hitler comment was a joke- I mean, the worst insult they could come up w/ for Hitler was he was a 'cunt'?!?!

And now they're "Really glad all that 'Muse' drama has passed."

Yeah, now that they've gotten attention for it... I'd never heard of this band before. Does anyone else think it's weird that they deleted the WoW comment, but not the Hitler comment? Hmm, I wonder which is more offensive...

And some idiot tweeted this back at them:

:rolleyes:

Well, in fairness to the idiot Twitterer, Muse did invade Poland.

Why should we bother with other bands' and their fans' slamming Muse? We do such an exemplary job of that ourselves...

Oh, and people who are really full of win don't go around saying "I am full of win and rainbows," LOL.

Retune thy sarcasm meter.

Retune thy sarcasm meter.

Oh pffff, I was just joking. As apparently everybody else is when they go about snarking and being generally as nasty as they can get away with. It's not as if I barged in here and appropos of nothing said that your thread was pointless, your writing lolzy, and BTW, you have no friends. Although I have it on good authority that that's precisely the level of snark that people around here are expected to put up with -- to take on the chin, as it were -- with a shit-eating grin and no complaints.

And now they're "Really glad all that 'Muse' drama has passed."

Yeah, now that they've gotten attention for it... I'd never heard of this band before. Does anyone else think it's weird that they deleted the WoW comment, but not the Hitler comment? Hmm, I wonder which is more offensive...

And some idiot tweeted this back at them:

:rolleyes:

That particular tweet has no import and will likely not influence anyone's thinking, but it reminds me of how superficial internet fact-checking is and how vulnerable a person's repuation is. Do you guys remember that troll from about six months ago who used Muse.mu to steer traffic to his blog? He started a troll-thread alleging that Matt was anti-Semitic or somesuch, and the "proof" was a lame satire of same on his personal blog. (The real problem with this, as far as his being on this board was concerned, was that he'd been pretending to not be the blogger, so his charade had a distinctly sock-puppet aspect to it.)

The thing is, on some level of tag-searching and googling, Matt's name will probably always be linked to that episode of douchebaggery, and such spurious links could still register on people's radars when they go researching secret anti-Semites, anti-Sem. celebrities, and so on. Never mind that on closer examination, it'd be clear that there's nothing to it; the fact that anything might come up at all along those lines is defamatory and infuriating.

Oh pffff, I was just joking. As apparently everybody else is when they go about snarking and being generally as nasty as they can get away with. It's not as if I barged in here and appropos of nothing said that your thread was pointless, your writing lolzy, and BTW, you have no friends. Although I have it on good authority that that's precisely the level of snark that people around here are expected to put up with -- to take on the chin, as it were -- with a shit-eating grin and no complaints.

Well, it's not like I said that you're unpopular and you complain a lot about nothing, perhaps I should have used the ;);););););););) a million plus times?

Archived