Los Campesinos slate Muse and Muse fans, lolarity ensues.

OMG I FINK DIS IS DA FIRST MEWS TOPIC I HAS MADE IN ABOUT ELEVENTYFIVE YEARS OMG!!11!

I was really surprised that I didn't see a topic about this, so I thought I'd make one. Hi. I bet you're all really excited right omg?

There is a band called Los Campesinos. Now, I really like Los Camps, their last album was GRATE which is more than I can say for the last Muse album amirite? ololo.

Los Camps have a twitter. http://twitter.com/loscampesinos this evening they have done the typical smaller band slates bigger band so everyone can see it. ORIGINAL. The part I have the most beef with though is this tweet, which was later deleted but saved for posterity here because the internets are full of win.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/25cji6

I play WoW and I really effing good at it. So stfu.

Anyways, making this topic scares me a little because I know there will be some of you that might want to reply to Los Camps. Obviously, if you want to this is up to you, but if you do please remain polite and articulate. A tweet along these lines "OMG UR WELL SHIT WHO RU ANYWAY TWATS" is letting the side down, and Miss Blee will be well disappointed and that, petals.

BTW - My twitter is http://twitter.com/OhBlee and you should follow me because I am made of win and rainbows.

Smacked of bitterness, and the Hitler comment was way below the belt, but hey. . .shit happens, I'm not overly fussed :LOL: Let 'em have their whinge, it's not exactly going to have any huge effect on my life.

Yeah the Hitler thing was ridic.

MUSE MUSE MUSE :awesome::awesome::awesome:

but yeah, i dont know who they are but he sounds like a massive egit, everyones allowed an opinion but when you end up insulting your own fans and potential fans you have taken it a bit far :LOL:

i was considering buying some of there stuff after a friend recommended them but, i think i shall just illegally download it happily knowing that he wont be getting any of my money

Yeah the Hitler thing was ridic.

Indeed - just stupid and really inappropriate. Jeez.

It just reminded me of the thing steven fry said on one episode of QI, about how internet arguments always end up with a comparison to hitler! :LOL:

Did he? Doesn't give me much hope for the net then. Just why the fuck do I spend so much time online then? Should I blame it on Hitler? :LOL:

Lol. I absolutely love Los Campesinos but i have just lost a huge amount of respect for them. Slagging a band off and comparing them to Hitler's career on twitter is a bit attention seeking and pathetic tbh. :rolleyes:

It's just such a cliché thing to do. Slag off a band then moan about the band's fans when people disagree. Some of those people you slagged off are fans of yours too, los camps.

Respect indeed lost.

Everyone should go and listen to Bearsuit anyway, because they do the same kind of thing Los Camps do, only epically.

That comment they made, now immortalised by Twitlonger, was bone-headed, callous and downright thick. Also, I've just been reading that comment involving Hitler, and that's just shameful. :facepalm: Muse have a big fanbase because they make brilliant music, the past of which has inspired me to be involved in music a lot more, and are generally nice people who appreciate their fans and all that. Hitler gained a big fanbase because he picked up on the cries of the weary and lost at the time, and used that COLOSSAL influence to further his own twisted, racist and bitter ends.

Los Campesinos, next time you have an opinion, do try and be professional about your language/metaphors, you morons.

so they dont like muse.

whatever, right? surely they're not the only ones out there. dont think they deserve any attention, tbh.

It's not so much the fact that they (well, Gareth that does the tweets) dislike Muse, it's the moaning about getting a reaction, then slating the fans, then deleting the fan slating tweet.

If they'd got replies from Muse fans, then he'd come back and said WHY he didn't like them, fair do's. Just what's the point in calling for a whammmmbulance when people disagree, and then why slag the fans off?

Why cant everyone be nice to each other and form a circle of friends and hugs in the field in Glastonbury in the sun?

I wish I could bake a cake full of rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy...

......I just have a lot of feelings

They are just jealous of Muse Epicness. (and Muse's awesome fans;)) Those comments had me laughing when I first saw them. Actually, I just heard of Los Campesinos not that long ago. I do not own any of their releases...and don't intend to now that I see how immaturely stupid and unprofessional they are. :p Dumb move on twitter = great way to chase away future fans. :LOL:

I agree that everyone has a right to their own opinion but to use a Hitler analogy in the name of Muse is going TOO FAR. Not only did he insult the band, he insulted Muse's supermassive (pun intended) fanbase. I thought they were alright but now they've lost my respect. They should know better than to sink to that level. :moody:

Archived