Muse: "We thrive on demons"

bunerz

Talk about nitpicking! :LOL: Don't people young enough talk about "my school friends"? Doesn't mean they think they own the school! :LOL: Anyway he's said "our" and "we" throughout the interview.

I wonder why he is being flagged up at the airport. :stunned: I hope does contact the embassy to ask about it. That's a bit worrying.

I think the security guys are fans.

*looks at twitpic* :ninja:

And yet, Muse are arguably as big as U2 or Coldplay.
Not arguably. :phu:

he says, donning a tin-foil hat.
:LOL:

"I heard about it way back. Stephenie came to one of our gigs in Phoenix in Arizona. I was told there was this amazing new novelist. I did read the first one and quite enjoyed it."
:shifty: Oh well, who knows, I never read it, though my sister did, and she tells me while it's hardly the pinnacle of literature it does do a few things quite well, like getting into the mind of a lovestruck teenage girl. I wonder if Matt relates to that. :LOL:

oh, and Whoo we finally get Matt's opinion of the whole Kate Hudson debacle! Good to hear he's being mature about it. :awesome: Still, I hope it doesn't get too crazy since I'm sure it's tough to deal with all that attention.

There's also a meat. Hopefully that's not significant.

And I'm rather impressed that The Resistance sold 8 million copies. Always knew it did very well, but to actually hear the number is another thing.

8 million sounds very unlikely to me. I remember reading in 2007 or 2008 that all of their albums combined had sold slightly more than 8 million copies. I don't think TR sold as many copies in 9 months than all other albums in 9 years.

It's weird because I was just looking at some KH interviews, really because all the stuff that I've seen about her apart from the recent tabloid articles have been here, and Matt's pages, that's it, and as that has done my head in a bit, I wanted to get a different perspective, and then I came on to post something about this and this interview was here. Actually she seems nice, pretty, bubbly, fun loving, and I have to say that judging her on interviews alone, I would say she seems quite a catch, and I can definitely see why anyone would enjoy her company. :)

One thing that touched me is that she spoke about her mother teaching her how to be joyful, and about Tuesdays with Morrie, a book I have read which is about finding the good in the bad things (really bad things as Morrie is dying from a terminal illness but nevertheless manages to find some positivity in just having the experience) and it made me feel a bit weepy actually.

So I don't want to annoy anyone, or fall out with anyone, who has formed their own conclusions from their own experiences, but poor Matt has received a lot of aggravation and he has been judged over this by fans (and KH is being judged) but the majority of people do not know the reality of situation and do not know Kate so, you know, let's be nice, and supportive of Matt (and KH:ninja:) at a time which must be difficult with all the additional media attention. :) I'm surprised actually that Matt wouldn't have expected it tbh.

Anyway hope it's okay to say that and not against forum rules.;)

Nice interview.:)

+ 1

I'm wondering where all the negativity Matt talks about is coming from. He probably doesn't mean the board so maybe the press (although I haven't read any negative articles but then I haven't been Googling it) or maybe his friends?

I wondered that. I very much doubt he's referring to friends as that would be completely out of context of what he's talking about. The articles have been generally positive but I suppose he could have seen some of the public reaction to the articles being published both on here and the myspace and facebook pages and viewed that as all connected to having his personal life put under scrutiny, something he hasn't had to deal with before to a huge degree.

Alternatively he might just be comparing two new experiences that have taken him aback. It's probably just as affecting realising that the internet and media are swarming with descriptions and photos of what you did in your private time the previous day (can you imagine what that must feel like?) as reading for the first time, and having to take on board, opinions on your work from lots of strangers.

Hmm. I don't know. Whichever, hugs to Matt.

I'm wondering where all the negativity Matt talks about is coming from. He probably doesn't mean the board so maybe the press (although I haven't read any negative articles but then I haven't been Googling it) or maybe his friends?

Oh, there's plenty of snarky stuff out there about KH. How much of it he's aware of as it relates to his relationship may depend on how much trouble he's gone to to seek it out. He would just have to do a quick perusal of Muse-related tweets and his own MySpace page, not to mention this forum. And yeah, probably his friends.

Archived