It sounds blindingly obvious but there's a point when you see the same band a lot of times that you realise that it doesn't matter how many times you see them, you'll never get the tours or performances you missed before you started and those shows were the peak that set the bar. (unless you were there since day 1)

Crates would have been perfect on the Drones tour, fit the theme and would have jollied the whole thing up :)

Edited by czuczu

It’s not really about chasing the past, that’d be pointless. Just seeing a band I love. I don’t think Muse have had a definitive peak live anyway so, if anything, my love for a tour is just based on how much I like whatever album it’s for.

but are there many other known fans with that load of gigs on their roster out there, or at least north of 50?

I'm over 50, don't want to say the exact number. In my defense, I was between jobs on the T2L tour and it was kind of a bucket list thing to me to follow my favorite band, so I did it. Unfortunately I got kind of hooked. :stunned: But, aside from the gigs themselves, it's the fun of being with friends, meeting new people, traveling, and just how different it is from normal life. It doesn't really matter that the gigs themselves are very similar setlist-wise. The performances are always different and it's a really interesting experience to get into that mode of literally traveling every day to a new city and kind of escaping reality.

As an aside, I know 3 people (other than me) that are in the range of 60-100. There are quite a few Americans in the 30+ range as well. That might be a reason why some of us are so vocal. ;)

So anyway, I finally made a song list since the gig last night was my last of 2018.

Dead Star - 6

Agitated - 4

Nishe - 4

Host - 6

Fury - 2

Glorious - 1

Muscle Museum - 1

NSC - 1

Sign O ' the Times - 1

The Groove - 1

Yes Please - 1

Sunburn - 18

Unintended - 5

Falling Down - 2

Showbiz - 2

Easily - 1

Futurism - 1

Plug in Baby - 25+

Feeling Good -19

Bliss -17

New Born -14

Citizen Erased -11

Hyper Music - 1

TIRO - 25+

Interlude - 25+

Hysteria - 25+

Stockholm Syndrome - 25+

Apocalypse Please - 8

B&H - 8

RBS - 2

Sing for Absolution - 1

Take a Bow - 10

Knights - 25+

SMBH - 25+

Starlight - 25+

Map - 25+

Blackout - 5

Assassin - 3

Uprising - 25+

Resistance - 25+

UD - 25+

Eurasia -21

Guiding Light -11

US - 7

Exo pt 1 - 2

Isolated System - 25+

Follow Me - 25+

Panic Station - 25+

Supremacy - 25+

Unsustainable - 25+

Survival - 25+

Liquid State - 25+

Animals - 25+

Explorers -23

Prelude -24

Save Me - 2

Madness - 25+

Psycho - 25+

Dead Inside - 25+

Mercy - 25+

The Globalist - 25+

The Handler - 25+

Reapers - 25+

Defector - 2

Dig Down - 6

Thought Contagion - 3

Algorithm - 2

BITM - 2

TDS - 2

what song is MISSING from this list? A song that i feel like everyone I know has seen live except for me? Micro Cuts. :(

Edited by hyena

It sounds blindingly obvious but there's a point when you see the same band a lot of times that you realise that it doesn't matter how many times you see them, you'll never get the tours or performances you missed before you started and those shows were the peak that set the bar. (unless you were there since day 1)

I find this so true, The bulk of shows I saw them was during bh&r and resistance era and nothing except for SBE has really come close. I think since the 2nd law came out I've seen them 4 times, once 2nd law era 3 times drones. I still call them my favourite band and think tjere great live but I just dont connect with live show as much as back when I first saw them live.

