So I've seen just as many OOS tracks live as I've seen BHAR tracks. Is this the same for most people, or am I just lucky?

I'd say it's pretty rare to have seen more BH&R tracks tbh. Excluding seeing the album in full, I've seen 7 songs from Origin (8 if you wanna count Dead Star) compared to 5 from Black Holes - 2 of which I only saw once six years ago. Think I've also seen about 7 from Abso, including Fury and The Groove. Basically, Black Holes needs more love.

On another note, hoo boy am I looking forward to updating after this spring/summer. Hoping for 7 or 8 new songs if I'm lucky.

Edited by Jobby

Why would Origin era songs count (@ both Jobby and Lockeface)? No one considers Nishe part of Showbiz or Popcorn part of The Resistance and those were actually album single b-sides where Dead Star and related weren't. Origin era isn't even an accurate term that I just used.

Why would Origin era songs count (@ both Jobby and Lockeface)? No one considers Nishe part of Showbiz or Popcorn part of The Resistance and those were actually album single b-sides where Dead Star and related weren't.

I was just lumping it in as an option, since a fair amount of people do associate it with that album and might count it. I tend to do my full list by era just to save having too many separate sections so I include Nishe under the Showbiz bracket as well.

If you don't wanna count it, that's still 7 songs directly from Origin though.

Hoping for 7 or 8 new songs if I'm lucky.

:LOL::LOL:

:'(

Why would Origin era songs count (@ both Jobby and Lockeface)? No one considers Nishe part of Showbiz or Popcorn part of The Resistance and those were actually album single b-sides where Dead Star and related weren't. Origin era isn't even an accurate term that I just used.

I consider Nishe part of Showbiz "era", as well as Agitated, Spiral Static etc

:LOL::LOL:

:'(

It's actually not that impossible :LOL:

I've still got Revolt, The Globalist, Drones (lol) and Defector (got a feeling it might get played a bit more in Europe) to see from the new album. Then there's AP, assuming that sticks around, and the slight possibility of Showbiz, Sunburn or Assassin. I've not got much hope for Assassin though tbh.

I've also seen more Origin songs than Black Holes ones. 4 to 3.

Yeah I've seen more from Abso (4) and Origin (4) than BH&R (3). And the Black Holes songs I've seen have only been the standard - Starlight, SMBH and Knights - which is a shame because it's my favourite album.

I was disappointed this time around to only hear the Drones songs as new live material. The odds of hearing Citizen Erased or Apocalypse Please were pretty good but instead I heard Map for the 4th time and everything else for the fifth.

At previous shows, I've been lucky enough to hear MK Ultra, Unnatural Selection, Nishe, Ruled by Secrecy, Butterflies & Hurricanes and Sunburn along with some other songs that they used to deem worthy of the US (New Born, Stockholm Syndrome). The unfortunate part is that the chances of hearing those older, rarer songs probably go down with each passing tour.

I guess that I've heard more from Absolution (5) than BH&R (4) as well. It's just that I hear the BH&R ones every time. The only songs that I've ever heard from Origin are PiB, New Born and Feeling Good.

Edited by Nigel_Tufnel

I guess that I've heard more from Absolution (5) than BH&R (4) as well. It's just that I hear the BH&R ones every time. The only songs that I've ever heard from Origin are PiB, New Born and Feeling Good.

Well look at our Psycho Tour gigs versus the ones over in the UK. Extremely conscious decision to bring out Assassin and AP and play New Born for the US versus Origin or Showbiz since "we don't know it", Bliss is the exception and Hyper Music was definitely a one off sort of thing.

They had mentioned going in they wanted to slant it towards the albums where they more officially "started" in the US. Why they didn't end up playing some more Absolution though is beyond me but at least Apocalypse Please has become kind of regular as a result.

Well look at our Psycho Tour gigs versus the ones over in the UK. Extremely conscious decision to bring out Assassin and AP and play New Born for the US versus Origin or Showbiz since "we don't know it", Bliss is the exception and Hyper Music was definitely a one off sort of thing.

.... New Born is on Origin

The problem wasn't what albums the songs were on, but WHICH songs they picked from those albums; a person going to Webster could quite conceivably only heard only one song (The Groove) that they hadn't heard on the prior tour, or would hear on the Drones tour.

NB was a regular T2L rotation, and even Bliss was played at a few early shows, much like this tour.

The T2L tour had arguably older and "less known" songs in Sunburn, Agitated and Yes Please.

Saying you're going to stick to the albums people know is one thing, even if I don't agree with it, but then sticking largely to the plethora of massively known radio hits that get played at every single show anyways was a bit, well, shit.

If they really wanted to stick with familiar albums, they should have been throwing in SfA, Assassin, Invincible, etc level shit but instead they still stuck to SONGS that were familiar.

And again, just really telling about how they feel about their audience here, especially knowing that people were fighting for a tiny amount of tickets and traveling major distances to see this.

Saying you're going to stick to the albums people know is one thing, even if I don't agree with it, but then sticking largely to the plethora of massively known radio hits that get played at every single show anyways was a bit, well, shit.

If they really wanted to stick with familiar albums, they should have been throwing in SfA, Assassin, Invincible, etc level shit but instead they still stuck to SONGS that were familiar.

Ah, what I would have given to have heard Sing for Absolution instead of Undisclosed Desires and even Invincible instead of Starlight. I would not have missed Hysteria a bit either if they did Assassin instead.

Ironically, each of those songs could have been worked into a Drones-themed story line better than the songs they actually played. Imagine Psycho going into Assassin. Invincible could have stood in for Aftermath's position on the album.

Edited by Nigel_Tufnel

• 3 weeks later...

Fairly happy with two gigs :)

Sunburn

Unintended

New Born

Bliss

Plug In Baby (x2)

Feeling Good

Apocalypse Please

Time Is Running Out (x2)

Stockholm Syndrome