MoTP is one of my faves I'd have heard it live once if I'd only started watching the band post 2nd law which was on the drones tour last year

My gig ranking:

(All-timers)

Wembley 2007 (1st night)

Shepherd’s Bush 2017

Wembley 2010 (2nd night)

(Special)

Barrowlands 2015

Etihad 2013

Manchester LCCC 2010

(Great)

Leeds Festival 2011

Download 2015

Manchester O2 Academy 2015

Emirates night 2 2013

Coventry Ricoh 2013

Liverpool Echo 2009

O2 Arena night 4 2016

Wembley 2010 (night 1)

(Good/Solid)

Manchester Arena 2012 (night 2)

Glasgow SECC 2009

O2 Arena Night 3 2016

Emirates night 1 2013

(Unremarkable)

Manchester Arena 2016 (night 2)

Glastonbury 2016

I think I’ll be slowing down considerably in the coming years. Interesting that only one of the Drones arena gigs made it into ‘great’ (which was down to seeing AP and Assassin for the first time), with Glasto 2016 being the weakest I’ve ever seen them…a lot of expectations for that one and imo it was a real misfire. Don't think I'll ever see a gig as utterly brilliant as those top 3 but to be honest, most of the gigs I've been to have all been so good fun with at least a good couple of really memorable moments.

If we're ranking..

Classic

25 August 2001 Pukkelpop - festival set but still a 3 piece

16 June 2007 Wembley Stadium

12 April 2008 Royal Albert Hall

19 August 2017 Shepherds Bush Empire

Great

26 August 2006 Reading Festival

21 November 2006 Wembley Arena

13 November 2009 O2

18 February 2013 Shepherds Bush Empire

23 March 2015 Brighton Dome

Good

11 September 2010 Wembley Stadium

3 December 2018 Royal Albert Hall

Meh

27 October 2012 O2

25 May 2013 Emirates

12 April 2016 O2

Changes a bit but on current thought process...

1. Reading 2011

2. Wembley 2010

3. Shepherd's Bush Empire 2013

4. Emirates 2013

5. Brighton 2015

6. London O2 2016

7. London O2 2012

8. London O2 2009

I'm over 50, don't want to say the exact number. In my defense, I was between jobs on the T2L tour and it was kind of a bucket list thing to me to follow my favorite band, so I did it. Unfortunately I got kind of hooked. :stunned: But, aside from the gigs themselves, it's the fun of being with friends, meeting new people, traveling, and just how different it is from normal life. It doesn't really matter that the gigs themselves are very similar setlist-wise. The performances are always different and it's a really interesting experience to get into that mode of literally traveling every day to a new city and kind of escaping reality.

As an aside, I know 3 people (other than me) that are in the range of 60-100. There are quite a few Americans in the 30+ range as well. That might be a reason why some of us are so vocal. ;)

Good effort. But yeah I imagine part of the thrill is the getaway and getting to meet new people in new places. Its why I want to do something more - most of my gigs in general, not just Muse, have been in London, which I can get to within about an hour, and I still like doing that, but its gotten very familiar and I do want to find something different.

Part of this is why I was game for Madison Square Garden but I would've preferred it to be on the date Chicago is. Commitments for the Saturday before its being held mean I can only fly out on the Sunday and its either Norwegian, who I only hear bad things about, or spending north of £1,000 for a return flight. So pass.

and its either Norwegian, who I only hear bad things about, or spending north of £1,000 for a return flight. So pass.

Norwegian is how I was able to come over there for RAH. It wasn't as horrible as I feared, in fact the plane was brand new (and the economy seats were quite spacious), and only about 2/3 full both directions so many of the middle seats were empty. The worst part was honestly not having a meal and snack service. :LOL:

Norwegian is how I was able to come over there for RAH. It wasn't as horrible as I feared, in fact the plane was brand new (and the economy seats were quite spacious), and only about 2/3 full both directions so many of the middle seats were empty. The worst part was honestly not having a meal and snack service. :LOL:

Maybe I need to broaden my horizons as to what they're like then.

Part of it may come from seeing a few articles in early November saying they were the most complained about airline used by UK passengers. Quite a feat given who Ryanair are.

Norwegian have always been alright when I've used them. MSG is crazy big, only been to gigs in the round there but it feels much bigger than the O2 despite being similar capacity.

My cousin saw hockey at MSG years back when on a trip out there and the photos did look enormous.

Still, different for us here for this tour because its indoors.

Hmmm:

1. Wembley Stadium Night 1 2007

2. Nottingham Arena 2003

3. Wembley Stadium Night 2 2010

4. V Festival 2004

5. Manchester Arena Night 1 2016

6. O2 Arena Assassin night 2016

7. Belfast 2015

8. O2 Arena Night 2 2009

9. Emirates Night 1 2013

10. Belfast 2017

11. Nottingham Arena 2006

12. Glastonbury 2010

13. O2 Arena Night 1 2009

Hmmm:

1. Wembley Stadium Night 1 2007

2. Nottingham Arena 2003

3. Wembley Stadium Night 2 2010

4. V Festival 2004

5. Manchester Arena Night 1 2016

6. O2 Arena Assassin night 2016

7. Belfast 2015

8. O2 Arena Night 2 2009

9. Emirates Night 1 2013

10. Belfast 2017

11. Nottingham Arena 2006

12. Glastonbury 2010

13. O2 Arena Night 1 2009

Wembley 2007 and 2010 (2nd night) really were spectacular.

How come Nottingham 2006 is so low? I always had the impression the BHaR arena gigs were excellent, and wasn't that one of the few times they played the album in full?

Wembley 2007 and 2010 (2nd night) really were spectacular.

How come Nottingham 2006 is so low? I always had the impression the BHaR arena gigs were excellent, and wasn't that one of the few times they played the album in full?

That's why it was so low. It didn't flow or feel spontaneous, then they did the same thing a few days later but played more songs. The encore was great but the rest just dragged

That's why it was so low. It didn't flow or feel spontaneous, then they did the same thing a few days later but played more songs. The encore was great but the rest just dragged

That's really interesting, I'd take that setlist in a heartbeat these days. Annoying they played more songs a few days later, mind.

I've heard that stance from multiple people. After you know what's going on it just kinda ruined the surprise. And I guess since it was their new album (and they weren't basing their show around playing the album like some bands have) there wasn't much of a specialness to it.

Only five gigs but here are my rankings:

1) Manchester Academy 2015

It's going to be hard for anything to beat this, to be honest every single gig I've been to in this venue has been absolutely beautiful. The setlist was close to perfect, the crowd was nuts and has just lived on in my memories as one of the best gigs I've been to.

2) Emirates Night 1 2013

I know a lot of people rate the Unsustainable tour gigs incredibly low, but being my first Muse gig this was incredibly special. Didn't know Dead Star at the time so it just flew over my head but hearing all of the staples for the first time was something I wish I could happen again. Also went with my dad, who has since refused to go see Muse again (blame Dizzee Rascal or the 'crazy rude rap man' as he puts it)

3) Royal Albert Hall 2018

What could've been something to beat the Manch Academy gig was put off by that stupid medley, whilst in hindsight it does seem rather cool - I was completely thrown off by the lyric-less Assassin 9especially as I've only heard the same 3 songs from Black Holes at every Muse gig) and shortened Stockholm. Dead Star onwards was awesome though. Can't complain at Showbiz though, just wish they played another rarity in full.

4) Manchester Arena 2016 night 2

Mixed feelings about this one, really didn't like the stage setup, the 360 stage just didn't work for me at all. Maybe it was because i was sitting in the seats, but had a good view of the band the entire time. The crowd threw me off as well, nobody seemed to know the lyrics to Reapers or the Handler. Finally managed to catch Citizen Erased though. The whole Drones thing ruined the flow of the entire set, and when they worked they weren't entirely spectacular.

5) Big Weekend 2015

It was shit

Fantastic:

1) Teignmouth Night 2, 2009

2) Reading Festival 2011

3) Download Festival 2015

4) Wembley Stadium Night 2, 2010

Ok:

5) Emirates Stadium Night 2, 2013

Poor:

6) London O2 Night 2, 2012

7) LA Staples Centre Night 2, 2015

Would do morally questionable things to see Black Holes in full

SAME.

Only 5 gigs but might as well rank em anyway.

1. SBE 2017 for obvious reasons. Especially given I got a ticket the night before and never thought in a million years I'd be able to go.

2. Reading 2017 - Set and performance were both amazing to cap off a fantastic weekend and first time seeing TaB :happy:

3. Sydney, 2010 (Night 2) - Bliss and the towers were great from seats!

4. Sydney, 2017 - Not an interesting setlist but the band were on form.

5. Sydney, 2013 - B&H was a highlight but otherwise the setlist was trash.